Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 22 ]  [ Total: 22 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Alco Demonstrator project
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: G&D decals Topic Next Topic: Conrail C430 Alco project  

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 15 2011 :  5:20:09 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
I have too many projects going on and most aren't that complicated. This will be an Alco 430-1 Demonstrator paint job. The decals came more than a year ago at auction, I was the only bidder :)

The pilots are filled with sheet plastic and a resin dynamic brake unit has been added. The primer that came from the "big W" for $.99 covers nicely the original SF paint after I scaped off the herald and sanded the yellow stripe edges.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator 

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - October 15 2011 :  5:45:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Sounds like a perfect project for you.

Do you have pics of the 430 Demo? Overland did a lovely version a whle ago. I have some pics of that I think if you need them.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 15 2011 :  6:00:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Gareth,
I'd be interested in the Overland pics. Thanks.

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - October 15 2011 :  6:31:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey AF:

They are on their way after a minor pause while I reflect on how I managed to send them to our pal, Brian initially! BRAIN CRAMP!

Guess I should post one pic so people know what we're talking about....

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

Edited by - romcat on October 15 2011 6:38:53 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - October 15 2011 :  6:39:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
AF, I'll say that primer covers well. When I first saw the photo I thought it was an undecorated gray shell.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - October 15 2011 :  6:40:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Nice Brass, Romcat! Hope It Goes Well Alco Fan!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - October 15 2011 :  6:41:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Thats a good point Nelson, I had to go back and look at that.

What did you use again?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 15 2011 :  9:04:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
The gray primer is from Walmart and is years old probably costing $.99 at the time.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: G&D decals Topic Next Topic: Conrail C430 Alco project  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000