Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 34 ]  [ Total: 34 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 GP20 PT--MU2 Conversion
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Bicen 4301 w/h metal railings, Carlisle Flea Topic Next Topic: A Study in 0-4-0 tanks  

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - July 05 2014 :  2:28:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
Hello All--This may have been covered before, but I was wondering if an MU-2 power truck can be put in the place of a Powertorque truck in a GP 20? I have a Durango (KD&C) GP 20 with a fried PT, and would like to put in the older truck in its stead. Thanks for any comments--- Chris
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 05 2014 :  9:11:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I believe the mounting frames are different between the PT and the MU-2. the older MU-2 used mounting screws, and the PT has a slotted pivoting bracket which snaps into the shell. They MAY have updated some of the MU-2 power units to the newer mounting system before converting to PT. If your MU-2 uses screws, then you may have problems mounting the newer unit. You MAY be able to switch the PT frame to the MU-2 power truck, not sure. I haven't tried to convert one myself.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - September 30 2014 :  8:39:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
You can... I did it with a Tyco Western Pacific. You have to put a washer or two in the front truck to take off the sloped angle.....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Bicen 4301 w/h metal railings, Carlisle Flea Topic Next Topic: A Study in 0-4-0 tanks  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000