Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 37 ]  [ Total: 37 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 T- 10 (?) Set in Wooden Box
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What was your first set as a child? Topic Next Topic: I''m looking for the 87-88 TYCO M.A.S.K. Train Set  

richard p
Little Six

Posted - June 05 2014 :  11:23:57 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add richard p to Buddylist
Searched here and elsewhere with little luck. There was one on Ebay recently ($500 but no takers). Seller claimed it was from 1956. The set had 2 engines with TYCO roadname everything was in Tyco blue boxes so the date sounds right. It had 8 cars, track, switches, but no power pack. The price was $99.00! (this would be $860 today) The caboose did not have the TYCO roadname, but B&O. Does anyone have any info? Thanks.

I just saw that the 1956 and 1957 catalogs list the set as T-10. '56 shows a TYCO roadname and '57 shows B&O. Nothing similar before or after.

rich p
Edited by - richard p on June 05 2014 11:43:04 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 190  ~  Member Since: December 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 02 2023 Alert Moderator 

waw47
Hudson

Posted - June 05 2014 :  1:03:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
I don't believe Mantua/Tyco produced an eight wheel caboose with the TYCO name on it. The B&O road name would be correct for that period. The Tyco eight wheel caboose is most likely just a catalog illustration.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

richard p
Little Six

Posted - June 05 2014 :  1:27:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add richard p to Buddylist
I have often wondered about the 8 wheel caboose as well. I have never seen one listed anywhere. The 4 wheel with Little Trains and TYCO roadnames are not hard to find (I have both). It only appears in the '56 and '57 catalogs as T-316 (no letter). Tyco also listed a TYCO Streamliner dome car (T-508) that was never produced so who knows.
rich p
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 190  ~  Member Since: December 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 02 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

richard p
Little Six

Posted - June 19 2014 :  1:57:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add richard p to Buddylist
Well the above set was relisted and sold (?) for $500 to a single bidder. I would assume it is a record for a Tyco set.
rich p
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 190  ~  Member Since: December 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 02 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: What was your first set as a child? Topic Next Topic: I''m looking for the 87-88 TYCO M.A.S.K. Train Set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000