Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 35 ]  [ Total: 37 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Car of the Week (COTW)
 COTW - 2012 March 18 to March 24
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: COTW 2012 March 11 to March 17 Topic Next Topic: CotW 2012 Jan 15-21  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - March 18 2012 :  4:10:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Gee, another 1st-starter. . Well, to get the "spark" going, I am providing for your viewing pleasure an automotive billboard by Lifelike, a Champion Sparkplug boxcar, this will go with my NASCAR consist eventually.

Ok, anyone else out there? Must be out enjoying this great ( East coast, anyway ) weather.

JErry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 18 2012 :  5:48:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I got one too Basement pic lol

I want the Cox version!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - March 19 2012 :  11:23:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
Gonna start running my N scale stuff...a Tomex articulated flat...

Edited by - shaygetz on March 19 2012 11:30:19 AM
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - March 19 2012 :  12:32:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my car this week is a true scale western union telegraph co caboose,ken

Edited by - catfordken on March 19 2012 12:45:35 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - March 20 2012 :  01:34:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Nice looking caboose Ken!

I also have a caboose this week, something that you wouldn't normally see. My first total conversion of a Marklin SP caboose to normal NMRA specs.

Kadee #5's. Kadee archbar self center trucks. I didn't mean to buy those trucks for it I was in a hurry at the hobby store and wasn't paying attention. I wanted something cheaper and less complicated for this project. Also Kadee #5's are a bad match up. I had to install larger wheels (36 vs 33) and shim the trucks even higher to get the couplers to work. Ran it for the first time tonight though and I think its going to work out ok! Marklin really builds them well. The caboose doesn't need extra weight since its all metal. Nice detail for the age too. But not something I want to do again this one clogged up the bench for all the wrong reasons haha.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 20 2012 :  03:06:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice Champion box car, Jerry!

Champion certainly had the spark plug industry covered for many years. During the 1980's I discovered that Champion plugs worked great but they had a flaw that would stop me (and my racing buddies) from buying them.

At that time, if you fouled out a Champion plug, it would not come back to life. Situations where too much gas got into a cylinder, the plug was dead. Any other plug make will clean itself up, or will work after taken out and cleaned.

Found that Motor craft plugs worked well. Used to confuse the employees of the parts store by asking for Motorcraft plugs for a GM engine...

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 20 2012 :  09:41:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
funny story, Walt Besides all plugs are mostly the same One plug will fit in any vehicle
I should get a pic of these really old spark plugs a friend has They date back to Model T era
Here is one I got from a member & it came in a Tyco box

This car is a reefer
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - March 20 2012 :  11:38:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Here's some headers to go with the spark plugs...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - March 20 2012 :  11:59:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I have those headers on a Dodge. Awesome sound and likes that boxcar!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 20 2012 :  12:26:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice box car Mike! My big block Chevy is breathing thru Hooker headers.
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 20 2012 :  2:09:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
That a Cox model, Mike & one I wants too Along with AMF, Spalding & Champion Cox made
Course getting ANY is hard to find

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - March 21 2012 :  08:21:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

This is part of the Cox racing set, although the funny car is not...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - March 21 2012 :  10:48:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi All,

We have some nifty cars going this week.

Here is the Cox car with the race car that came with it. It was a gift from my Wife. I have one other Cox car and it is a fire tanker.

Thanks for sharing.

Mytyco
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: COTW 2012 March 11 to March 17 Topic Next Topic: CotW 2012 Jan 15-21  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000