Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW May 18 - May 24 , 2014
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW May 25 - May 31 Topic Next Topic: LOTW May 11 - May 17  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 17 2014 :  11:44:21 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Been looking for this Tyco switcher for weeks now.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 18 2014 :  10:43:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Here's my LOTW. It's an IHC 2-8-0 Mogul that I got at a train show 3 or 4 years ago for $25 as is. Before I show you the picture, I apologize for how dark the picture is. My room doesn't have very good lighting and the locomotive is very dark.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 18 2014 :  10:50:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey Walt I just got one of those switchers at a garage sale Sat
Will use it to get my Rambo loco going

Anyway here is a 027 Lionel 2-4-0 I got with other cars & track for $10

the front cover is missing
the round thing under the tender is the Chugg-Chugg sound & it sounds like the ones Tyco made!

Edited by - microbusss on May 18 2014 10:52:02 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14697  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 18 2014 :  1:16:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
My LOTW is a pair of Amtrak locomotives that headed up the Empire Builder almost a year ago - represented here by an Athearn Blue Box AMD-103/P42 and a Walthers Trainline GE Dash-8 32BW.
I stripped, repainted and decaled both as a keepsake of the trip.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - May 18 2014 :  1:50:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
Here is my LOTW, it a Mantua Weyerhaeuser Boooster I won on eBay a few weeks back. I alway see a Weyerhaeuser articulated logger but never this one.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 19 2014 :  10:28:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
This is the true LOTW. Chops said it himself. He just made an error when posting on the thread and he wants everyone to post their LOTW here.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on May 19 2014 10:29:10 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - May 19 2014 :  11:10:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
My LOTW is a FA2 & FB2 P2000 set from Walthers. A few added details and custom paint. This was an early paint job for me. The lettering was individual dry transfer letters. It needs a front shield, just never got that done. I think the caboose is an AHM.

Regards, John ********************

A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true,
for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding. <> Isaac Newton

Originally posted by JRG1951 - May 19 2014 : 10:21:26 AM

[/quote]
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 19 2014 :  2:04:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I like the FA set & caboose
Now you needs a boxcar

Isn't that Mantua Weyerhaeuser loco hard to find?
I want the diesels with Ford & RCA on them too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14697  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 19 2014 :  3:39:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
My LOTW is a FA2 & FB2 P2000 set from Walthers. A few added details and custom paint. This was an early paint job for me. The lettering was individual dry transfer letters. It needs a front shield, just never got that done. I think the caboose is an AHM.

Regards, John ********************

A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true,
for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding. <> Isaac Newton

Originally posted by JRG1951 - May 19 2014 :  11:10:32 AM

[/quote]Oddly enough, I actually have an Athearn F7 that came with my first model train set with that exact same number as your Pecos Valley Southern engine.

-Steve

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 19 2014 :  6:21:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
My LOTW is a FA2 & FB2 P2000 set from Walthers. This was an early paint job for me.

That's a tidy job of masking and painting that bow wave and would be a good job at any level of practice. As an early effort, consider me impressed!

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2359  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 19 2014 :  7:34:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
< Story before post > Well, I made a trip up to visit my buddy in Acme PA this past weekend. Along the way, I was going to hit some flea markets and local sights along I-70 / I-76 corridor. First stop was Bedford, PA west of Breezewood, a local flea called Hoke-E-Geez, indoor, some very neat stuff. I managed to find one HO train piece I wanted, a Life-Like circus flat with wagons on it, for $8. Also, a local antique car club stopped in the parking lot to let members catch up, I got some great pics of some very interesting old cars, from the '30's up to the '60's.
Then, on to Mann's Choice, PA where a little hole-in-the-wall hobby shop sat, I passed it on a Sunday a few years back, and said next time up, I'm gonna stop in. So, 11 AM Friday morning, there I was. Had to call the guy to open the shop, he was right next door. Inside, he had quite a bit eclectic collection of N, HO, O gauge stuff. Inside his case, though, after I'd selected "almost" everything I wanted, I spotted something....green. With a pantograph. Hmm, BN engine, #7123. Is this an E60CF? Look similar, but it has the trapezoidal pantograph, not the elbow type like the CF has. I can't find any reference to it anywhere on "the Internet". Of course, it may just be the search terms I'm using, but so far, haven't found any exact match yet. If anyone can ID it, let me know! All I know it's green, unusual , and I like it that way. :D

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 19 2014 :  8:16:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
< Story before post > Well, I made a trip up to visit my buddy in Acme PA this past weekend. Along the way, I was going to hit some flea markets and local sights along I-70 / I-76 corridor. First stop was Bedford, PA west of Breezewood, a local flea called Hoke-E-Geez, indoor, some very neat stuff. I managed to find one HO train piece I wanted, a Life-Like circus flat with wagons on it, for $8. Also, a local antique car club stopped in the parking lot to let members catch up, I got some great pics of some very interesting old cars, from the '30's up to the '60's.
Then, on to Mann's Choice, PA where a little hole-in-the-wall hobby shop sat, I passed it on a Sunday a few years back, and said next time up, I'm gonna stop in. So, 11 AM Friday morning, there I was. Had to call the guy to open the shop, he was right next door. Inside, he had quite a bit eclectic collection of N, HO, O gauge stuff. Inside his case, though, after I'd selected "almost" everything I wanted, I spotted something....green. With a pantograph. Hmm, BN engine, #7123. Is this an E60CF? Look similar, but it has the trapezoidal pantograph, not the elbow type like the CF has. I can't find any reference to it anywhere on "the Internet". Of course, it may just be the search terms I'm using, but so far, haven't found any exact match yet. If anyone can ID it, let me know! All I know it's green, unusual , and I like it that way. :D

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - May 19 2014 :  7:34:59 PM

I like it too, man.Cool find!

-Steve

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 19 2014 :  8:25:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Well Jerry I am stumped. I have found about every electric locomotive on Google EXCEPT that one. Doesn't help that I know zero about electric locomotives either.
But I'm with you, I like that one. Great find.
Have you taken the shell off and looked at the innards? Because just looking at it - I am tempted to call it an amazingly well done kitbash. Looks like older Athearn metal sideframe power trucks....and the fuel tank looks like an old Atlas Austria chassis....but the shell looks fairly modern.
Let us know what you find out! Beautiful locomotive whatever it is!

Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jbsmith966
Big Six

Scooter, with a 75mm Recoiless Rifle !

Posted - May 19 2014 :  8:43:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jbsmith966 to Buddylist
As seen on countless Athearn Blue Box Kits box cover art ,the F7A Union Pacific 1467

[URL=http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/jbsmith966/media/album2/006.jpg.html] [/URL]
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 245  ~  Member Since: May 05 2010  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 19 2014 :  10:13:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
did you buy the loco, Jerry?

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 19 2014 :  10:56:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Walt, your little Plymouth is blocking all those emergency services.

Stephen, you stole that 2-6-0 for $25.

Here's something I was nudged into buying by another member who shall go nameless. As if my own compulsive buying wasn't enough, now I have to deal with peer pressure?

This Rivarossi Blackjack GG1 was for sale at the LHS, without any box or paperwork. I always figured I'd wait for a complete unit, but the price wasn't bad.

Not bad tampo printing on the pantographs for the 70's. If you look closely, you can see the body paint is a different shade than the truck frames, which are painted black. There was some dirt on the roof I had to work to remove, and finally I tried a little alcohol on a rag. I made one light pass, and the paint wiped right off! Fortunately it was superficial, but when I looked at the rag, it was a dark forest green! Yes Virginia, Brunswick Green really is green after all. I'm just amazed it wiped off, since Rivarossi paint usually only comes off with a flamethrower.

About the nickname... I remember there was a blurb about this in Model Railroader back when these were issued. The people at AHM were sitting around trying to figure out why it was called the Blackjack when one of them hit on it: 4+9+3+5 = 21.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - May 19 2014 :  11:01:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
Jerry:

Gentlemen! Good Grief! Now THAT my friend is an electric locomotive what's an electric locomotive!! What you have found is none other than the famous, rather rare, and quite valuable American GK E60C-2! I have one that I found as a basket case at a local shop, and I believe one other guy on the forums somewhere (forget who) has one he rebuilt into an NJT E60CP.

The model is based not on the actual E60C-2, which was built on a slightly longer frame for the Black Mesa & Lake Powell exclusively (that's what mine is painted for, lucky me), but on drawings made for BN by GE when they asked for new electric power for their re-electrification that never happened. In a sense, this is the prototypical scheme for this body design, insofar as that can be said considering none were built exactly like it.

The model came from American GK as a shell and detail parts to fit over an Athearn SD9 frame. Unfortunately, that brass pantograph is someone's flight of fancy. The model came with a modern half-pantograph, made of (of all things) white metal castings. Likewise, you are missing the insulators and bus bars. Mine;s missing those too. Yours, however, still has the triangular bits along the top of the carbody next to the pantograph! Mine are missing... could you pleeeze take measurements of them and tell me so I can make my own from styrene?

Finally, there the heck is Mann's Choice? Living in PA, I ought to go see what else is there if they produce such stuff as this.

Also, Nelson: that's quite a nice blackjack there. Always loved these locos. Mine's serial 2031, with one pilot snapped off and gathering dust on a shelf. Gotta fix that...

--CRC
Edited by - PRR 4800 on May 19 2014 11:06:47 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 19 2014 :  11:29:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
what section of tracks was BN gonna re-elecrtify?
Only one I can think of is the Cascade Tunnel lines the former GN lines!

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  06:36:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
PRR4800: I had a feeling you would come through on the electric loco ID

Nelson: That's a beautiful GG-1 Can't imagine who here would apply pressure to purchase such a thing especially with all the puddles of drool around it

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  09:05:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Don & Ben,
Thanks for the kind comments, The masking on these units was done with PC board layout tape. Back in the old days we produced the art work patterns for printed circuit boards on clear mylar 2X on a drafting table. We had just switched to a computer layout system for our art work. The result was a bunch of surplus tape that was great for masking locomotives. I had steady hands and sharp eyes back then too. With today's technology this product is no longer produced.

Regards, John ****************

Where are we going to get power when it is cloudy and the wind does not blow? <> Junior

Edited by - JRG1951 on May 20 2014 09:06:23 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  11:16:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
John, I love the PECOS VALLEY SOUTHERN locos you're showing. What is your connection to this line? I've rail fanned it many times out in West Texas. I even found some old waybills and telegrams from the 1920's in the abandoned station in Saragosa (no longer standing). Of course, they could only wish to have had those locos, only ever having steam, GE 70-tonners, and some sort of SW-something. Chris
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - May 20 2014 :  11:35:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
Mine is an eBay find. I have been wanting one of these for a while. Found this one in pretty rough shape priced to sell. Some cleaning, lube, and new traction tires resulted in thus fine runner:

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 20 2014 :  12:34:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Walt, your little Plymouth is blocking all those emergency services.

Stephen, you stole that 2-6-0 for $25.

Here's something I was nudged into buying by another member who shall go nameless. As if my own compulsive buying wasn't enough, now I have to deal with peer pressure?

This Rivarossi Blackjack GG1 was for sale at the LHS, without any box or paperwork. I always figured I'd wait for a complete unit, but the price wasn't bad.

Not bad tampo printing on the pantographs for the 70's. If you look closely, you can see the body paint is a different shade than the truck frames, which are painted black. There was some dirt on the roof I had to work to remove, and finally I tried a little alcohol on a rag. I made one light pass, and the paint wiped right off! Fortunately it was superficial, but when I looked at the rag, it was a dark forest green! Yes Virginia, Brunswick Green really is green after all. I'm just amazed it wiped off, since Rivarossi paint usually only comes off with a flamethrower.

About the nickname... I remember there was a blurb about this in Model Railroader back when these were issued. The people at AHM were sitting around trying to figure out why it was called the Blackjack when one of them hit on it: 4+9+3+5 = 21.

Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - May 19 2014 :  10:56:33 PM

I love that cg-1, Nickelplate. Looks really nice!Anyway, that engine may not run too good but man is it gorgeous.

-Steve

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 20 2014 :  1:51:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Night and Day. Athearn GP 40 hand painted a fantasy green with red and white "worms in love." Photographed Sunday on Tycomania layout.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11212  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  3:58:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Adams,
I have a interest in this line that dates to my childhood.

The real PVS ran from Pecos to Balmorhea Tx. Then it ran from Pecos to Saragosa. Now it runs from Pecos to Hoban (a gravel Pit). I have seen the old GE 70 toners in operation awhile back. The line only has a SW900M in operation now. My fictional HO version would have been a bridge line between the Santa Fe at Hobbs NM to Texas Pacific at Pecos Tx. and then the Southern Pacific at Alpine Tx. The latest fictional line will be a WWII Texas & Rio Grande that will use the old PVS right of way but it will run from Lamesa Tx to Alpine Tx.

I have several pictures of PVS items, but they are film and may not be able to find them.

Regards, John ***********************

We can stand affliction better than we can prosperity, for in prosperity we forget God. <> Dwight L. Moody

Edited by - JRG1951 on May 20 2014 5:34:46 PM

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  7:58:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
ray - I really like that Rock Island switcher. Nice! I have developed a real interest for the IHC locos in general lately, since you sent that BN RS11. Remind me a lot of Athearns, in that they are relatively easy to work on and seem to be pretty reliable.

Chops - as always I love those old Penn Centrals.

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 20 2014 :  8:57:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist

Ok, quite by coincidence, I found a reference to it this afternoon on Google. It was listed as a Walthers GK E60C unit. So Walthers bought it with the Athearn power chassis, I take it. Neat! Thanks for helping me ID it, and giving me some history. So I need to find the elbow pantograph for it, eh? Ok.

As far as where Manns Choice is, you hit Breezewood, PA, come off the Turnpike, and head west on Rt 30, past Bedford, and another 5-10? miles past Bedford, you bear off to the left on Rt. 31, and it's about 2 miles or less down at the Intersection of 96. Just a little white building, the proprietor lives next to it in a mobile home. His hours are "call me". LOL! Need more info? Here ya go! I thought I had a better picture, but I believe my camera batteries ran out when I took it, so it must not have processed it. Oh well.

quote:
Jerry:

Gentlemen! Good Grief! Now THAT my friend is an electric locomotive!! What you have found is none other than the famous, rather rare, and quite valuable American GK E60C-2!

The model came from American GK as a shell and detail parts to fit over an Athearn SD9 frame. Unfortunately, .... The model came with a modern half-pantograph, made of (of all things) white metal castings. Likewise, you are missing the insulators and bus bars. Mine;s missing those too. Yours, however, still has the triangular bits along the top of the carbody next to the pantograph! Mine are missing... could you pleeeze take measurements of them and tell me so I can make my own from styrene?

Finally, there the heck is Mann's Choice? Living in PA, I ought to go see what else is there if they produce such stuff as this.

Originally posted by PRR 4800 - May 19 2014 :  11:01:19 PM

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jbsmith966
Big Six

Scooter, with a 75mm Recoiless Rifle !

Posted - May 20 2014 :  10:11:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jbsmith966 to Buddylist
That has got to be one of the best posted business hours signs I have ever seen !

I WISH my jobs hours were That ,,,ummm,,,,Flexible
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 245  ~  Member Since: May 05 2010  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 20 2014 :  11:42:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
That has got to be one of the best posted business hours signs I have ever seen !

I WISH my jobs hours were That ,,,ummm,,,,Flexible

Originally posted by jbsmith966 - May 20 2014 :  10:11:34 PM

Who doesn't!

-Steve

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  11:45:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
John, Are you set up to receive PM's on this site? Wouldn't mind corresponding about the PVS. I'm in North Texas now, but used to live in Alpine, and had a good friend in Verhalen, south of Pecos. You seem to have similar freelancing ideas to me. Mine currently involves the Rio Grande Micolithic and Northern (south of Van Horn, but I've toyed with the PVS, Orient, and others. Chris
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 874  ~  Member Since: October 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: June 09 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 20 2014 :  11:49:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Very nice engines presented so far. This next one is an Athearn Burlington unit.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5982  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Adams
Big Boy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  11:54:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Adams to Buddylist
My Varney 2-8-0 with a brass tender (courtesy Catfordken) lettered for the KCM&O. It's pretty far off from being a real Orient loco. I'll probably use the tender on a closer prototype eventually.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 22 2014 :  01:58:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Pecos Valley Southern. Lived in the Town of Pecos City for a little over a year, population...3000? Minus 2,500 correctional inmates? That is one mighty fine locomotive ensemble you got there. Again, in model railroading, we can take it where we want to go. Loving it. In that world, the PVS really got some sand under the wheels!
JMcNeal
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11212  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 22 2014 :  02:01:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
Mine is an eBay find. I have been wanting one of these for a while. Found this one in pretty rough shape priced to sell. Some cleaning, lube, and new traction tires resulted in thus fine runner:

Originally posted by raysouthernpac - May 20 2014 :  11:35:52 AM

Nice overhaul. Mine I lettered for the National de Mexico (fictiously) and gave it a DCC chip. Enjoyed the heck out of it. Now it languishes on the shelf. I may have to give it a coat of black and slap on the "worms in love."

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 22 2014 :  09:32:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Pecos Valley Southern. Lived in the Town of Pecos City for a little over a year, population...3000? Minus 2,500 correctional inmates? That is one mighty fine locomotive ensemble you got there. Again, in model railroading, we can take it where we want to go. Loving it. In that world, the PVS really got some sand under the wheels!

Originally posted by Chops124 - May 22 2014 :  01:58:57 AM

I feel very similarly about those H0 Pecos City diesels. They are a work of model railroading art.

-Steve

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 22 2014 :  4:35:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:

I love that cg-1, Nickelplate. Looks really nice!Anyway, that engine may not run too good but man is it gorgeous.

Originally posted by kovacste000 - May 20 2014 :  12:34:37 PM

Thanks. Actually, it runs beautifully... quiet and smooth, and I didn't even have to strip out the original grease, which hasn't dried at all. These do cog a little at the lowest speeds due to the 3 pole motor, but they aren't bad.

P.S. Excellent custom paint jobs John and Jerry!

The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on May 22 2014 4:36:54 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 22 2014 :  6:07:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by kovacste000 - May 20 2014 :  12:34:37 PM

Thanks. Actually, it runs beautifully... quiet and smooth, and I didn't even have to strip out the original grease, which hasn't dried at all. These do cog a little at the lowest speeds due to the 3 pole motor, but they aren't bad.

P.S. Excellent custom paint jobs John and Jerry!

Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - May 22 2014 :  4:35:51 PM

No problem, Nickelplate.

-Steve

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - May 23 2014 :  9:03:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
My LOTW is this Anniversary edition 4-6-0 from Bachman running on my Covered Bridge Central garden railroad as our #12.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - May 24 2014 :  11:31:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
That 4-6-0 is pretty slick Steven. I'd like to see more photos of that. I don't believe I've noticed Bachmann's 4-6-0 before?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 25 2014 :  01:23:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
That 4-6-0 is pretty slick Steven. I'd like to see more photos of that. I don't believe I've noticed Bachmann's 4-6-0 before?
Originally posted by Barry - May 24 2014 :  11:31:42 PM

It's a G scale loco

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - May 25 2014 :  10:27:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
The Bachman 4-6-0 has come a long way over it's long production run. The Anniversary or (Annie) versions are a far cry from their first edition battery powered Big Hauler origins. I have examples of all the different versions and the Annies are great right out of the box.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW May 25 - May 31 Topic Next Topic: LOTW May 11 - May 17  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000