Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 Lotw Christmas to New Year!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW - Jan 1 to Jan 7 , 2012 Topic Next Topic: LOTW 18TH DEC-24TH DEC  

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - December 25 2011 :  01:42:24 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
I decided to Kick off with my Early Christmas Present from my Uncle. A Trainline F40PH!
And Merry Christmas to All!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator 

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - December 25 2011 :  01:43:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Sorry For crappy quality. My good camera is Dead
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - December 25 2011 :  08:58:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
cvt,the title should be lotw dec 25th-31st dec,not as you put it,its done that way to stop confusion,my loco is a John English light mikado acl ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 25 2011 :  12:58:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
My " CTNY " LOTW is one I just uncovered a powered chassis for one I knew I had, with the bare-framed A unit I had with a trucked B unit. So NOW I can have a powered set of A-B. Sweet!

I've got one bare frame left, so maybe I can someday find the trucks to fit it, and have another B or A unit to go along with these two.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - December 25 2011 :  1:53:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
This is my LOTW:

Cary & Mantua Custom 2-8-2 Mikado Steam Locomotive:

Purchased with one other parts locomotive. After selling the pats loco, this one was less than free...

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tykowolf
Big Six

tml

Posted - December 25 2011 :  4:55:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tykowolf to Buddylist
I was dreaming of a Texan girl...
And here she is!

Santa Fe Texas class 2-10-4, the Tyco that never was. This is Bachmann's latest DCC equipped rendition and not too bad at that, a mite excessive with the blackening perhaps. By far my biggest locomotive, 22" radius track curves are required but I'd aim for 24" to be safe. Running smoother straight out of the box than my smaller Bachmann steamers, I've wanted her for the longest time and she doesn't disappoint.
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 362  ~  Member Since: March 21 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 31 2011 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - December 25 2011 :  5:37:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
i've been wanting one of those 2-10-4's for a while now myself. looks good.
jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - December 25 2011 :  5:52:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
"Official" locomotive week of the week DEC 25th 2011

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - December 25 2011 :  9:29:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Did the Canadian National Railway ever run and buy PA-1's?

"...ever run...PA-1's?" YES!
Here is # 9077... of 9077 & 9078

"...and buy PA-1's?" NO!

CN did, infact, test them, although no further west than Ontario. The PA-1's, equipped with Dynamic Brakes never touched any grades found in the mountain regions, unfortunatelly.

ALCO did dress up the first two PA's in CN garb for them and subbed decals in honour for Montreal Locomotive Works, to be tested.

I bought these models this past summer... I felt that they were the CNR's Holy Grail units to possess. They are properly done up with two powered Athearn's PA 1's.

Now, if only I could get a hold of the CLC/Canadian Locomotive Works C-Liners

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - December 25 2011 :  9:47:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
My newest engine, my little ones picked this up for me, the monster truck "Derailed"...

Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 26 2011 :  12:09:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
here is a UP Bachmann I got on Dec 25th From AMC It lights AND has that blinking light on it!

oops pic is crooked & this the only side that has the big UP shield on it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14697  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - December 26 2011 :  02:33:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Hey, Well done Brian!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - December 26 2011 :  1:00:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist

Happy Holidays to all. Here is a brand new locoI found at my local hobby store's consignment shelf.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 26 2011 :  7:18:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
here is my other SD 40-2 loco by Athern

This one I got at a garage sale with 3 cars for $7 or so & it has a flywheel in it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14697  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - December 27 2011 :  11:03:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Athearn...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: May 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - December 30 2011 :  02:43:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Time to come out of hiding for the winter and post a little again lol. Got this from a friend for xmas. A HH600 from Atlas. GREAT little runner and has great detail to boot.

If your saying to yourself "Gee I wish we had a Walthers H-10 to compare it to for size". My friend happens to own one. Several of my engines photobombing this photo lol (minus the CSX unit).

And here it is towing a flat car I recently painted up.

Hope everyone has been well and had a good holiday!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 30 2011 :  09:31:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
my CNJ decapod.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTW - Jan 1 to Jan 7 , 2012 Topic Next Topic: LOTW 18TH DEC-24TH DEC  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000