Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Forum Related
 Forum Help
 How to upload and include pics in your posts!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: uploading photos Topic Next Topic: Pictures  

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - December 27 2005 :  9:31:04 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
It worked for me, let me know if it works for everyone else.

Here's how you do it. Put the blinking curser at the point in the message you want the photo to appear. Click on the paper clip icon in the Format: section of the topic page. You will receive a pop up window and you need to locate the photo on your computer. Hit the browse button, find the file and then hit the upload button. After it uploads the window changes confirming the upload and it also gives you the option to insert it directly from there with one simple click.

You can't get too much easier than this.

Enjoy! I only ask that you keep the photo sizes reasonable. If they are too wide it throws the forums, the forums will work, the topic just won't look too pretty. You're going to have to scroll all over the place. Space and bandwidth are a consideration also.

Photo should be below. It's only 52k in disk size and roughly 650x320 in pixel size. You can post larger size, I just wanted to give you rough idea of what it would look like here.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - December 29 2005 :  05:40:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
I tried it and it says file type not allowed. Same thing if I try to put a photo in my gallery'
Could there be something I have set wrong.
It is a jpg. file.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - February 04 2006 :  9:33:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
I am having same problem trying to put pictures up on site. It says file not allowed. Site has a problem.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - August 10 2006 :  12:56:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Hello,
I posted the Transparent shell in the AHM page and it was way to big. Can I shrink it or can you? Is this why the response seems so big with so much space? Was the picture so big because tne camera is set to take 2057x1369 images.
Thanks,

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - August 10 2006 :  1:26:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Alco_fan,

That is indeed a huge picture size for uploading. It's a nice size to get from a camera for veiwing on your PC and perhaps printing out, but to put online you'll generally want to resize it. Here's a very general how-to, because particular programs vary.

Look and see if your camera came with any photo-editing software. Most all photo software will offer a "resize" function. All you need to do is use that. Make sure the option to "keep aspect ratio" is selected, otherwise the image will turn distorted.

So, resize and change the width to say, 600 pixels. As long as the Apsect Ratio is kept, the height will change by the same percentage.

Then save your resized picture (with a new name so you don't lose your nice, big original) and upload that.

If you don't have editing software, most cameras will allow you choose the resolution you're taking. But you really should learn to rezise and edit because that becomes one of the joys of digital photography. Larger pictures help you get super details. Your pic of the clear shell has some awesome detail in it; if it were taken at a low res you woudln't see half the detail. (Yes, there is a tradeoff and you learn what works best with practice over time).

Good luck!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - August 11 2006 :  4:43:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
GiC,
Can we resize the transparent shell I sent on your end so it uses less space on the page or can I do that? I figured-out ,with your help, how to resize before I send.
Thanks
Bob

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - August 16 2006 :  3:06:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Bob,

I don't think there's anything I (or any user viewing the page) can do to resize the image.

The best thing for you to do might be to upload your smaller picture somewhere. Then go back to the post in question, Edit it, and then change the image link in the post to point to the new picture. You would have to upload it first.

You know, owing to the way this forum seems to work, I'm not entirely sure how to "change the image link" in all cases. I can do it in my posts because I am hosting images on another site, so I can edit the image link to point to that (new) external web address. As for pictures hosted here on this forum, I'm not sure how that works but you might be able to expirment. Live and Learn, Trial and Error, and all of that...[:D]

-Tony
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: uploading photos Topic Next Topic: Pictures  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000