Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Train show and flea market and other finds.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tour the Mantua factory in 1948 Topic Next Topic: crazy but cool video
Page: of 21

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 24 2019 :  09:34:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
FIVE Dutch Maids?? (I think I got six)! Will make
a great conist behind that UP F unit. I don't
collect German model trains, but that Trix
looks like something out of the 1970's, and
is mega cool.

Originally posted by Chops124 - September 08 2019 :  8:51:04 PM

Hey Chops I ran this train a couple days ago to see how these large hoppers would run.
frank

MVI 6737 DL&W TM 24 66 and 15 car train
https://youtu.be/H7X9LdVpJlM

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 25 2019 :  1:59:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Another YOUtube Video of two freight trains running at the same time. One is powered by a Athearn DL&W trainmaster, the other by a Rivarossi U-25b.
frank

https://youtu.be/L0Idf_0K2Pc

MVI_6778 10-24-19.MP4

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 25 2019 :  5:16:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Excellent videos and new layout, toptrain!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 25 2019 :  7:20:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I hasn't found anything lately

but if someone wants to give me $500 there's a show in CO on Nov 30th
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 26 2019 :  02:16:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Looks like Western PA, nice work!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 26 2019 :  7:34:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice video Frank.

To raise money for that show in November Ben you can:

Enter a dance competition with money rewards.
Give blood where they pay you.
Date a rich older woman who is looking for love.
Buy a lottery ticket and hope.
Look in dumpsters and hope someone threw away cash by accident.

Just trying to help.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 02 2019 :  6:16:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Today at Carlstadt NJ New York Society of model Engineers train show.

1 and two Aristo-Craft 2-4-2 Columbia ans a 4-6-0 B&O Royal Blue. Both need parts. The columbia need tender trucks, and the Royal Blue Main Rods. Both are boxed. one box needs some repair.
3 Two set of RDC by Triang ATT, one each power and dummy. C&O road name.
4 Building, A Tyco factory machine shop.
5 Building, two barns. One has Mail Pouch lettering.
6 A two track tunnel portal.
7 Book New "Susquehanna and Western" by Walter Arnot Lucas. about 200 pages.
8 Best find. a model of one of the first style of trolley cars. It is a powered trolley. Very small.
9 Rivarossi clear vision tender use on 2 different 2-8-0 locos.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 13 2019 07:29:55 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 02 2019 :  7:34:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Beautiful finds, Top Train! Love how the rail road is coming
together. Mail Pouch is such a classic.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 02 2019 :  9:01:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great finds, TopTrain! Congrats!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 02 2019 :  10:40:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Jeff and Bob thank you very much and I just remembered another two things for my list. I am having a problem with the points on the Y switch that is a part of my train reversing reversing switching. I am derailing once in awhile on the points of the Y switch and I picked up a much newer one at the show. I also totally forgot about a Rivarossi E7 I also bought for its Erie paint scheme. It matches the two Erie HObbyline train set I have. I still don't know where I put it. I'll find it tomorrow and get a photo made. I hope i find it without opening every box I have.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 09 2019 :  4:54:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Two-- finds at Allentown and EBAY received today.

Aristo-Craft Railroad station two
Ken Kidder 2-6-0 saddle tanker, brass
Marx NYC GP7 #5772 single drive.
Gilbert PRR caboose
HL GN kit box car.
True Scale work car.
Old tank car Texaco TCX 7197. ? Globe
Rivarossi 2-8-0 in parts. Tender frame broken

From EBAY received today also …
Penn line K_4 Pacific built-up in its kit box
HL Gondola ACL 93271 blue
HL Gondola ACL 93271 blue
HL Gondola DSS&A 4090 brown
HL L&N flat car 24754 red
HL Gondola HObbyline 1297 no trucks or couplers yellow
HL BOX Car Southern 24292 brown needs trucks.
HL caboose PRR 476993 need trucks has one coupler

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on November 13 2019 07:38:52 AM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 09 2019 :  7:32:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Awesome vintage finds, Toptrain!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 10 2019 :  12:11:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Whoa, Nelly! Great vintage pieces. I'd really like to see a video
of that Marx GP7. As The Busss would note, that model
probably was made before the flag fell.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 13 2019 :  07:49:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Jeff Bob thanks again for your nice words. I got that e-bay group just for the HObbyline cars. The penn-Line pacific is open for offers. as it makes the third I have. It went in a box and on a shelf. Right now I don't even know if it runs. I guess i should look today and check it out. Anyone PM me if interested.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 13 2019 :  1:53:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Whoa, Nelly! Great vintage pieces. I'd really like to see a video
of that Marx GP7. As The Busss would note, that model
probably was made before the flag fell.

Originally posted by Chops124 - November 10 2019 :  12:11:22 AM

Well Jeff here is the Marx GP7 running with a all marx freight train. Also seen is a Gilbert industrial switcher pulling a small passenger train.

https://youtu.be/FenYtZMKjYE

https://youtu.be/KoVkra_O7lI

toptrain

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 13 2019 :  4:24:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great videos and trains, Frank!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 13 2019 :  7:34:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I would never see vintage HO operating, but for these videos.
Really nice! That Navy Yard switcher has her work cut out for her!

Having traveled Western PA only a little, I am not overly familiar
with the area, but for the excellent photography of WKS. The
more I look at this fine layout, the more I see Jim Thorpe, PA.

Edited by - Chops124 on November 14 2019 10:08:22 AM

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - November 14 2019 :  10:15:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
My Allentown finds. There wasn't a lot of quality HO there. A lot of overpriced trains!!!

My finds:
Tyco UP Plymouth Switcher- $6
Tyco Industrial Switcher- BN- $5 This is an early one with the metal chassis.
Athearn Pennsy SW7- $12- I bought this for the chassis to use on my M&E SW7.
Athearn UP SW1500- $15- Actually, I bought this by mistake thinking it was a SW7.
This is what happens when one gets older....

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 15 2019 :  3:36:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great finds! Congrats!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 18 2019 :  01:03:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice items purchased by our members.

I visited a train club in Medford New York that had an open house showing their two layouts to guests.
They also had some HO cars and engines and buildings for sale.
I bought a Tyco mail car for $10.
Also a Mantua light car for $10.
And an AHM barn also for $10.

One of their layouts is in HO scale.
The other is in N scale.

www.limrre.com

I will post more photos tomorrow.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 18 2019 :  01:50:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Looks like Blossom approves!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 24 2019 :  11:30:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Took a drive up New Mexico back roads to Albuquerque
to the Model Train Show. It was well attended, people were
crowding the entrance and the admission was $5!

Interesting demographic: most of the attendees were
my age, 50 +, and pockets of 7 and under, very, very
scant in the 9 to 30 range.

Lot of old school stuff from dealers who buy train collectors.
Had to talk myself out of picking up a DeWitt Clinton NOS
set for $50 and various Tyco New England pieces: B&M
box car, State of Maine, and a unknown manufacturer of
a Maine Central.

That being said, picked up an undecorated GP 40 for $15 to
replace the aging motor in my Auto Train, a nice NOS
SD45 to properly haul my Southern Pacific Piggy Back Express-
those Tyco flats are not supreme rollers and currently I have
to shorten the consist to allow it to go, this should power
the whole consist, $20. Got some stick on cobble stone to
finish up my British streets, finally, and some line side fencing
for the British layout. This is cool, as British trains didn't have
head lights as all the right of way was fenced in to keep
live stock off. Lastly, some neat Victorian fencing that always
gussies up any scene.

First time I've been able to get to a train show in many years,
I really enjoyed myself, the company, and dinner at Waffle House.
Kind of wish I bagged that Maine Central piece for $3!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 24 2019 :  4:11:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Took a drive up New Mexico back roads to Albuquerque
to the Model Train Show. It was well attended, people were
crowding the entrance and the admission was $5!

Interesting demographic: most of the attendees were
my age, 50 +, and pockets of 7 and under, very, very
scant in the 9 to 30 range.

Lot of old school stuff from dealers who buy train collectors.
Had to talk myself out of picking up a DeWitt Clinton NOS
set for $50 and various Tyco New England pieces: B&M
box car, State of Maine, and a unknown manufacturer of
a Maine Central.

That being said, picked up an undecorated GP 40 for $15 to
replace the aging motor in my Auto Train, a nice NOS
SD45 to properly haul my Southern Pacific Piggy Back Express-
those Tyco flats are not supreme rollers and currently I have
to shorten the consist to allow it to go, this should power
the whole consist, $20. Got some stick on cobble stone to
finish up my British streets, finally, and some line side fencing
for the British layout. This is cool, as British trains didn't have
head lights as all the right of way was fenced in to keep
live stock off. Lastly, some neat Victorian fencing that always
gussies up any scene.

First time I've been able to get to a train show in many years,
I really enjoyed myself, the company, and dinner at Waffle House.
Kind of wish I bagged that Maine Central piece for $3!

Originally posted by Chops124 - November 24 2019 :  11:30:12 AM

no 7up buildings?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 24 2019 :  6:44:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hey Buss! thanks for the info on the fencing. I didn't know Atlas sold hairpin fences. On the CNJ east and west tracks were separated using that style fences. Now I got to find some.
frank

toptrain

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 24 2019 :  10:53:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Congrats Chops! Nice finds!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 25 2019 :  05:57:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I already spoke about the nov 2 Carlstadt NJ trains show finds I show a old late 1950's Rivarossi 2-8-0 in a box all apart with a broken tender frame. I think it is a Lionel version. It has the slanted coal bunker. On Nov 9 at Allentown I got a tender from a Indiana Harbor Belt 2-8-0 by Rivarossi that looks the same. If I can not find out where the heck I put it maybe I can get another World War 1 Baldwin 2-8-0 running. That would be nice. It would also make 3 Running.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 12 2020 07:01:13 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 07 2019 :  7:27:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A little something I have coming from EBay. A Hobbyline Western Pacific twin FA-1's with a few cars. All ready to run cars. Union Pacific flat car with wood load, A General American box car, A ACL blue gondola, and a Hobbyline caboose. I'll get pictures when I receive them. Now to find the WP Zephyr passenger cars.
frank

here is a ebey photo.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 07 2019 7:31:13 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 08 2019 :  1:47:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice vintage collection, love those brass wheels! I can just
imagine how these critters were regarded when they
were new in the world: "how'd they get something so
tiny to work?"

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 08 2019 :  4:14:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
IF I was able to go to train show with $500 or so
I'd of never made it down there
A blizzard happened on Nov 30th

good finds, guys & am jelly a little hehe

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 08 2019 :  11:53:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I have long admired Frank's, aka TopTrain's, collection for a long time. For one thing, it
is almost never seen postings of early HO, which is to say, late '40's
and early 1950's. Even more rare to see is these old gems in full motion, as on Frank's
great videos.

A lot of my local El Paso model rail heads really like their $100 HO cars, with rotating
roller bearings, and even magnetic air hoses that couple and uncouple magnetically,
and that's great; I particularly enjoy looking at their stuff lying on their sides exposing
the finely detailed air piping found underneath while my Tyco goes bombing past them,
lap after lap. Naturally, we tend to forget how cutting edge HO was back in the day-
it really was novelty status.

So it was to my great surprise and delight when the stork dropped off this passel of
vintage tankers on my door stop, fresh from Frank. Five of these have the original
loop and hook couplers, which makes them pre horn hook, so about late 1940's
to early '50's.

My plan is to refurbish this old Varney dockside, with loop couplers, and use that
and an appropriate vintage caboose to run these oldsters as a set- particular at
shows, so folks can appreciate the old beauty of these critters.

The horn hooked tankers, which also seem quite vintage, will have their work cut
out for them delivering petroleum and chemicals to Armadilloville.

Thanks, Frank!!!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2019 :  08:28:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Well yesterday some trains came from a online auction. I have been looking for the HObbyline Western Pacific FA-1 twin set for collection. It appears to be SET 266 "The Frontiersman" missing 2 cars the tank and the hopper cars. The drive unit is missing not just it motor but 5 of the 6 addon frame pieces the 4 ladders and 1 fuel tank. The body of the drive unit has a broken pilot section and is ruffed up pretty good. all other cars are close to perfect.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 12 2019 08:55:47 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 12 2019 :  10:42:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Sweet pickin's!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 12 2019 :  11:36:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice items. Your layout is coming along nicely Frank.
Did not realize that Bergen Point has mountains.
Have to visit the area more often.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 12 2019 :  4:33:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice set, and preservation Frank!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 12 2019 :  4:48:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
So this year for my 18th birthday, I told my parents I didn't want any gifts, except a trip/shopping spree at the Nicholas Smith Train Store (that I didn't have to pay for.) Needless to say, they agreed, and I came home today with these stupendous finds....

Notable finds include:

Athearn B&O DD40 (with all handrails)
Athearn PRR GP9 (with all handrails)
TYCO "Brown Box Era" Santa Fe 4-6-0
TYCO Durango floodlight car
Bachmann Seaboard Coast Line SD40-2

Edited by - RP model railroads on December 12 2019 4:49:48 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 15 2019 :  1:42:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
*Montvale NJ train show at St. Joe's High School.
I found one needed HObbyline car.
1- The Monsanto Chemical car. It was filthy but cleaned up nicely.
2- A Strombeck Rock Island Rocket. All built up with its wooden wheels.
3- Mantua 1860 PRR Combine.
4- Mantua 1860 PRR Coach
5- Littletown o scale. Southern colonial house. Need to change the doors to HO ones.
6- some track supplies and Old HO metal painted people.

The "Southern Colonial" is not "Plasticville" but the older "LITTLETOWN"

Check here to see the Rocket.

https://youtu.be/892Uyvt6KTc

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 19 2019 10:21:09 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 15 2019 :  2:35:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Check here to see the Rocket.

https://youtu.be/892Uyvt6KTc

Originally posted by toptrain - December 15 2019 :  1:42:43 PM

Invalid signature 404

Edited by - toptrain on December 19 2019 10:15:16 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 15 2019 :  8:27:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I just acquired through a auction tho it hasn't been delivered yet a HObbyline set 466 the " Frontiersman's " boxed with 3 other athearn cars. here is a auction picture I will replace once I receive it. A twin FA-1 in Western Pacific, both powered and dummy look great and so do all cars with exception with a broken missing truck on a Union 76 tank car. Other cars are General American box car, Penn flat car, Union 76 tank car, DSS&A gondola, Western Maryland hopper and Hobbyline caboose.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 19 2019 09:50:41 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 15 2019 :  11:48:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Impressive set, wonder where it sat all those decades
until it turned up? I notice the locomotives are WP, but
the caboose is ATSF.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 16 2019 :  09:47:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hey Chops. The Santa-Fe caboose the C&NW box and the ATSF flat are extra car that somehow got put into this set box and sold with it. The caboose for this set is between the green box car and pennsy flat with wood load. It is one of the one's lettered for HObbyline. Outside of removing the trucks and couplers and tossing what left in a parts box. Two weeks ago I got the other WP FA-1 pair that I have. The one that was powered is in bad shape with drive and detail parts missing. THe dummy FA-1 is perfect so it will get all the drive parts that are left on the damaged one and what I can find in my parts for HObbyline. I think I can get it running, and run two powered FA-1 with longer trains.
frank

New Mystery.
I have seen in HObbyline information a 4 car streamline set of the PRR. There is no date on this information. The name and number of the cars is shown only here. Also I have no info on a 4 cars set, or that car, like this being released.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 16 2019 09:56:59 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 16 2019 :  11:55:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yes, I see it more clearly now. Curious trademark of
HObbyline to have a caboose in their name. Good luck
seeking out Pennsy streamliner set, that sounds interesting.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 19 2019 :  09:54:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well the E auction train set has arrived. I now have in my collection two very nice Hobbyline FA-1's. The Twin set with 1 powered and 1 dummy.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 19 2019 :  10:25:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here are the cars that came with the set.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 19 2019 :  10:33:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This is the set box. I'll be working on it.
frank

toptrain

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - December 19 2019 :  10:43:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
Here are the cars that came with the set.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - December 19 2019 :  10:25:38 AM

That's a really neat set. I like how the caboose is marked "N5" and "Eastern Region". It's a great find.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 20 2019 :  06:38:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I agree, RW. Top Train’s collection is most unique,
and is a great study of vintage HO of which I knew
little The videos of these pieces is the cherry on top.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 23 2019 :  09:01:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Yes, I see it more clearly now. Curious trademark of
HObbyline to have a caboose in their name. Good luck
seeking out Pennsy streamliner set, that sounds interesting.

Originally posted by Chops124 - December 16 2019 :  11:55:14 AM

Chops they didn't just make cabooses with the HObbyline road name but other cars.

The Gondola

The Box car

Because they did these two they may have done others, Here is their diesel. A Fairbanks Morse FM H12-44.

All use the Hobbyline roadname.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 11 2020 04:39:55 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 23 2019 :  2:14:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Whoaaa, that's really interesting they would do that.
Moreover, that switcher looks identical to the
Fleischmann, is it?

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 13 2020 :  5:40:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice photos of those items bought recently.
I bought some items yesterday in Freeport.
Train show at the Freeport Recreation Center.

Another Maxwell House box car added to the collection.

Tank car that is a little too long for my tastes.
Probably will give these away soon.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 14 2020 :  10:13:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
If you would like to give away any Tyco triple-dome tankers, I'll gladly take them, WKS.

Page: of 21 Previous Topic: Tour the Mantua factory in 1948 Topic Next Topic: crazy but cool video  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000