Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 50 ]  [ Total: 50 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 B&M Colors?????
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Back after a long time off Topic Next Topic: Delaware & Hudson yellow caboose  

siouxlake
Hudson

Posted - September 16 2014 :  5:00:41 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add siouxlake to Buddylist
To any of you B&M fans or those in the NE who are familiar with the Boston & Maine:

I am trying to get things right paint-wise, before I start on a work caboose project. I believe the 1950s "McGinnis" color scheme was a black roof and the bluebird blue body, with various B&M intertwined letter colors as the livery was tweaked over the 10 years (1956-65) this style was in use.
Here is an image I took off Railpictures Archives, where the roof of the caboose appears to be dark blue- or is that an artifact of the color photography of the time.
Compare this:

With this:

The first roof looks black, plain enough, but the second has a blueish tinge...

What is correct?

Thanks for any help-

Siouxlake Ron

Edited by - siouxlake on September 16 2014 5:07:52 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: September 21 2011  ~  Last Visit: December 21 2014 Alert Moderator 

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - September 16 2014 :  9:15:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
To my eye the second roof looks like it's painted black and, to the extent that it shines, reflecting some of the blue from the sky. The pale rust streaks especially seem to catch some sky blue.
Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2354  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 16 2014 :  9:54:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I agree, the roof is black and the blue of the sky is giving the roof a slight blue tint...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Back after a long time off Topic Next Topic: Delaware & Hudson yellow caboose  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000