Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 My layout
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mike''s wild west layout begins Topic Next Topic: My 100.00 layout....  

BADDOG
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 24 2012 :  4:10:33 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add BADDOG to Buddylist
OUR STORY

Me and my son Alex and my daughter Meaghan have worked for six years constructing and detailing our layout. Which is an over view of Ontario back in the late fifty's at the height of the cold war, [this is why we have so many Lionel ballistic missiles, two Avro Aero's flying over the Massey Harris plant and a firing missle laucher]. Although we have worked for six hard years we have not finished, just one example is that the higher part of the layout [the part shown more near the end of the video] we still have yet to hook up all of the lights and get the street car moving under power. We still have many small details like people and other details/lights we will be uploading another video to share our layout with you guys when we have all of the lights and the street car running. here is the link to youtube http://youtu.be/TaSFCxwH7EY

BAD DOG

Edited by - BADDOG on December 24 2012 7:23:06 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 10  ~  Member Since: January 23 2012  ~  Last Visit: February 05 2020 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 24 2012 :  5:16:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
The "other" video? Where's the first one? Not attached here, unfortunately

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 24 2012 :  5:16:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I think you forgot the link to the video! ...but you've peaked my curiousity. I'm from Ottawa so I'm interested to see what you have. It sounds like you have a good amount of things to see on your layout
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - December 24 2012 :  8:36:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Nicely detailed layout, BAD DOG! I love the 3D lightbulb sign, and the animated crane in the street looks just like a Tonka truck! Love it!
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - December 24 2012 :  8:37:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Great layout! Just made me a little sick watching, from the camera moving so much. I have that same piggy back loader/unloader and never seen one on a layout being operated!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BADDOG
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 24 2012 :  9:30:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BADDOG to Buddylist
i actually did use a tonka truck ordainment with the hook took off and added some extra details thank you for your positive feedback.
quote:
Nicely detailed layout, BAD DOG! I love the 3D lightbulb sign, and the animated crane in the street looks just like a Tonka truck! Love it!

Originally posted by gmoney - December 24 2012 :  8:36:02 PM

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 10  ~  Member Since: January 23 2012  ~  Last Visit: February 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - December 24 2012 :  10:11:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
LOVE the combination of Tyco/Lionel HO-Pemco and the more modern manufacturers (Spectrum City Scenes high-rises, Atlas Built-Ups, etc). The Autopulse throttles are old-school...but rock solid, I bet.

A very colorful layout, full of activity & adverts from the era. It has SOUL.

-R

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 24 2012 :  11:30:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
The attention to detail and amount of variety is great! I really like how your rock faces look.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - January 16 2013 :  1:11:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
One of my favorite layouts yet. It just seems like alot of fun.
If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 16 2013 :  2:36:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I wants one of those Tonka Truck ornaments!
Of course you has a few accesories I'm needing

That one car with paint all over it reminds me of a friend who bought a car like that one time Yeah he drove it like that for many years Even managed to get most paint off or repaint it where the can spilled onto the roof
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 27 2014 :  04:55:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Dang! You guys really poured it on! Was that the "Maid of the Mist" in the water scene? If so, you really nailed an iconic Canadian image. The cityscape reminded me strongly of the Hamilton of my youth. This is an amazing piece of animated folk art and it would be awesome if it could be hauled out to a model train show, or even a county fair. Bravo guys, you really created something new and wonderful!
JMcNeal
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 14 2022 :  11:12:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Deserves another look.

Nicely done.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5842  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Mike''s wild west layout begins Topic Next Topic: My 100.00 layout....  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000