Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 Favorite Tyco Steamer?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Ahm VS Tyco MDT Topic Next Topic: What HO track do you use?  

richard p
Little Six

Posted - January 17 2014 :  1:40:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add richard p to Buddylist
Poll Question:
What is you favorite Tyco red box, or before Steamer? Sorry, only one choice.

Choices:

Booster
Shifter
Little Six
Big Six
Prairie
Pacific
Mikado
General

(Anonymous Vote)

rich p
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 190  ~  Member Since: December 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 02 2023 Alert Moderator 

richard p
Little Six

Posted - January 17 2014 :  1:42:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add richard p to Buddylist
I love the look of the Pacific, but the Shifter was my first engine ever, so there is much sentiment attached to it. So, Shifter it is.
rich p
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 190  ~  Member Since: December 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 02 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

String boB
Switcher

Posted - January 19 2014 :  7:15:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add String boB to Buddylist
quote:
I love the look of the Pacific, but the Shifter was my first engine ever, so there is much sentiment attached to it. So, Shifter it is.

Originally posted by richard p - January 17 2014 :  1:42:15 PM

Ditto, here, but I have to admit, I like 'em all

String Bob
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 85  ~  Member Since: December 13 2013  ~  Last Visit: February 27 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 20 2014 :  10:06:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
My favorite Tyco steamer has to be the Pacific. They are on my "most wanted list" for model trains at train shows.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - February 20 2014 :  8:02:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
The pacific, but only cause my friend has one and it's given him so much grief cause it's missing the pilot and cowcatcher I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be a separate part, so he'll have a hell of a time tracking down a spare cast frame for it.
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 20 2014 :  8:44:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Pacific Cause I want one in Chessie System
General Cause I has one in red & blue with V&T markings
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 21 2014 :  08:16:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
The pacific, but only cause my friend has one and it's given him so much grief cause it's missing the pilot and cowcatcher I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be a separate part, so he'll have a hell of a time tracking down a spare cast frame for it.

Originally posted by PRR 4800 - February 20 2014 :  8:02:44 PM

The Mantua/Tyco Pacific pilot is a separate part. It mounts to the frame with a screw just ahead of the cylinder saddle. The part includes the pilot, pilot beam, steps, and air compressor covers.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2352  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Ahm VS Tyco MDT Topic Next Topic: What HO track do you use?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000