Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Railroadiana
 My "COTW", scaled up!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: BNSF plaque Topic Next Topic: telegraph pole  

weekendrailroader
Little Six

Posted - September 07 2014 :  11:20:13 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add weekendrailroader to Buddylist
Well, my friend and I saw this speeder listed on Craigslist for $600 obo, so we decided to buy it. However, the owner hadn't recived a single response in the 5 days that the ad had been listed, so he moved the item to eBay. My friend and I agreed to go half-and-half on this one, and, long story made short, we won our very first ebay auction. It wasn't exactly cheap at $600, but we still got a great deal. It would seem that we've switched to a bigger scale. Now for some restoration work. :)

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/weekendrailroader?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 189  ~  Member Since: March 07 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 07 2014 :  6:27:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ohhhh I hate you so much now! (ok not really)
great find
I been wanting one of those for a long time
Need one with a flatcar to tow behind

Gonna join NARCOA.org now? hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - September 07 2014 :  6:36:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Awesome find, weekendrailroader.The only question I have is what are you going to do with it once you're finished restoring it?
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 07 2014 :  6:57:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Great catch for $600 ! Don't see them go that cheap very often. Can't wait to see the progress report on this Large Scale resto. :)

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - September 07 2014 :  9:01:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Stephen,
They have seeder meets all over the country.
Regards, John
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - September 07 2014 :  9:44:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Stephen,
They have seeder meets all over the country.
Regards, John

Originally posted by JRG1951 - September 07 2014 :  9:01:02 PM

Oh, really?Pretty neat find whatever you do with it, redwoods.I know, John, you're not redwoods, that last sentence wasn't for you.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on September 07 2014 9:45:46 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 12 2014 :  10:17:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Trumped us all!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11211  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 12 2014 :  11:38:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I saw one of these on UP last week BUT it looked like it was converted to passengers
It looked like one of these but with seats along the length of car on both sides

I know PIX or it didn't happen
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: BNSF plaque Topic Next Topic: telegraph pole  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000