Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 Odd GG1
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO ENGINES AND STOCK FOR SALE Topic Next Topic: TYCO_prototypes Virginian GP-20  

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - July 07 2012 :  2:22:43 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Here's something for the group to consider. I got this awhile back from the Bob Beers collection. I had thought it was just the result of some Friday afternoon at the factory where QC got lax.

Then from Tony Cook's site, I just found:
"Notice the Amtrak GG-1 above does not have "Amtrak" stamped on it, nor does it have a roadnumber. Actual production models have a similar paint scheme, but include Amtrak and the number 905 in black. This GG-1 without lettering served for a number of years in TYCO catalogs. This model appears in TYCO catalogs from 1977 thru 1982. "

Just like anything else from Mr Beers, there's no way to prove for sure that this really was the example used in the catalog. It sure is cool to think it was though!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator 

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - July 07 2012 :  2:24:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Here's another shot of the other side.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - July 07 2012 :  2:28:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
I cant get another comparison shot where some part of the silver doesn't show the flash.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 08 2012 :  07:32:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Congratulations NewHudson,
I again missed the boat on these pre-production models.
Thanks for the info on this GG-1.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 08 2012 :  5:07:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
It's a neat example to have in your collection. Nice find!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

spiderj76
Big Boy

Posted - July 08 2012 :  7:51:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add spiderj76 to Buddylist
Sweet stuff... I also snagged a few locos which turned out to be *the* catalog one-off demo units... pretty neat to have something with a bit of history behind the masses.

Plus in your case, you've a shortcut if you want to make a unit with a different road#...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2798  ~  Member Since: September 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - July 13 2012 :  10:44:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
quote:
Sweet stuff... I also snagged a few locos which turned out to be *the* catalog one-off demo units... pretty neat to have something with a bit of history behind the

Other than the prototype stuff you've shown before, what ind of catalog items do you have Tony? I remember one of his eBay auctions for maybe a 2-8-0 or 0-8-0 that had decal lettering that somehow either did match a catalog picture, or he said it did. One of his early auctions had a Golden Eagle with decal lettering that I really kick myself for not going after. Actually, I wish now that I would've just gone after more of it than I did.
  Previous Topic: TYCO ENGINES AND STOCK FOR SALE Topic Next Topic: TYCO_prototypes Virginian GP-20  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000