Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 New Walthers F40PHs (including the MBTA!)
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 2015 Broadway Limited Catalog Topic Next Topic: Bachmann E-Z app: Bluetooth-controlled locomotives  

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - October 08 2014 :  9:36:55 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
In my new Walthers flyer copy, they announced some new color schemes for the TrainLine F40PH. This includes a new Metrolink paint scheme, and the returns of Amtrak Phase IV, Tri-Rail and the MBTA! I am particularly excited about the latter, as the MBTA owns the railroad tracks running through my area and frequently run commuter trains on it!

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/931-402

Looks like they won't be updating the paint scheme for the MBTA F40PHs though, still using that late 1980s paint scheme like they used to. Though some painted like this are still used on the North zone (i.e. routes coming from North Station in Boston), where I am I only see MBTA F40PHs painted like this:
/tyco/forum/uploaded/wiley209/MBTA_F40PH_locomotives_in_Worcester_layover_yard.jpg
(This is actually the most common MBTA locomotive I see on the route. Sometimes I'll see the older GP40MCs or even an MP36!)
I've seen some custom-painted model F40PHs in that paint scheme, particularly at a few model train exhibitions that have an O-gauge MBTA F40PH painted like that (one I saw at the Marshfield Fair this year even had a working horn and bell, blinking ditch lights and an engineer figure at the cabs!)

I DO have a Life-Like MBTA F40PH, but it's painted in the even older early '80s paint scheme!
/tyco/forum/uploaded/wiley209/file-70.jpg
Still looks pretty realistic though, especially with those cars behind it. I'm thinking I may get the Walthers MBTA F40PH and maybe customize some old Athearn passenger cars in MBTA colors, since Walthers' old MBTA cars won't run on 18-radius curves.

Now I wonder how long it'll be before I see an HO-scale HSP46 locomotive? (The MBTA's newest; they have eight of them so far!)
/tyco/forum/uploaded/wiley209/3b9bc800a25219f92b9e4af143072250_XL.jpg
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator 

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 08 2014 :  10:25:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I'm now wondering that too. Why haven't they made those HSP46's in H0 yet? They look awesome.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - November 19 2014 :  5:37:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
I am hoping some mfg'r will also make an ALP-46, and a PL-45.... No one seems interested so far....
Edited by - AF Kid on November 19 2014 5:39:14 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - March 16 2015 :  8:38:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
In my new Walthers flyer copy, they announced some new color schemes for the TrainLine F40PH. This includes a new Metrolink paint scheme, and the returns of Amtrak Phase IV, Tri-Rail and the MBTA! I am particularly excited about the latter, as the MBTA owns the railroad tracks running through my area and frequently run commuter trains on it!

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/931-402

Looks like they won't be updating the paint scheme for the MBTA F40PHs though, still using that late 1980s paint scheme like they used to. Though some painted like this are still used on the North zone (i.e. routes coming from North Station in Boston), where I am I only see MBTA F40PHs painted like this:
/tyco/forum/uploaded/wiley209/MBTA_F40PH_locomotives_in_Worcester_layover_yard.jpg
(This is actually the most common MBTA locomotive I see on the route. Sometimes I'll see the older GP40MCs or even an MP36!)
I've seen some custom-painted model F40PHs in that paint scheme, particularly at a few model train exhibitions that have an O-gauge MBTA F40PH painted like that (one I saw at the Marshfield Fair this year even had a working horn and bell, blinking ditch lights and an engineer figure at the cabs!)

I DO have a Life-Like MBTA F40PH, but it's painted in the even older early '80s paint scheme!
/tyco/forum/uploaded/wiley209/file-70.jpg
Still looks pretty realistic though, especially with those cars behind it. I'm thinking I may get the Walthers MBTA F40PH and maybe customize some old Athearn passenger cars in MBTA colors, since Walthers' old MBTA cars won't run on 18-radius curves.

Now I wonder how long it'll be before I see an HO-scale HSP46 locomotive? (The MBTA's newest; they have eight of them so far!)
/tyco/forum/uploaded/wiley209/3b9bc800a25219f92b9e4af143072250_XL.jpg

Originally posted by wiley209 - October 08 2014 :  9:36:55 PM

I already picked up Metrolink #800. It's the only one on the roster. Excellent model except fort he fact that its missing the ditch lights just like the one pictured. They could have molden them on at least but having a model of #800 makes up for it.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: 2015 Broadway Limited Catalog Topic Next Topic: Bachmann E-Z app: Bluetooth-controlled locomotives  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000