Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Babe in the Woods
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Life Like Gravy Train Topic Next Topic: Maker of this caboose  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 30 2014 :  2:40:49 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
1. Seeking a power truck for Tyco GG1. Will pay cash or trade Tyco or parts.

2. I am a closet Anglophile, that is to say, I love British OO. I am preparing to launch a
rather expensive DCC British OO layout in the coming months, but have had some good, and
some bad experiences with British manufacturers, frequently from the same one.

My question is this: I have heard Hornby "improved" their turn outs because they had a nasty
reputation for flipping pilot wheels off the frogs. So what serial number is improved??? I don't
want to end up with $300 of the "unimproved" left over stock that burned so many before me.

Also, I am soliciting picks and pans regarding British OO. What works, what is garbage? Like I
said, the quality ranges from really good to really bad.

Chops
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11212  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 31 2014 :  2:52:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I run mine on the same HO layout I run everything else on. Atles switches and mixed code 100 track. It works for me.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 31 2014 :  6:45:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I found that the pilots, when so equipped, flip off Atlas frogs
routinely. Depth of the flange way appears part of the problem.
To ream out the flange way, what tool might work? Tried a file, ended up with a carved up mess.

Then there was this article saying that older Hornby turn outs also caused routine pilot derailment because they lacked a guide rail. What serial number would that be (to avoid)?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11212  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Life Like Gravy Train Topic Next Topic: Maker of this caboose  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000