Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 5 ]  [ Total: 5 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Mike's wild west layout begins
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: US Layout in Austria Topic Next Topic: My layout  

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - September 30 2012 :  4:46:41 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
I dug out my old 37"x55" portable layout that was in our shed. There was an around the wall layout in the room but it was to much for my limited budget and took up to much space. So, I took it down, kept all the benchwork for when income allows for me to do more. The little layout already had Homasote on it, which was a big bonus. I laid some of the brass track I picked up yesterday, along with a couple of turn outs. I plan to put the Tyco horse loading dock where the yellow Durango stock car is, and replace the sawmill building with something else that can receive cars. I hope my tail track is long enough for 1 shorty old timer car and the Dixie Belle or Mastadon that will be the layouts future motive power. Era will be the late 1880's to early mid 1890's. I am open to suggestions to changing the interior tracks, but obviously the loop will remain the same. I do plan to change the bridge to a more era correct one and change the river bottom to line up better. I will also probably add a extension down the wall at the far end to give me a yard to store trains in. The second pic is of my only old west building, the panhandler gazette news paper and a dentist's office. Cheers Mike

Still NT's, I have Aspergers.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 30 2012 :  7:12:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Looks like you have a good start on a budget layout, Mike. You can always run your "modern" diesel train on it, too, as the 1890's look can be a modern-day tourist attraction retro-town with people in period garb. So it'll work either way. Just add an appropriate passenger platform and you're good to go. Glad the ol' former layout section was not harmed by shed storage. At least it's getting good use again. Keep the updates coming!

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - September 30 2012 :  8:33:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Good to see a old item become new again!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - September 30 2012 :  8:48:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
yepper, pay no attention to the painted grass and roads, that will all get changed soon. I tihnk the fun of doing an old school Tyco layout will be fun and refreshing from all the high doller dcc/sound stuff thats out there now. Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 30 2012 :  11:21:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress :). Somewhere down the line I'm hoping to build an 1800's era layout too. I've already got a different layout in the design phase though...one step at a time, right?

Welcome back, btw!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

cadetpwr
Big Six

Posted - October 01 2012 :  5:09:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add cadetpwr to Buddylist
Thanks for the comments. The locomotive running in the pic is up for swapping, I will get an ad up in a little bit. We have a train show coming up in a few weeks, I hope to get some more western buildings or rolling stock then. Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 308  ~  Member Since: November 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 14 2022 :  11:17:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Another idea for some here to use on their new small layouts.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: US Layout in Austria Topic Next Topic: My layout  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000