Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Pit
 My updated corkboard slot track AFX / Tomy
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: A question of slots... Topic Next Topic: Tyco Speedways White Guardrail.  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 25 2014 :  07:47:06 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I posted way back my original setup, which had a hairpin turn installed. While it fit, the hairpin was just way too much for most of my vehicles, only the Tyco US-1 trucking truck could actually get around the outside curve at all.

so, decided to drop back and punt, and redo the layout some. I finally found the last piece I needed last week, a 3" straight, to complete this new design. Got it screwed in last week, and the track firmly attached to the board, as I now had to lay it up on the wood frame edge, so I had to drill some mounting holes to hold the track down. Yesterday I set it up at work in the Inventory room, and ran some US-1 trucks around it. The cars were too fast , I need the guard rails if I'm going to run fast cars on this. Will find those in storage eventually, but will just use the trucks for now. But at least it's usable now.

Overall for a mini track, it didn't turn out too badly. I should be able to entertain my cats with this as well, using the US-1 Tyco trucks. :D

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - February 25 2014 :  9:49:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
Keep in mind running the US 1 trucks on a race track will cause early failure of the worm drive gear assemblies. The only replacements I could find are other old chassis. They were designed to run on 6vdc and not sudden acceleration or deceleration. I'd buy chassis from Mattel at $4 ea and replace their toxic tires. The truck bodies will fit on a wide pan chassis.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - February 25 2014 :  9:50:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
Otherwise like the track. Pretty cool.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 25 2014 :  10:40:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice, Jerry! The hairpin curve is soo cool!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 25 2014 :  11:35:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*zooms a car on the track & it goes off the track into Jerry's shirt pocket!*
I really did see that happen on AFV
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 17 2018 :  12:19:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

And Chops says, "Thank Heaven for 7/11! At least it goes slow enough that
even I can catch it!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: A question of slots... Topic Next Topic: Tyco Speedways White Guardrail.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000