Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Scenery & Structures
 When full service was Full Service
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Scratchbuilding a sandhouse Topic Next Topic: Sand House Rebuild . . .  

yellowiron
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 15 2013 :  2:00:53 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add yellowiron to Buddylist
[URL=http://s643.photobucket.com/user/tillerman55/media/railroad071.jpg.html] [/URL]
I don't always model,but when I do it's in HO,
Stay enthused my friend's...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 71  ~  Member Since: October 07 2013  ~  Last Visit: September 26 2015 Alert Moderator 

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 15 2013 :  2:43:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Mike,
I like the way you made the parking lot and the road one. no "separation in them..... that makes it look more prototypical, but how did you do it?

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yellowiron
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 15 2013 :  4:11:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add yellowiron to Buddylist
quote:
Mike,
I like the way you made the parking lot and the road one. no "separation in them..... that makes it look more prototypical, but how did you do it?

Originally posted by EM-1 - October 15 2013 :  2:43:27 PM

Very simple....
I bought some 12 x 12 place and press floor tiles ahwile back and use them,just cut the dimension that you want,paint it,and wala sidewalk...
Hope this helps..
Mike

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 71  ~  Member Since: October 07 2013  ~  Last Visit: September 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 15 2013 :  11:20:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
That's a clever use for the tiles. I had an old roommate redo the apartment's bathroom floor with those peel and stick tiles...we're almost positive she used nothing but a screwdriver to install them. What you've done with them looks excellent. I especially like the tree on that one island, it adds a nice contrast to all the asphalt and brick in the scene.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thetramp
Big Six

tramp

Posted - October 16 2013 :  07:27:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thetramp to Buddylist
Mike, that looks great. Did you use regular black spray paint on the tiles?
Edited by - thetramp on October 16 2013 07:43:25 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 338  ~  Member Since: February 08 2013  ~  Last Visit: January 27 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yellowiron
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 16 2013 :  10:50:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add yellowiron to Buddylist
quote:
Mike, that looks great. Did you use regular black spray paint on the tiles?

Originally posted by thetramp - October 16 2013 :  07:27:10 AM

Yes Sir your run of the mill wally world 97cent can of flat black spray paint..
Hope this helps
Mike

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 71  ~  Member Since: October 07 2013  ~  Last Visit: September 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 16 2013 :  12:19:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
I dig the "woodie" waitin' to get in the garage. I worked at a Standard Service in high school . . . "fill er up final filtered?".
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 16 2013 :  12:29:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
real cool idea too I'll remember that
Going to put on some stripes on the roads?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yellowiron
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 16 2013 :  1:20:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add yellowiron to Buddylist
quote:
real cool idea too I'll remember that
Going to put on some stripes on the roads?

Originally posted by microbusss - October 16 2013 :  12:29:11 PM

Eventually, the road marking's will be added as well as the cross walks.

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 16 2013 :  2:14:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
12 inch by 12 inch tile? This "area" looks bigger then one foot by one foot, how many did you use all together? These the tiles that are VCT tiles, that you need to add the glue to them to stick, OR as mentioned peel n stick?

GUYS, word of caution, DO NOT think those peel n stick tiles will "stay" just by the factory adhesive! I have done flooring for the past 5 years, specially if you don't have something surrounding the edges enough to hold them in place.

~John

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yellowiron
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 16 2013 :  2:30:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add yellowiron to Buddylist
The area in question is not 12 x 12 ,it was just random pieces of tiles that were cut and fit in to place,as far as the adhesion part,I have not have had any problem's with it,then again I guess it all depends on what type of tile you purchase,mine were leftovers from the remodel job I did in our mud room,to date it's been 4 years since the mud room was done and all the tiles are still in place.
Mike

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 16 2013 :  3:09:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Mike,
Very nice! The gluing sounds as tho a higher end type of tile. I'm just wondering, what type tile? VCT, vinyl type, or composite type, or both, and or possible a grout type tile? I ask on grouting type as you mentioned "mud room"....Interesting to say the least tho...

Gluing the buildings to the tiles is an interesting thought too which this would be GREAT for my posting called "Crazy as a outhouse RAT?" as this falls right into that! Modeling done, from not so modeling materials.....

~John

yellowiron
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 16 2013 :  3:15:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add yellowiron to Buddylist
quote:
Mike,
Very nice! The gluing sounds as tho a higher end type of tile. I'm just wondering, what type tile? VCT, vinyl type, or composite type, or both, and or possible a grout type tile? I ask on grouting type as you mentioned "mud room"....Interesting to say the least tho...

Gluing the buildings to the tiles is an interesting thought too which this would be GREAT for my posting called "Crazy as a outhouse RAT?" as this falls right into that! Modeling done, from not so modeling materials.....

Originally posted by EM-1 - October 16 2013 :  3:09:22 PM

John:
It was just your run of the mill Armstrong floor tile,.98 per tile..
Mike

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 16 2013 :  3:59:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Mike VCT tile, that's cool! That means the glue almost any of them, for plastics would work! (I think) NICE none-the-less!
~John

m1898
Switcher

mcrr

Posted - April 15 2016 :  06:11:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add m1898 to Buddylist
I have that service station model. It is a nice model. I grew up in Niles, Michigan and we had a Texaco station just like this one. I worked, for a time, for a full-service Marathon station. Jim
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 22  ~  Member Since: April 04 2016  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Scratchbuilding a sandhouse Topic Next Topic: Sand House Rebuild . . .  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000