Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Pit
 Aurora Track
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Track Lot Topic Next Topic: power pk  

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - August 24 2013 :  6:12:09 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I'm not a slot car guy so I don't know what track is worth, but I saw some at an antique mall today at what might be a good price and thought I would let everybody know. If the price is right let me know and I'll pick it up for whomever wants it.

Four (4) unopened blister packs, each containing a pair of 90 degree curves, $7 plus 7% sales tax for the whole lot, and don't forget about shipping costs!

I can't tell you much more about it than that. If that's a good price post here or PM me. If that's not good, leave a post here to that effect.

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 24 2013 :  7:44:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
The old Aurora track, with holes and C-clips, are not really sought after much for operation, but more by collectors. They're not compatible with any other track, nor are there adapters made for them, so unless you really want an authentic Aurora raceway, they're not all that valuable to most people. Although I've seen some aurora lots sell recently on Ebay for a bit of change, more due to the specialty tracks that were in the group, than the curves or straights. Anyway, thanks for posting, but I use modern Tomy/AFX track, simple and effective for the most part, with the design minimizing track clip breakage.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - August 24 2013 :  8:36:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Like I said, I'm not familiar with slot car track so I don't know if it had holes and C-clips. However, your post reminded me that the Tomy brand was also on the packaging, if that makes any difference.
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 25 2013 :  01:15:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
The old Aroura track sells very well on Ebay. Tyco did make adapters to connect with the Model Motoring track. It's a 9 inch wiggle type track, made up of two 4.5 inch track that separate in the middle with metal side clips and the press in middle C clip...
However, The old Tyco track is much less desirable than the Aroura, due to the common connecting tabs breaking off.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - August 25 2013 :  02:23:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
The 1960's Aurora track with the pins and plastic connectors were rock solid, and the variety of sections available was amazing. I much preferred it to the quick connect track that came out in the 70's, tho I had adapter sections to use them together.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 25 2013 :  5:28:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Well NP759, I always thought that the Old Aroura Model Motoring was a much prefered track over all of the rest of them. The Ebay sales are high and the track is still plentiful... plus it was the most solid track connection ever...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 25 2013 :  6:50:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Well NP759, I always thought that the Old Aroura Model Motoring was a much prefered track over all of the rest of them. . plus it was the most solid track connection ever...

Originally posted by walt - August 25 2013 :  5:28:55 PM

I think there's two groups, the serious slot car guys, and then the Moms n' kids market. The M & K would not want the hassle and danger of small (swallowable) parts, would prefer a quick set-up and tear-down design, etc. So, Walt,you're probably right, it's preferred by the serious slotters, but the qwik-konect genre would prefer the newer types with ease of set-up and tear-down for kids to play with. And on variety, I believe you are probably correct, they made so many different Aurora track accessories, that those WOULD be preferable to serious slot car guys. For me, I also set up and tear down, so the hassles of using pin-and-clip type track like the older Aurora wouldn't work as well for me right now. For a permanent slot layout track, I would most definitely be interested in the Aurora track, of which I already have a substantial amount in my inventory anyway I just don't use it due to the time required for set-up and tear-down, even I want it quick with my lack of available space. So I suppose it all depends on your usage, if you are not setting up a permanent track, then the flexibility of the quick-connect type is superior to the older type, but for a permanent track, you probably couldn't ask for a better or more solid track than Aurora.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - August 26 2013 :  02:27:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
AMC, your last comment makes sense. I am actually just guessing with only an ounce of knowledge on the subject. Several years ago I bought a box full of Model Motoring track. Since I use the least popular track known, the old style Tyco, I sold the MM on ebay and was surprised at the bids & prices. I've watched some MM over time on ebay and know sales are good on it, and there still seems to be a lot of it around.

But as you said it is really nice to have a quick connect track that can be set up or taken down quickly. I wasn't trying to argue anyone was right or wrong...

Can anyone correct me or confirm, have I heard that the Aroura MM track is a bit narrower than the others?

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - August 28 2013 :  11:37:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
For a permanent layout Aurora lock and joiner is a great track. The curve selection and the fact that Faller can be modified to attach to it makes it really cool. I think the the lane spacing is a bit tight using the larger Tyco or AW cars, but it works. If done right is very smooth and has in my opinion the least amount of voltage drop on longer runs compared to other brands. I'm making a 4 lane permanent track that is going to be attached to a hollow core door using gutter guard for a crash rail. Been buying supplies just need the time now.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Track Lot Topic Next Topic: power pk  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000