Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 John English, HObbyline HO Trains.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hornby OO trains  also all other British trains Topic Next Topic: Penn Line
Page: of 6

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 06 2015 :  09:05:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here are some boxed HO HObbyline car kits.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PGE33
Hudson

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - March 07 2015 :  2:29:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PGE33 to Buddylist
I picked up an English Pacific yesterday at the Railhead, with the task of possibly installing valve gear.
My questions to anyone having looked into this:

Have you tried to fit Bowser gear?
Were you able to adapt these to fit?
If not, any other brand available? (Other than the obvious Central Valley gear)

Valve gear kinda gives me the willies, as one mistake and....!

Thanks
Evan
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 505  ~  Member Since: August 09 2014  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 08 2015 :  07:26:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
I picked up an English Pacific yesterday at the Railhead, with the task of possibly installing valve gear.
My questions to anyone having looked into this:

Have you tried to fit Bowser gear?
Were you able to adapt these to fit?
If not, any other brand available? (Other than the obvious Central Valley gear)

Valve gear kinda gives me the willies, as one mistake and....!

Thanks
Evan

Originally posted by PGE33 - March 07 2015 :  2:29:04 PM

Good luck with your valve gear Evan. Back in Nov 2013 I posted photos here on my two JE pacifics. Only one has valve gear. Maybe it will help.
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 16 2015 :  3:44:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My HObbyline Caboose I got yesterday at the Clark Train show.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 29 2015 :  08:30:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Lionel obtain the bulk of the John English (Hobbyline) tooling. Penn Line purchased the streamline and standard passengner car dies, as well as the consolidation steam locomotive tooling.

Originally posted by waw47 - November 17 2013 :  11:47:35 AM

Penn Line took the 2-8-0 body casting and made a 4-4-2, and 4-6-0 drive for it. To bad it didn't do a F class 2-6-0 on C class 0-8-0. Many molders have done the C class. it is a simple kitbash.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 18 2015 :  10:53:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The Great Northern Boxcar I got today. It is the ready to run version released in 1956 Just like the TP&W boxcar with the railroad herald being a decal. Everything else screen printed. In 1957 a GN boxcar kit comes out but that one is colored red and use's a different lettering arrangement.
frank

Here is the 1957 Great Northern box car. edit 9-17-21

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 13 2023 06:22:14 AM

Brassman
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - May 07 2015 :  01:38:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brassman to Buddylist
I'm building some Hobbyline diesels from parts, so if anyone has parts let me know. Conversely, if anyone is also building and need parts, let me know, as I have a surplus of some parts, like sideframes.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11  ~  Member Since: March 29 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 04 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 19 2016 :  7:32:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* At the Wayne train show 8 days ago I acquired a HObbyline train passenger Pennsylvania Railroad set of 4 streamline cars. I head ended them with the HObbyline FA1 locomotives I have. So you are back in 1955 and seeing this HO train set for the first time. This set "The Trail Blazer" came powered by Alco FA1 twin locos in brunswick Green. A different set using the same 4 streamlined cars but using a Tuscan Red FA-1 twin set was named "The Metropolitan" set #450.

frank

Here is a link to my flickr album they are in. I hope you enjoy this set.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30431536@N03/albums/72157676423294411

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 31 2019 6:31:08 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 22 2019 :  3:45:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is my Union Pacific Passenger set. I am pulling it with a HObbyline FM H-10-44 road switcher. They made a Union Pacific one also in yellow. That and the C&O are ones I still don't have.
The three passenger cars to this set are the cars that come with a Union Pacific FM H12-44 switcher. The set name was "The Suburbanite" set #415. I dont have the diesel so I run it with a road name HObbyline FM H12-44 as seen here.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 31 2019 6:29:29 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 22 2019 :  4:36:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Lovely classic pieces. Always interesting to see stuff from the early years of
HO.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 24 2019 :  10:22:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Impressive stuff!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 08 2019 :  1:14:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well here in the HObbyline thread I put my new to me "Lake City Express" set #451 in Erie green and gray 4 car set.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 17 2021 6:34:25 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 08 2019 :  7:40:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
My HObbyline Caboose I got yesterday at the Clark Train show.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - March 16 2015 :  3:44:45 PM

oh I LOVE these promo cars!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 09 2019 :  08:56:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Yooo Buss! a great choice in cars. This kind of large but older fashion caboose was their main stay when it came to cabooses. On all there HObbyline set from 1953 to 1955 this caboose was on the tail end of every freight set they made. After this date they had a Pennys and UP version. Their caboose kit kept getting it's decal sheet updated going from PRR and UP with the addition on WP, SP, and I think a couple of others. As a promotion car it seemed it didn't work to well. By the end of 1957 the company was gone. What a legacy they left. The most obvious being Lionel's first HO made in USA most of which came from the English dies, their freight cars, their steam locomotives, and their FA1 diesel. Gordon Varney wound up with both the Streamline and Heavy weight (clerestory roof) passenger cars. They added to the line of cars in each with observation, Pullman, Dinner and full baggage. Then Life Like used them right into their proto 2000 era and I guess Walters have them now. Penn Line also used these cars. Little known was Mr. J. A. English had completed a PRR consolidation and was ready to release it. This complete tooling went to Bowser and became the basis for his line of metal PRR steam locos. Whatever happened to the English die cast FA-1, FB-1 tooling? Well it went to Lindsay who sold their own kits, and bodies and frames to Hobby town of Boston who further prolonged the life of this model. Do you wonder where Walters FM H10-44 came from? Place a HObbyline one alongside the Walters and think about it.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 09 2019 09:19:59 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 11 2019 :  09:38:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well in my search for train sets by HObbyline I have found 25 different named sets and seen 3 others which I made no note of. I am tempted to post a list and will think about how use full it would be.
toptrain

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 11 2019 :  10:26:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
great looking erie set frank,dont see many of those do you
catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 12 2019 :  09:11:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
great looking erie set frank,dont see many of those do you

Originally posted by catfordken - July 11 2019 :  10:26:27 AM

Your right Ken, the ERIE set is one hard to find set. I wish I had the box for it. I think I seen one car way back in the past. With HObbyline my wish list is long and all very hard to find.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 12 2019 :  09:50:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* After a few weeks of searching online I have a list of HObbyline train set that were available from 1953 to 1958. HObbyline it self broke up around the beginning of 1957 but stock remained with some distributors it seems for a few years more. To get them now it is just when old collections become available or that odd piece is found at a flea market or train show. Online auctions are the best place to see this line of trains.
* Here is my train set list of HObbyline sets, I don't think this list is complete now. I've never seen on before so mine may be the first.

Here is what I found and put together on the HObbyline train sets. It is information on 27 cataloged sets. Of them and on only the last one set 467 did I not find a set name. I am thinking that I don't have them all. 2 sets have a single digit number. 23 of these sets have 3 digit ID numbers. Only 2 have 4 digit ones and they may have been special sales set. Each of the two came with a assembled boxed kit to add a additional car for the set. Set 2500 came with a flat car; I think it to Pennsylvania RR. Set 3500 came with a Lehigh New England gondola. heir are 2 uncatalogued sets HObbyline made for Lloyds hobby shop and both are B&O. One passenger set #462, and one freight set. This makes a total of 29 sets and there may be more uncatalogued sets. My collection is of cataloged trains and sets.

My list of HObbyline Train sets.

Set number, Set name, Listing what’s in it.

#1 1953 no name PRR H12-44, flatcar, boxcar, gondola, and PRR caboose.

#2 1953 no name, PRR twin FA-1 black, 2 boxcars, 2 Gondolas, 1 flatcar, and a PRR Caboose.

410 ‘The Commuter”. PRR H12-44 and one H.W. combine, two coaches.

411 “The Wall Street”, H12-44 diesel, one H.W. combine, and two coaches.

412 “The Shuttle Bug” NYC 0-4-0t, tank car, boxcar caboose.

415 “The Suburbanite” UP FM H12-44 diesel, HW combine, two coaches.

416”The Prospector” ATSF FM H12-44 diesel, Flat car with 2 wood loads, Box car, HObbyline Caboose.

417 “The Pacemaker” B&O FM H12-44 diesel, hopper car, Box car, Gondola, caboose

420 “The Wayfarer” PRR FM H12-44 diesel, gondola, flat car, box car, caboose

421 “The Whistle Stopper” C&O FM H12-44 diesel, Gondola tank car and HObbyline caboose’ loco included.

422 “The Yard Master” PRR 0-4-0 steam loco with hopper, tank car and caboose.

( There are two yardmaster sets, 440 is a 4 car set, this 422 a 3 car set.)

425 “The Hilltopper”. UP FM H12-44 diesel, Gondola flat and box car.

426 “The Hot Shot”. Twin FA-1 diesels PRR black, flat with load, tank car, box car, hopper car, caboose.

430 “The Train Maker”. PRR A5 0-4-0 steam loco. HW combine, and two coach.

431 “The Silver Meteor” Twin FA1 PRR,3 S.L. pass cars, two Pullman silver star and silver cloud, and observation Silver Meteor. Pullmans are stream lined with red stripe.

440 1954 “The Yard Master”. PRR steam loco, PL&E Gondola, Erie Box car, conoco tank car, PRR caboose.
440 1955 “The Yard Master”. PRR steam loco, PRR Gondola, RI Box car, Union 76 tank car, HL caboose.

(422 is a 3 car set named Yard Master, The 440 sets are all 4 car sets)

446 “The Ridge Runner”. Alco FA-1 PRR diesel, box car, tank car, flat car with load, hopper car, HObbyline caboose.

450 “The Metropolitan“, FA-1 twin, combine and three HW coaches. Locos included.

451 “Lake Cities Express”. Erie FA1 twin, H.W. one combine, two passenger coaches. green and gray.

455 “The Canyon Clipper”. UP FA1 twin H.W. one combine, three coaches.

456 “The Trail Blazer”, PRR FA1 twin, S.L. three Pullman, one Observation.

460 “The Growler”. PRR twin FA-1’s, gondola, tank car, two box cars, UP caboose.

461 “ California Zephyr”. W.P. FA-1 twin. SL cars. 3 Pulman’s, Observation..

462 " The Royal Blue" B&O twin FA-1 's with one combine and three day coaches. A uncatalogued set
produced by HObbyline for sale be Lloyd's Hobby shop, Baltimore Md.

? # B&O freight set with 6 freight cars and a caboose.

Edit 9-17-21, NOTE; Lloyd's contracted HObbyline to make 2 sets for them. The set 462 and another, a freight set, number unknown. Lloyd's called these sets set 1 and 2. The set 2 was the freight set. It came with twin FA-1 locomotives in B&O, 6 freight cars , and a caboose. The year was 1955 and all cataloged listed freight set for this year came with cabooses lettered for HObbyline. Was this Lloyd's freight set equipped with a HObbyline caboose or did HObbyline make a B&O lettered caboose special for this set? I have never seen the set and so I don't know what freight cars and caboose came with the set. HObbyline may have made some B&O freight cars to go with this set. Having 6 cars it was the largest freight set made by HObbyline. The largest HObbyline freight set to date including 1955 had only 5 freight cars. I would really like to see a photo of this special set.
frank

465 “The Mountaineer”. UP twin FA-1’s, gondola, tank car, two box cars, UP caboose.

466 “The Frontiersman”, WP twin FA-1’s gondola, box, tank, flat with load, hopper, caboose.

467 ???????? no name found, Set is the same as 466 but is PRR.

2500 “The Rocky Mountain”, Union Pacific 0-4-0t saddle tank, box car, tank car, UP caboose

3500 “Allegheny”, PRR 0-4-0 yard bird, box, tank car, box car, hopper car, gondola car, flat car, PRR caboose.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 17 2021 6:20:58 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 12 2019 :  10:34:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I enjoy seeing this stuff from back when HO was in
its early years. It's got a great look. How well do
they run?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 20 2019 :  8:38:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a photo I made today of all my Hobbyline FM H12-44 locomotives. 4 are factory painted and the other 2 are my work.
HObbyline 1000 is factory done.
Pennsylvania 1000 is Factory.
B&O is also factory.
Lehigh Valley is Factory finished.
New York Central is done by me and
CNJ also is my work.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 20 2019 8:41:56 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - July 20 2019 :  9:49:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Ultra cool, toptrain! Nice custom work on the 2 of those!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 21 2019 :  3:43:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I am looking for two FM H12-44 locomotives. The C&O and the UP versions by Hobbyline. Actualy s their is an AtSF set with one.

1-24-20 I have them both now.

edit 9-17-21, added photo;

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 17 2021 6:26:26 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 21 2019 :  8:49:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
when these trains & sets were out ALL the railroads existed!
& who is still one that never merged but it merged with others?
UNION PACIFIC!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 22 2019 :  12:09:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow, from the early days of HO, when I gather, HO was like N when
N came out, replaced by Z, replaced by T. Really beautiful pieces.
How do they run? Are they like full on or full off?

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 22 2019 :  1:34:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Jeff I am sorry I missed the question twice. They have Pittman open frame motors. There is some speed control there but the heavier the train the less control you have. Most of the sets are a loco , 3 cars and a caboose. Or three passenger cars, they run ok. If you try to run a single FA1 and 6 cars. It will work on your basic flat layout. Grades can become a problem with light engines.

Buss. good post. A very true statement. UP is around even today. And chops yes they do run and this particular FM H12-44 made by HObbyline had all wheel pick of of power and on all the ones I have all wheel drive, just it is a little light. it could use some more weight. I did see on E-bay photos some of the 44 drives this FM and the FA-1 have only one truck powered with the wheels left in place and the gear shaft removed. That was due to who ever owned it removing worn out parts and making it so.

DID YOU KNOW THAT THEIR WAS A HO COMPANY THAT MADE A FM12-44 EARLIER THAN the HOBBYLINE! COMPANY AND A PHOTO OF THEIR LOCOMOTIVE CAN BE FOUND IN THE MODEL RAILROAD EQUIPMENT CORPORATION CATALOG OF 1950 ON PAGE 31. The ony date identifying these catalogs is the Copyright date 3 pages in. the catalog is in HOseeker. The company was Sampson.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on August 18 2019 4:30:04 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 27 2019 :  5:36:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Today I stopped over my friend Charlies house and received another different set of Erie heavyweight passenger cars. The first set was green and gray. This one is Green Gray and black.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 27 2019 5:37:22 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 28 2019 :  12:14:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
its like when Post Sugar Crisp put out those tin railroad signs
there were 28 & out of the 28 UP only exists!
those are fun to collect & use on your layouts

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 28 2019 :  7:07:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Today at Hamburg PA train show I got my first boxed HObbyline train set. It is the Ridgerunner NO. 446. It came with some basic paperwork and a 1955 HObbyline catalog. this it. The box car and the tank car are not the ones shown in the 1955 catalog. I change them to the correct ones and post them in the thread on train show and flea market finds.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 28 2019 7:22:02 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 28 2019 :  7:10:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Superb find.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 18 2019 :  4:43:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well I got a few HObbyline UP passenger cars and a UP FA1 that practically needs a new drive. I'll see if a Trainminature drive fits the shell.
frank

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 18 2019 :  5:23:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
UP yellow with celestory coaches. Sure do hope you can
do your magic and make it run. Are those coaches
all metal? That F unit is going to have to work
like heck to make those beauties roll.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 18 2019 :  8:38:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Jeff, HObbyline is the plastic line and English made the 65' cast Metal combine and day coach. These UP trains are really dirty so I'll get them cleaned tomorrow. I'll be looking for FA-1 locos in UP at the train shows this September. Sept 8 is the fall Hamburg PA show. Sept 29 is a Wayne NJ Train show. The Trainminature and Walters Train Line may get me some drives that fit. Their is always a chance a HObbyline diesels may appear at trains shows. Early October is good also for their are two train shows 35 miles apart on Oct. 6 in New Hope and Easton. I'll try to get to them both.
frank

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 18 2019 :  8:46:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I'd like to see some video of this
set running. Good luck on the
drive.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - August 18 2019 :  10:29:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice TopTrain!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 20 2019 :  10:09:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
These John English and hobbytown, do they preceede Tyco/Manatua?
While very cool in their own right, one senses a tension to lead the competition in the HO market. Is that about right?

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 24 2019 :  09:32:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A new Video with two Hobbyline train sets running at the same time. Erie Lake Cities express and the TrailBlazer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30431536@N03/48611232728/in/album-72157710242700546/

frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 24 2019 :  10:05:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
These John English and hobbytown, do they preceede Tyco/Mantua?
While very cool in their own right, one senses a tension to lead the competition in the HO market. Is that about right?

Originally posted by Chops124 - August 20 2019 :  10:09:45 AM

HObbyline is from 1953 to 1957. John English the parent company was a post WW2 1946 to 1957.
frank

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 24 2019 :  8:56:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow, that video is very well done. Nice, close angles and panning.
These have to be right at the very beginning of commercially
available HO, and they are amazing to see in action.

I hope we get to see the UP consist before too long? How is the
transmission repair going?

Also, what is that steep gradient-up-a-trestle? Looks like the
beggning of a cog railway! The whole new layout with its
divider is looking very sharp, and a great way to demonstrate
these beautiful old models. Thank you, also, for the insider
updates on these fabulous vintage pieces. Like Busss said,
they were operative Class 1's when the models came out.
Does it get any better than that??

Edited by - Chops124 on August 24 2019 8:58:45 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 16 2019 :  10:50:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Runs like a gem, and would appear to have its own sound
system pre-rigged, what a racket! A beautiful old set
restored to original purpose.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 27 2019 :  07:54:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Another of the large 4 passenger car sets. Here is a photo of the Erie " Lake Cities Express " Powered by a Twin set of FA-1's of the Erie, a combine and 3 day coaches.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 18 2020 6:16:27 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 27 2019 :  07:57:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is a look at the "Metropolitan" Set. One of the large 4 passenger car sets all heavyweight cars. A combine and 3 day coaches.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 18 2020 6:13:23 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 27 2019 :  08:03:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Now a look at the set named "Silver Meteor". it is a all pennsy passenger set released with FA1 twin power used the Tuscan red FA's. Freight set using FA's used the brunswick green which HObbyline called black. This set has 2 silver pullman cars with the familiar red stripe above the windows and an observation car. Silver meteor is the name of the Observation car in this set.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 18 2020 6:28:58 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 27 2019 :  08:07:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This is the Pennsy set named "Trail Blazer" where all silver streamlined cars were used. A pair of twin F-1s power this set pullins 3 pullmans and a Observation car.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 18 2020 6:19:10 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 29 2019 :  06:57:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Great sets. Landscaping looks like
Western PA.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - September 29 2019 :  3:56:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Gotta love that Pennsy Tuscan Red! Nice locos and coaches, frank.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 10 2019 :  08:49:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Thanks Jeff and Bob. That same set, the 'Trail Blazer" is on ebay now, listed as HObbyline it still at its opening bid. Who know it may go cheep. The 4 car set look very good. The locos have only one side shown.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 10 2019 2:56:09 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 11 2019 :  10:15:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Specifically, the side of the mountain looks like photos
from WKS in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. I do not tire
of looking at these great old HO trains- and knowing
they are operational.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 15 2019 :  8:58:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
Specifically, the side of the mountain looks like photos
from WKS in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania. I do not tire
of looking at these great old HO trains- and knowing
they are operational.

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 11 2019 :  10:15:39 AM

They are no fun if they don't run.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 16 2019 :  07:28:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
An update of the cars missing here that are in my collection.

Atlantic Coast Line box car 20121 , Ready To Run.

Erie box car, 82341 RTR.

Seaboard RR, 19599 RTR.

more to come.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 18 2019 07:00:17 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - November 16 2019 :  07:39:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here are three more box cars.

Southern Railroad. 24292

Southern Pacific Railroad 100810

Western Maryland Railroad 29242

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 18 2019 06:54:40 AM
Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Hornby OO trains  also all other British trains Topic Next Topic: Penn Line  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000