Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 A Heritage E8! OMG!!!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Johnny Lightning / HotWheels video Topic Next Topic: please, show me your canadianas  

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - August 02 2012 :  4:52:37 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
This is trending right now, and has been featured on the Today Show and others.

I'm an old Adirondacker, so I've been wanting to get up there and ride the Saratoga & North Creek and see that nicely decked out BL2. I doubt I'd react like this, however.

Someone has finally knocked the Bachmann 142 kid off his perch. Gold medal performance, anyone? /tyco/forum/uploaded/NickelPlate759/icon_mi_4.gif

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - August 02 2012 :  5:02:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
if hes that loud about a loco i hate to think what he is like at home,if you get my drift ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - August 02 2012 :  5:03:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
I'll bet he needed a cigarette after that.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 02 2012 :  5:09:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Damn, I thought I was outrageous when I got my first CSX SD80MAC on film, nevermind in CSX blue yellow and gray..... But this guy, takes the cake and eats it too!
~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - August 02 2012 :  5:24:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
BTW, the name on the BL2 he mentions -- T.C. Durant -- was the builder of the Adirondack Railway. You'd think a foamer like him would know that.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - August 02 2012 :  7:58:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Total smart butt or real excited! My goodness, he needs a chill pill!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - August 02 2012 :  8:46:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
BL2s , gotta love em! I saw one Tuesday in WM not far from my wife's workplace.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

a6m5zerosen
Little Six

DRGWAvatar

Posted - August 02 2012 :  8:50:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add a6m5zerosen to Buddylist
I like trains as much as the next guy, provided that this guy is NOT the next guy...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 103  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - August 02 2012 :  9:29:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
The Saratoga & North Creek Railway was opened last fall as a ski train to run from Saratoga Springs to North Creek for access to Gore Mountain, but... no snow. Hopefully this year will be better. This is part of the old D&H line that used to terminate at a huge mine near Mt. Marcy in the high peaks (near Lake Placid) that closed in '89.

There are lots of great shots on Railpictures. I think this is the best scheme I've seen on a BL2.

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?railroad=Saratoga%20and%20North%20Creek%20Railway

a6m5zerosen, that's the best line yet. /tyco/forum/uploaded/NickelPlate759/icon_mi_2.gif

The Tyco Depot

siouxlake
Hudson

Posted - August 02 2012 :  11:24:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add siouxlake to Buddylist
The way this guy is hootin' and hollerin' ( and I am not even remotely southern), you would of thought he just saw Elvis reincarnated, backed up by the Beatles, with Frank Sinatra as a warm-up act! Not even my beautiful and talented college daughter would emote like this at a teen concert!

The video alone, sans sound track, would suffice for me!

Ron
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: September 21 2011  ~  Last Visit: December 21 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SCVR66
Big Boy

SCVR #2

Posted - August 03 2012 :  01:24:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SCVR66 to Buddylist
ironically the same thign happened with a guy on Tosh.o! He finally saw a UP heritage unit (1989) and he flipped! check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhYXNwvcl6A
I buy, repair, and collect
http://scvr.weebly.com/
http://seyboldlocomotiveworks.weebly.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeputation?feature=watch
Hyde.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1352  ~  Member Since: January 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: July 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - August 03 2012 :  01:59:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Are they the same guy?

I didn't even act like that when I got a cab ride in C&O 614. I was grinning ear-to-ear, but sheesh. Now you know why RR crews laugh at foamers. These guys would need paramedics if they'd seen all the heritage units at the NS roundhouse.

The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on August 03 2012 02:01:28 AM

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - August 03 2012 :  11:09:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Is this a thing now? Well f*** planking...let's all just go yell at some trains .
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 14 2020 :  5:14:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:
ironically the same thign happened with a guy on Tosh.o! He finally saw a UP heritage unit (1989) and he flipped! check it out!

Originally posted by SCVR66 - August 03 2012 :  01:24:41 AM

He did the same thing with another engine.

Probably just showing off with fake enthusiasm. Then again who knows.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5887  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 14 2020 :  5:27:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Hey, the liveries are beautiful!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 14 2020 :  7:03:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I do agree, Blax. Anyone got a "worst" livery? My is the ridiculous
Pan American, only outstripped by Guilford Lines, who took the
iconic McGuiness livery and completely reamed it.

Pan American Railway actually bought the rights to the P.A. logo!
What the heck! Didn't they have enough imagination to come up
with their own design??? Or have brought back the legacy B&M?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11195  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 14 2020 :  7:44:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - November 14 2020 :  7:03:51 PM

actually it was Guilford who bought out the name & trademark Pan Am
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 14 2020 :  7:55:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - November 14 2020 :  7:03:51 PM

Worst livery... hmmmm I'd have to say, that with all the bright, vibrant colors on diesels, later Pennsylvania and the PC are just boring. With the pennsys tuscan red and dark greens, solid black was all they could do? Perhaps it was because of tight costs in those days, and they didn't have money for better colors? idk.

Same applies to conrail black. BORING!

Also, the Pan am scheme is quite similar to the Blaxland's diesel livery. Solid blue with silver and white trim.....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 14 2020 :  9:00:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Worst livery ever.....actually, Alex, you're right. Both the NYC and PRR were facing financial challenges before combining into the PC disaster, and that is why they cut costs by painting their locomotives black with small logos. Now, the black PC scheme is AWESOME, with what some call the iconic "worms-in-love" logo.

Conrail blue is nice, but the repatched PC black "CR" locos, I agree, were the ugliest in my opinion. :(

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - November 15 2020 :  09:31:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Worst livery ever.....actually, Alex, you're right. Both the NYC and PRR were facing financial challenges before combining into the PC disaster, and that is why they cut costs by painting their locomotives black with small logos. Now, the black PC scheme is AWESOME, with what some call the iconic "worms-in-love" logo.

Conrail blue is nice, but the repatched PC black "CR" locos, I agree, were the ugliest in my opinion. :(

Originally posted by RP model railroads - November 14 2020 :  9:00:30 PM

PC is alright, at least they had the big graphic, like you said. My favorite version is when either the P or C in the logo was red
  Previous Topic: Johnny Lightning / HotWheels video Topic Next Topic: please, show me your canadianas  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000