Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 TV/Movie themed sets you 'WISH' Tyco had made
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO Tropicana Set found in Allentown Topic Next Topic: MY VERSION OF THE SILVER STREAK
Page: of 2

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - January 09 2013 :  12:03:59 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
My thoughts of a Spiderman train set spurred this idea. I figured I'd put it in sets, because it does apply to "what-if" sets under the Tyco name.

In the group of TV/Movie themed sets, what do you 'wish' they'd produced? This can apply to trains, slot cars or US-1 sets.

For train sets, I always thought the Shark got shafted by only being included in the 'A' team set.

I always thought a Batman train set would be cool. Not the cheesy 60's version, but a darker, more gritty comic version. The 60's version could have some appeal though too...

I was picturing an RF16, flatcar with maybe a launcher like the A-team for the Batmobile, boxcar, maybe a gondola with a bat copter or something and a searchlight car with the Batman symbol on the lens.

Could have some cardboard buildings and a playmat, and some figures as well.

An official "Smokey and the Bandit" set with Snowman's truck, Bandit's Trans Am and Buford's Cruiser would be cool as well. In line w/Smokey and the Bandit II, maybe an elephant and a fall-apart roller-coaster...

Any thoughts? This is a topic to dream and have fun. Even properties that other manufacturers took are fair game (Like M*A*S*H or GoBots)

Regards,
Dan MacKellar
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 09 2013 :  12:21:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
AHM already did a Gobot train set Honest
http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/Novelty/BattleTrainSet.html
Bachmann did a M*A*S*H set too It included the whole compound(sp)
DO WANT!!

Edited by - microbusss on January 09 2013 12:31:49 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - January 09 2013 :  12:53:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Hawthorne makes some comic book hero trains. I think a Back to the Future, The Dukes of Hazard and of course, the Smokey and the Bandit would've cool!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - January 09 2013 :  4:29:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Yeah I knew about the AHM GoBots/Bachmann MASH sets. I was just implying Tyco could have done it better :P

The Hawthorne trains are pretty much all the same and are mainly for display, not operation/fun.

BTTF would make a cool set. Transforming 4-6-0 Anyone?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - January 09 2013 :  4:55:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
...how about that show "Supertrain"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBMVAzIMl5A

They sold the original prop set for $25,000 back in the mid 1980s...
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - January 09 2013 :  5:13:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I'd like to see a US1 Knight Rider set where the car could drive up into the truck! Probably would have been too difficult to do though...
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - January 09 2013 :  7:51:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
I alway wondered why they just didn't stop the truck. How long would it take to stop the trucK??
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - January 09 2013 :  8:08:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Great topic!

A "Fall Guy" stunt train.

How about an Airwolf train--you could carry Airwolf on a flatcar and have a plastic mountain hideout. Maybe a kit of Stringfellow Hawk's cabin and a couple pick-up trucks.

BJ and the Bear trucking set, with Sheriff Lobo, of course.

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century--with lots of photos of Erin Gray.

ChiPs police adventure train!

Joanie loves Chachi love train!

George Jefferson dry cleaning delivery service!

Magnum PI electric racing, Knight Rider electric racing, Fall Guy, A-team, Hardcastle and McCormick racing!

(as you can see, we watched a lot of TV when I was a kid.)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - January 09 2013 :  9:08:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
How about a "Back to the Future" set with a 4-6-0 and a DeLorean on a flat car.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - January 09 2013 :  11:30:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
A Twilight Zone train set would have been the coolest thing ever . I feel like one of those clear shelled engines would have worked nicely for that!

If Tyco were still in business today it would be neat to see some video game themed train sets
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - January 10 2013 :  12:17:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
I alway wondered why they just didn't stop the truck. How long would it take to stop the trucK??

Originally posted by 59Chevy - January 09 2013 :  7:51:08 PM

The problem I had with it was that the trailer was like Doctor Who's Tardis; bigger inside than it was outside! In reality, Michael could barely have opened the car door, if at all, once inside the trailer!

Glenn

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - January 10 2013 :  06:02:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
How about a modern themed NCIS set?
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - January 10 2013 :  07:39:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
quote:
A Twilight Zone train set would have been the coolest thing ever . I feel like one of those clear shelled engines would have worked nicely for that!

If Tyco were still in business today it would be neat to see some video game themed train sets

Originally posted by DaCheez - January 09 2013 :  11:30:16 PM

I saw a "Glow in the dark" slot car Turbo train proto on Ebay... Maybe cast the shell in that material? Twilight zone would definitely be interesting.

Video Games... Definitely need a combined Road/Rail set for Grand Theft Auto!

Going old school, I always thought a Spy Hunter slot car set would be cool.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 10 2013 :  07:59:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Video Games... Definitely need a combined Road/Rail set for Grand Theft Auto!

How about someone make the train from GTA: San Andreas?

Hey I has crazy Ideas myself I just don't have the skill or technical know-how to do it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

rgcw5
Hudson

conrock switcher

Posted - January 10 2013 :  10:23:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send rgcw5 a Yahoo! Message  Add rgcw5 to Buddylist
How about a Moving on US 1 trucking set? Always loved that kenworth!

Wild wild west train set

Maybe a runaway train themed set

And my current watch on TV, an Emergency! Themed fire fighting train!

just me Ray... and just because I have Tyco doesn't mean I am not a model railroader
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 506  ~  Member Since: April 03 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - January 10 2013 :  8:42:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Emergency! That would be awesome!

I'd almost see that as a US-1 set.

Runaway train could be cool. F7, and a couple of GP20's (yes... I know they were GP7's) and an ARR WV caboose.

Where are train sets like that now? Fun seems to have all but disappeared in the wake of realism :P

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - January 10 2013 :  10:38:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I think if Tyco were going to make any game themed sets, Call of Duty and Saints Row would be the top two I'd like to see. The CoD set would basically be a modern day GI Joe set
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

blackstone1
Switcher

ThomasAvatar

Posted - February 23 2013 :  7:07:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add blackstone1 to Buddylist
quote:
I think if Tyco were going to make any game themed sets, Call of Duty and Saints Row would be the top two I'd like to see. The CoD set would basically be a modern day GI Joe set

Originally posted by DaCheez - January 10 2013 :  10:38:18 PM

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 91  ~  Member Since: February 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: September 09 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - February 23 2013 :  7:09:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
Star Trek train?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 23 2013 :  7:32:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Star Trek train?
Originally posted by royal blue - February 23 2013 :  7:09:03 PM

How about Star Wars?
What I want to do is on all boxcars do every single Batman logo since the 1st Batman movie came out in 1989

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 24 2013 :  9:22:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Blackstone1:

I take it you're not a fan of CoD and/or video games in general? Growing up I played a lot of the original Call of Duty, but in the past few years I've lost most of my interest in video games. Besides, there would be literally no market for a CoD based train set

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 24 2013 :  10:54:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Star Trek train?

Eh, pieces have been done, apparently...I took this pic at my club's layout a few weeks ago. Not sure where it came from, or who made it, though.

jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 24 2013 :  11:53:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
thats more than likely a set from Franklin Mint or one of those places that sells promo train sets like John Deere, DC Comics or Marvel Comics, Jerry

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - February 25 2013 :  12:15:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Hawthorne Village, made by Bachmann.

Glenn

Edited by - gmoney on February 25 2013 12:31:50 PM

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - February 25 2013 :  12:27:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
Star Trek train?

Eh, pieces have been done, apparently...I took this pic at my club's layout a few weeks ago. Not sure where it came from, or who made it, though.

jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - February 24 2013 :  10:54:46 PM

Kool!!! I like it. Going to a star trek convention in april,i dont think ill see one of those there.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

blackstone1
Switcher

ThomasAvatar

Posted - February 27 2013 :  7:19:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add blackstone1 to Buddylist
quote:
Blackstone1:

I take it you're not a fan of CoD and/or video games in general? Growing up I played a lot of the original Call of Duty, but in the past few years I've lost most of my interest in video games. Besides, there would be literally no market for a CoD based train set

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 24 2013 :  9:22:15 PM

No offence, but CoD seems done to death(new game each year)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 91  ~  Member Since: February 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: September 09 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 27 2013 :  9:28:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:

No offence, but CoD seems done to death(new game each year)

Oh, I agree completely. They're probably at the tenth one by now

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - January 08 2014 :  12:04:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
A Scooby Doo set would have been a hoot with a mystery machine van as a flatcar load like the A team set and ghost and ghouls boxcars.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 08 2014 :  7:27:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
A Scooby Doo set would have been a hoot with a mystery machine van as a flatcar load like the A team set and ghost and ghouls boxcars.
Originally posted by metalsmith1 - January 08 2014 :  12:04:01 AM

Life-Like made a race set like that already
How about MacGuyver or SG-1? hehe

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 08 2014 :  8:26:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hawethorne village commisioned bachmann to make star wars set
http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/917623_star-wars-train-collection.html

Edited by - catfordken on January 08 2014 8:37:35 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - January 08 2014 :  8:46:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
A Scooby Doo set would have been a hoot.
Originally posted by metalsmith1 - January 08 2014 :  12:04:01 AM

I think so.
-- Shaggy

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - January 09 2014 :  12:45:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
ZOINKS! That was a fast response!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - January 09 2014 :  01:06:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I think the 4-6-0 and the time machine as a matching set would've been cool! Then I think something from Toy Story 3 themed been cool.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - January 09 2014 :  1:56:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
How about MacGuyver or SG-1? hehe
Originally posted by microbusss - January 08 2014 :  7:27:32 PM

MacGuyver should be simple enough:

If you have tape and a Swiss Army Knife, you have it all!

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 09 2014 :  2:22:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
and of course MacGuyver`s biggest fans ken

Edited by - catfordken on January 09 2014 2:24:43 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - January 09 2014 :  3:26:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
OK, this is going to sound goofy at first but bear with me. Just imagine a steam set with dumping log cars and a sawmill and log pond and a great big depression era house all wrapped up in a theme around the TV show The Walton's. This would make a great Hawthorn Village set! Of course if that is not your speed, the Six Million Dollar Man would have been cool.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - August 02 2014 :  11:19:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Well Lionel DID make Simpsons trains

Supposedly because the UP logo was shown in various eps of the show this is why UP logo is now licensed

Also the railroad's signature color yellow hence why the LEGO ep was made

And is not Lionel doing a Batman themed set this year?

And what about Silver Streak's AM railroad?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - August 02 2014 :  1:07:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Hawthorne Village, made by Bachmann.

Originally posted by gmoney - February 25 2013 :  12:15:56 PM

I believe Bachmann made an Elvis version of that too.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - August 02 2014 :  3:57:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
I will never in a million years understand themed train sets
http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - August 02 2014 :  8:17:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
The Enterprise looks really good on that F-Unit. Wonder if the road number is 1701?

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - August 02 2014 :  8:35:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
The Enterprise looks really good on that F-Unit. Wonder if the road number is 1701?

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - August 02 2014 :  8:17:17 PM

I don't see a single road name number anywhere on the locomotive so it's a numberless engine. Same goes for the Elvis F unit for that matter.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on August 02 2014 8:35:29 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - August 03 2014 :  12:14:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - August 02 2014 :  8:17:17 PM

I don't see a single road name number anywhere on the locomotive so it's a numberless engine. Same goes for the Elvis F unit for that matter.

Originally posted by kovacste000 - August 02 2014 :  8:35:16 PM

You could probably print some 1701-A numberboards on an inkjet printer and attach them to the blank numberboards on the nose
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - November 05 2014 :  10:06:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
How about a pair of F9's and matching passenger train for the movie Sliver Streak? Painted in CP rail colors but letttered AMroad just like the in the movie. Or sticking with train movies, Runaway Train with a beat up looking set of diesels with frosted snow effects on them. Or a General powered Wild Wild West set for that movie. Unfortunatly Tyco was gone by the time Unstoppable came out. Mike
Still NT's, I have Aspergers.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 05 2014 :  11:12:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

And what about Silver Streak's AM railroad?

Originally posted by thesiding - August 02 2014 :  11:19:20 AM

THAT I DO wanna make!!!!
& its AMRoad btw

#4070 is in Montreal somewhere

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - November 06 2014 :  12:01:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:

...& its AMRoad btw...

Originally posted by microbusss - November 05 2014 :  11:12:43 PM

THE INFORMER....

Glenn

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - November 06 2014 :  12:28:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
Its been awhile since I saw that movie, couldn't remember if the "R" in road was capitalized or not. Thanks for the correction. I think Athearn had thier CP rail F7 numbered 4070. I believe the units in the movie were FP7's That had to be one of the better train movies of that era.
Still NT's, I have Aspergers.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 06 2014 :  12:57:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Its been awhile since I saw that movie, couldn't remember if the "R" in road was capitalized or not. Thanks for the correction. I think Athearn had thier CP rail F7 numbered 4070. I believe the units in the movie were FP7's That had to be one of the better train movies of that era.

Originally posted by cadetpwr - November 06 2014 :  12:28:00 AM

the 2nd loco has since been scrapped
Movie is on DVD & I bought the limited edition soundtrack CD too
the original VHS cover had Richard Pryor, Gene Wilder & Jill Clayburgh running from the crash
I always remembered that as a kid Never remembering what movie it was

Course I want the original The Silver Streak too
Plus the HO model as well

Edited by - microbusss on November 06 2014 12:58:47 AM

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - November 07 2014 :  6:53:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
Heres one for you all....there was a movie made by Gary Coleman, written by Gary Coleman, directed by Gary Coleman and starring Gary Coleman about a kid who lives in Grand Central Station in a locker. He has to raise $1,000,000 to save the city of New York or some ridiculous nonsense like that. I would have to say that even though Plan 9 From Outer Space is considered to be the worst movie ever made....the Gary Coleman movie gives it a run for the money.

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - November 07 2014 :  7:37:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
I would have to say that even though Plan 9 From Outer Space is considered to be the worst movie ever made....the Gary Coleman movie gives it a run for the money.

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - November 07 2014 :  6:53:57 PM

Don't forget "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". Would make a great themed train set.

Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - November 07 2014 :  10:02:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
I would have to say that even though Plan 9 From Outer Space is considered to be the worst movie ever made....the Gary Coleman movie gives it a run for the money.

Originally posted by metalsmith1 - November 07 2014 :  6:53:57 PM

Don't forget "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". Would make a great themed train set.

Originally posted by JNXT 7707 - November 07 2014 :  7:37:40 PM

Wait, what?! There's actually a movie called "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"?That movie's got to be pretty bad.

-Steve

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - November 07 2014 :  10:16:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
It's a cult classic Stephen, Google it and have fun
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: TYCO Tropicana Set found in Allentown Topic Next Topic: MY VERSION OF THE SILVER STREAK  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000