Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 Penn-Line HO Scale trains.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AHM box cars 40'' Topic Next Topic: Varney 40'' reefers.
Page: of 3

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 21 2012 :  09:45:15 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Penn-Line is a American HO train manufacturer from the past. They were located in Boyertown, Pennsylvania. They made a line of HO Locomotives including : PRR E8, H9, I1, K4, L1, T1. All Pennsylvania Railroad prototypes, and a Reading Crusader. A line that was continued on until 2011 by the Bowser Train Company, except for the Crusader. A long lived, and sadly missed HO scale model train line.

* Thinking of notable HO train produced by Penn-Line. One that I like is Pennsylvania streamline passenger set. it is pulled by a matching F7 A&B. Penn-line chose a Tuscan Red with a yellow single stripe. It used the old HObbyline-Varney cars. The Hobbyline cars were done differently. They were all silver with black lettering.

* Other passenger train equipment were marketed also. They released other streamlined passenger cars of a different type, the same as the ones made by the John English, HObbyline train Co. Then acquired by Varney and after Varney the Life-Like Company. Penn-Line also released was the plastic cresatory roofed passenger cars of Varney heritage. All penn-Line released passenger cars were clearly marked underneath each car. These set, and cars came in many different road names, also available separately.

* More to come ! Written and train photos.

Edit 12-08-14:

***About Penn-Line:
** If you go to the HOseeker site listed in our Tyco Forum, or to the direct link to Penn-Line trains to HOseeker in the post by Richard P. on 12-3-14. You can view their early catalogs. Before 1955 you can only find Locomotives. Now in the 1955 catalog you see a line of cars, both Passenger and freight. The only car made be Penn-Line in this catalog are the flat cars and the caboose. If you look closely you will see a different type of coupler used on all these cars. The Passenger cars, Reefer, box car, gondola, and the different type of coupler are all made in Western Germany by Fleischmann. This is how Penn-Line got into the train set business. In the following years Penn-Line made more of their own cars. Adding more each year. When the NMRA ( National Model Railroad Association) designed and released their choice of a new common type HO coupler for American HO products, Penn-Line changed to this type coupler. Fleischmann adopted this type coupler also, on the cars they supplied to Penn-Line. This car be seen by longer time modelers having Penn-Line cars. Penn-Line phased out the use of Fleischmann cars before 1960 as the catalogs show HObbyline, Varney type passenger cars. These were provided by Varney to extend the Penn-Line line. Also A Mantua style box car is seen in the Penn-Line line in Great Northern, Union Pacific, D&RGW cookie box, NH, MP eagle with yellow door, WP feather, and Main Central. Mantua also provided gondolas in PRR, Wabash, B&O, and Monon. Some of these cars can be recognized by different lettering, coloring, and numbering. Some have, like all the passenger cars of the Varney type, the Penn-Line logo on the car bottom. Others dont. Some came with a black sticker with white lettering of the Penn-Line logo on their bottom. Collecting these cars can be challenging. You may think you have a Penn-Line, and only have a Mantua.
* Happy, successful, collecting.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on December 08 2014 10:27:30 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 21 2012 :  10:50:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
A most notable engine you missed was the cast metal GG1 that Penn Line did. The quality of the casting varied,but I have heard they ran well, and complete specimens sell for decent cash on the auction sites.

( picture borrowed from Ebay )

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - July 21 2012 :  1:37:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
The Northern Pacific passenger cars were produced by Fleischmann for Penn Line in 1955 thru 1956. There were four cars, baggage, coach, diner and a Pullman. They came in two sets, #5503 ( A unit, baggage, diner and coach) and #5506 (A&B units, baggage, coach, diner and Pullman).

The tooling for the streamline and heavyweight standard passenger cars was obtained from the John English Company (Hobbyline) when it ceased operations. They were first cataloged in 1957.

Sol Kramer owner of Varney/Life Like obtained the dies for all of the Penn Line rolling stock, diesels and the GG1 at the Penn Line bankruptcy auction in 1963. Lew English of Bowser got PRR steam engine dies. The whereabouts of the Midget Diesel Switcher is unknown.

Edited by - waw47 on July 21 2012 1:46:35 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 21 2012 :  1:52:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
penn line 4-4-2 (pennsy e6)

penn line 2-8-0 (pennsy h9)

pennsylvania great western pacific repaint (k-4)

awaiting custom decals

Edited by - catfordken on July 22 2012 10:19:05 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 21 2012 :  8:51:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Another nice engine Penn Line did was the Midget diesel, these also command decent prices these days, I have two. Neither run well at the moment.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 21 2012 :  11:25:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
* I am not sure about the first paragraph. Just recently here info was poster concerning these Northern pacific cars. It said they, Tyco for a year or two used dies from penn line to produce and market passenger sets of these cars. it also noted the difference between the tyco and the penn line saying they were basically a model of the same cars. just the tyco was shorter by a few windows.

* After writing the above paragraph I can say that I never seen the Penn-Line cars marketed by tyco. And the only thing I seen written was the post here a week or 2 ago.

Hey Frank,

You're thinking of American Flyer! Tyco re-boxed the American Flyer HO streamliners for a year or two in the late 50's before coming out with their own streamliners. I have a set actually...I'll post a comparison in another thread sometime

cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - July 22 2012 :  01:41:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
In 1959, American Flyer supplied passenger car shells to Tyco. These can be founded in the B&O and Canadian Pacific roadnames. From 1960 foward Tyco used their own shells.

Tyco produced the box cars, Wilson Reefer and gondolas for Penn Line from 1957 to 1963.
Varney made the C&O hopper and Sinclair tank car. Fleischmann supplied the rolling stock in 1955 & 1956. The only freight rolling stock Penn Line produce itself were the metal flat cars.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 22 2012 :  09:18:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
a large set from around 1960,pennsy f7s and cars,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 22 2012 :  10:00:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
BIG mistake by me toptrain !

quote:
[quote]

Hey Frank,

You're thinking of American Flyer! Tyco re-boxed the American Flyer HO streamliners for a year or two in the late 50's before coming out with their own streamliners. I have a set actually...I'll post a comparison in another thread sometime

cheez

Originally posted by DaCheez - July 21 2012 :  11:25:15 PM

Your right Cheez, I have, with the NP passenger cars mentioned, gone to Gilbert, away from penn line. Forgetfully thinking that I was still writing about Penn-Line. So I will edit that info out of penn-line text. It has no place here. I will leave this post to show correction.
* Maybe I should change my forum name from toptrain to not-so-toptrain, or drifty.

toptrain

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 22 2012 10:11:20 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 22 2012 :  10:33:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** Now for a smaller train line, Penn-Line, it is good to see 2 members contributing info and photos already. AMC Gremlin twice, first with a photo of the New Haven Penn-Line GG1 with 2 matching passenger cars. Then Kenny, catfordken, with photos of 3 different steamers. The Atlantic E class. The Consolidation, H class. and last the famous Pennsy K$ class. Next AMC Gremlin came back with a photo of a Penn-Line Midget Diesel switcher sitting atop its box. These switchers you see often. With its box not rare, but close to it.
toptrain

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 22 2012 10:47:15 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 22 2012 :  10:59:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Here are 2 of my photos of Pennline steamers.
The Mikado 2-8-2 L1 class.

The decapod 2-10-0 I1 class.

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 25 2012 :  8:26:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Penn-Line Caboose Wabash RR. This caboose and the previous three cars and a GP7 were the Penn-Line, Wabash train set.
toptrain

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 25 2012 :  8:28:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Penn- line : The Wabash GP7 to go with the train set.
toptrain

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 25 2012 8:31:11 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 25 2012 :  9:05:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Penn-Line GG1 PRR 5796 Tuscan Red
toptrain

toptrain

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - July 26 2012 :  07:17:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
Sweet, very nice collection!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - July 26 2012 :  10:50:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Penn-Line : Ford Generator truck / trailer.

I have two, but this one is the only one with a full image. It is missing part of the spotlight.

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 26 2012 :  11:36:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Sean good add. I seen it many times , always high priced. Most of the time boxed.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 26 2012 11:37:27 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 31 2012 :  2:24:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
nice collection & do love the fantasy GN & NH GG-1 locos *wants*
Edited by - microbusss on July 31 2012 2:27:15 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - July 31 2012 :  9:41:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
Penn-Line : 40' Monon flat with Hinde and Dauch trailer. With the " H&D Box Girl ".
toptrain

Originally posted by toptrain - July 26 2012 :  11:39:00 AM

Hey TopTrain,

I've got the matching MONON trailer for that flatcar.

Interested? I'm in BC, Canada.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - August 01 2012 :  3:56:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
All neat stuff Frank ;) I'll start looking for them now.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

caboose 1
Big Six

L&N Hummingbird

Posted - September 09 2012 :  10:38:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add caboose 1 to Buddylist

Yeah.... I love these pax cars They're shorter and work well on shorter radius curves

caboose 1
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 352  ~  Member Since: November 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: January 21 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 16 2012 :  10:23:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
$12 Penn-Line NH boxcar in original package unassembled!

Found out 1 truck is broke Anyone got a extra?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 16 2012 :  10:55:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hey Buss ! That is a great find and photo. Very good Penn Line car and boxed to. Tou should put the trucks back on.
toptrain

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 16 2012 10:57:44 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 16 2012 :  11:27:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Hey Buss ! That is a great find and photo. Very good Penn Line car and boxed to. Tou should put the trucks back on.
toptrain
Originally posted by toptrain - September 16 2012 :  10:55:50 AM

I would but one truck is broke
Got one?

Edited by - microbusss on September 16 2012 11:27:53 AM

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - September 17 2012 :  12:49:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Hey Frank,

I can see you don't have one of these in your list above:

A Penn Line Crusader!

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - September 18 2012 :  1:35:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
quote:
$12 Penn-Line NH boxcar in original package unassembled!

Found out 1 truck is broke Anyone got a extra?

Originally posted by microbusss - September 16 2012 :  10:23:36 AM

nice find Ben!
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 18 2012 :  8:12:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
ty, Erich

DOES ANYONE HAVE A EXTRA TRUCK?? MINE IS BROKEN!

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - September 19 2012 :  06:36:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
quote:
ty, Erich

DOES ANYONE HAVE A EXTRA TRUCK?? MINE IS BROKEN!

Originally posted by microbusss - September 18 2012 :  8:12:57 PM

Can you post pic of the truck? maybe it is not broken! sprung trucks fall apart without springs!
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 19 2012 :  07:34:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hey Buss !
It is common and acceptiable to upgrade trucks and couplers. Put on a set of trucks so as to be able to use the car. That penn-Line car used a tyco- mantua floor and will accept tyco trucks. You should have a pair of them. do you.
frank

toptrain

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 19 2012 :  6:56:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Looks broken to me

Lucky I got both wheels & couplers intact but I'd rather have the originals

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - September 20 2012 :  01:47:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Ben, you got zinc gremblins.

Or maybe it was the Noid.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - September 20 2012 :  05:52:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hey ben how many you want ken

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 20 2012 :  09:07:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Ken - at least 2 The ones that hold couplers
NickelPlate759 - obviously

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - September 29 2012 :  11:36:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist

One of mine (under construction). The Atlantic. It has the early brass frame, had some problems with the motor mount.
Made a custom fix. - Erich

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - September 29 2012 :  11:47:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
quote:
hey ben how many you want ken

Originally posted by catfordken - September 20 2012 :  05:52:24 AM

DAMN Ken! Those last trucks that are longer passenger car trucks are a good source for many a builds!

I'd be interested in those in the red box!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!

Edited by - EM-1 on September 29 2012 11:52:37 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - September 29 2012 :  12:50:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi john,will see what i got and send em ken

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 05 2012 :  11:41:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Shopping the rummage bins, I ran across this diesel shell in a box, and bought it. It has Penn Line stamped inside the undecorated shell. I am thinking of keeping it like this, and maybe doing some minimal lettering to it. I like it the way it looks now.

Jerry

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 09 2012 :  12:25:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
n addition to this Penn Line Topic is my Baltimore and Ohio heavy weight passenger set by Penn Line.
toptrain

toptrain

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - December 09 2012 :  1:30:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Nice topic Frank

Penn Line doesn't get much attention.

The pic is of my "set" featuring a PL GG1 and the cars that came in the set.

It will be for sale once I find which bin it's in. I have someone interested in the engine alone but I'd like to sell them together....

I will also offer a Midget diesel w/o the front foot board and I have several PL Steamer Boiler/cabs that will be offered. Ultimately I expect to keep only my Varney "Super's"

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 09 2012 :  6:04:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Gareth ; Nice Penn Line train set. There should be someone here looking for it, or something similar. Good luck when you list it.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  09:32:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Penn Line made a flat car with a wood load. On the oldest ones they used the trailer flat and the wood load was notched to allow it to fit over the tire supports and trailer supports. This wood load also had metal bands attached to the load. As can be seen, the original had a few extras to it.
* I use the Monon tuscan trailer flat wit wood load. All Monon flats use the same lettering.
toptrain1

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 12 2012 09:46:01 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  09:36:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Latter on Penn Line used their standard flat car for the wood load car. The wood load was glued down and not removeable. Must have been cost cutting.
* The Nickel plat Road flat with wood load.
toptrain1

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 27 2015 10:52:52 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  09:39:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Here is the Santa Fe standard flat car with wood load glued down.
toptrain1

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  09:50:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Here is the Penn line Trailer flat car with trailer load.
Used here is the Monon tuscan trailer flat with the Monon trailer.
toptrain1

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  09:53:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Posted here a second time to allow for comparison is the Penn Line Monon black trailer flat car, wirh the H&D trailer.
toptrain1

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  11:36:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
These next 3 posts are of Penn Line standard flat cars.
The first is Nickel Plate lines. You will that the lettering and number is the same for all types of flat cars with each road name.
toptrain1

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  11:38:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This is the penn line standeard flat car for the Santa Fe.
toptrain1

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 12 2012 3:45:17 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  11:44:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The third car for me was harder to find. The B&O flat.
toptrain1

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 12 2012 3:44:38 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  11:53:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A penn line box car New haven.
toptrain1

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  11:54:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A penn Line box car Missouri Pacific Eagle.
toptrain1

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 12 2012 :  11:56:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A penn line box car, Denver Rio Grand " COOKIE BOX ".
toptrain1

toptrain

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: AHM box cars 40'' Topic Next Topic: Varney 40'' reefers.  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000