Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Forum Related
 Forum Help
 pics and avitars
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Searching forums Topic Next Topic: am i missing something  

derfberger
Hudson

toby & Dindi

Posted - June 28 2010 :  10:46:16 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add derfberger to Buddylist
how do i post a picture to my forum comments and how do i post a pic as my avitar??
thanks
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 424  ~  Member Since: June 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 30 2021 Alert Moderator 

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 28 2010 :  10:55:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Posting a photo in your comment:

The file should be saved on your computer as a .jpg file. Click the white camera icon above the window where you type your message (next to the bold, italic, etc. icons) and browse for the photo. Select the photo, click open, then upload, then click the little message line that says "click here to add this image in your message", then continue to type the message and hit post.

For the avatar:

The file should be saved on your computer as a .jpg. Click on Profile at the top of the page, then look under "avatar selection" and pick "add your own avatar." Browse for the file and upload it, then choose it from the avatar selections.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

derfberger
Hudson

toby & Dindi

Posted - June 29 2010 :  11:16:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add derfberger to Buddylist
avitar---i'd like one of my own, not what's already on file.

how is that done
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 424  ~  Member Since: June 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 30 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 30 2010 :  06:26:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
avitar---i'd like one of my own, not what's already on file.

how is that done

Originally posted by derfberger - June 29 2010 :  11:16:10 PM

You have to upload it first, then it has to be approved by a Moderator, apparently. I just did mine, so any Moderators, my file name is GremlinBL2, if you can approve that, I'd appreciate it.

- Jerry -

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

derfberger
Hudson

toby & Dindi

Posted - June 30 2010 :  10:29:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add derfberger to Buddylist
i would like to make this my avitar

Edited by - derfberger on June 30 2010 10:30:20 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 424  ~  Member Since: June 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 30 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 30 2010 :  5:59:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
You have to upload it first, then it has to be approved by a Moderator, apparently. I just did mine, so any Moderators, my file name is GremlinBL2, if you can approve that, I'd appreciate it.

After you upload your display pic, just hit sumbit/done/whatever the button at the bottom of the page says. Then click "profile" on the button bar and sign back in to the edit profile page. The pic you just uploaded should be there.

That's how it's always worked for me, and I've always had the "mod approval required" message pop-up. To my knowledge, there's nothing the moderators need to do (unless NYC has changed it).

Cute dogs BTW, and welcome to the forum!!!

Edited by - DaCheez on June 30 2010 6:00:23 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 30 2010 :  7:43:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

After you upload your display pic, just hit sumbit/done/whatever the button at the bottom of the page says. Then click "profile" on the button bar and sign back in to the edit profile page. The pic you just uploaded should be there.

U R right, sir! It's updated, and I now have my personal avatar installed. Mucho gracias!

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

derfberger
Hudson

toby & Dindi

Posted - June 30 2010 :  8:28:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add derfberger to Buddylist
thanks for the dog comment,

my "grandchildren", spoiled rotten. Have traveled from Canada to the heart of Mexico, CA to NY.

And never once have they asked "Are we there yet?"

fred

derfberger
Hudson

toby & Dindi

Posted - June 30 2010 :  8:42:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add derfberger to Buddylist
sorry but not working

I go to profile, put in pass word, hit submit

click on add your own avitar, browse until i find file, file (PIC) is on my desk top. click to dwn load and get a whits page saying "this page can't be found go to microsoft support HTTP 404

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 01 2010 :  12:17:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Hmmm...the only thing I can think of would be that the file size is too big. You could try putting it in photoshop/paint/etc... and shrinking it. Make sure it's a JPEG and give it a simple name like "dogs". If that doesn't work than I'm stumped.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

derfberger
Hudson

toby & Dindi

Posted - July 01 2010 :  9:35:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add derfberger to Buddylist
pic is definately jpeg.

i reduced it to 146 Kb

tried again and same message

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

I'll keep trying

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 01 2010 :  11:03:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
pic is definately jpeg.

i reduced it to 146 Kb
I'll keep trying

Originally posted by derfberger - July 01 2010 :  9:35:08 PM

Um...Derf...that file is a TAD large. You need to reduce the picture until it's about 12k. That's about 90 x 90 pixels approximate. 146Kb is WAY too large. That's probably still your problem. that size is about 600 x 800 pixels. Keep at it. I think anything over 100 pixels both ways is too large.

Jerry

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - July 02 2010 :  11:27:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
I tried to help you, but apparently each member can only upload personal avatars, not group avatars. I ended up putting your picture in my avatar folder! No worries, I removed it. Anyway, I know what you did wrong.

First, you need to open the picture in a program such as Paint or something better. You can decrease the size by at least 50%. Then resave it (don't save over your original...name it something else) and upload it again.

Be sure fill in the space for the avatar name before you upload. If you don't, you'll get the error message that you saw before.

Like I said...this should work, because I accidentally uploaded it for myself. Sorry.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - July 02 2010 :  11:31:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Scratch that...it seems to have worked. It should be available for you with the name derfberger's dogs. Hope that helps.

derfberger
Hudson

toby & Dindi

Posted - July 04 2010 :  9:31:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add derfberger to Buddylist
I'm doing something wrong

I go to profile.

i open up my profile

Go to avitar selection and click on my avitar list and there are my 2 dogs but getting them from my list to a forum posting seems to be the problem

derfberger
Hudson

toby & Dindi

Posted - July 04 2010 :  9:33:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add derfberger to Buddylist
wa happen???
all of a sudden it worked

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 04 2010 :  9:53:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
wa happen???
all of a sudden it worked

Originally posted by derfberger - July 04 2010 :  9:33:07 PM

You probably have to reload the screen some, so it gets out of background memory. You're updated!

Jerry

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - July 07 2011 :  08:54:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:
how do i post a pic as my avitar??

Hello,

I have been trying for two days to add photos to my gallery and an Avatar image. I was able to add two images to my gallery yesterday, then I deleted one and have not been able to add another since. The Avatar image I added was sent to be approved I believe, but I have heard or seen anything since.

I was wondering if there was something I was doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 07 2011 :  09:08:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi mate not sure how the loading of own avatars works these days but you can use these in mean time ken
http://24.149.253.215/tyco/forum/advanced_avatarlegend.asp?sectionid=0
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - July 07 2011 :  09:17:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Hi ken,

Yeah, I saw those, Thanks. None really tickled my fancy. maybe the Mantua one, but that was about it. I would rather have my own if I can, otherwise I'll settle for none I guess.

I can say editing a profile on this forum is pretty frustrating compared to others I have joined...

I even tried sending a PM to the moderators and both were rejected because I have not posted at least 10 messages...but yet I had actually posted exactly 10 before I tried to send them the PMs...so that was pretty frustrating too.

Sean

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough!" - Mario Andretti!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1729  ~  Member Since: June 15 2011  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 07 2011 :  11:42:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I loaded up my funny tiger eaty icon just fine He eating a UP GEVO btw
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 08 2011 :  01:02:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
The Avatar image I added was sent to be approved I believe, but I have heard or seen anything since.

If you were able to upload it then it should be there. It says it needs to be approved but all you really need to do is exit from the "edit profile" screen and then go back in. It should be in the list of avatars you have to choose from (mixed in with the stock ones). This is how it worked when I last did it.

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - July 08 2011 :  2:46:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
quote:

It should be in the list of avatars you have to choose from (mixed in with the stock ones). This is how it worked when I last did it.

And look! There it was! Cool! Thanks man!

Sean

Mustangs_n_Trains
Big Boy

Mustang Man

Posted - July 08 2011 :  3:34:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mustangs_n_Trains to Buddylist
Somehow I was able to load pictures today!

Please check them out fellas! Tell me what you think, please!

What I have uploaded only barely scratches the surface of all that I have collected, although what I have shown in my gallery is some of the best that I have.

Sean

Edited by - Mustangs_n_Trains on July 08 2011 3:35:19 PM

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 09 2011 :  3:56:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Glad to hear you got it working. And you do have some cool stuff. I really like that green railcar (railcar?)
  Previous Topic: Searching forums Topic Next Topic: am i missing something  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000