Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Poll Position
 AFX Tomy 2 x 3 mini track finished
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Thrift Store Find #3 Topic Next Topic: My Summer Project: The Plan  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 27 2013 :  10:45:19 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Well, I finally finished my track, and I recieved on Thursday my two controllers from an Ebay purchase, so it's now time for some ACTION. I uploaded a video of it, so lets see how it plays here. Starring a Tyco Pro AMC Gremlin shamrock slotcat, it did pretty well.

Jerry

Lights, camera, action!

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 27 2013 :  5:23:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Looks good! I'm pretty jealous of that hairpin turn...nothing more fun than a section of road that's only big enough for one car at a time Nice car too...very fitting

As for that dead spot, a trick I've learned for cleaning slotcar track is to wipe the road down first with WD40, then with Windex or rubbing alcohol. Just spray each liquid onto a cloth and use the dampened cloths on the road surface. My track had a dead spot too which the WD40 did wonders on (stubborn spots may require a bit of rubbing).

cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 27 2013 :  10:54:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
THATS AWESOME! Nice! Cheez, can ya see that hairpin turn twice? one coming into another one?

I can see race cars in John's future!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 28 2013 :  10:36:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
THATS AWESOME! Nice! Cheez, can ya see that hairpin turn twice? one coming into another one?

Originally posted by EM-1 - July 27 2013 :  10:54:05 PM

Actually, one of my goals was to build an HO train module for my club's shows, and I'd have a mountain on the back side, and it would have two hairpin turn switchbacks. Well, at least two, I don't think I wanted it to go higher. Anyway, I DO have a 2nd hairpin, but I haven't tried to build that module (set?) yet. I need to explore the dynamics and mechanics of it first, see whether it would fit in 4', or whether I'd need 8' to really do it right. I could live with 2 modules. My problem right now is ROOM, I have no extra, so I will have to build a dummy mock-up and see about laying the track out on my hot tub ( 10' x 10' ) and see what it looks like. It's doable, and would be a fun "action" scene rather than just have still vehicles on the layout. Most HO modular layouts have no animation, which is rather boring, the Lionel and American Flyer guys have way more animation available than HO ( about all HO has to offer is amusement parks ). Another of my fanciful ideas which I have not been able to bring to life yet. Been busy Friday and all weekend so far cleaning out the basement and dining room, I'm a pack-rat, and the wife is threatening to leave if I don't do something about them. So, the dining room MAY be emptied finally after 8? years today, if I get the stuff packed up and down into the more organized and slightly emptier basement. Trying to downsize and get rid of unnecessary items. Loooooooooooooooong way to go yet!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Thrift Store Find #3 Topic Next Topic: My Summer Project: The Plan  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000