Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Events
 Louisville, KY - Jan 27+28 - GATS/Greenberg
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Dupo Illinois Train Show... Topic Next Topic: The Maryland/ WV Model RR Club Spring Show  

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 12 2007 :  9:00:14 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Yeah, so it's a GATS (or whateva the heck they're calling it now) - but it's all we get around here aside from the teeny-tiny NMRA club shows.

But I will say the annual Louisville show is actually pretty good, and overdue by 3 months, and back at the Convention Center this time (it's always better there). Supposedly over 350 vendor tables sold.

I originally was committed elsewhere (NOT what yer thinkin'! [:P]) but those plans sort of asploded, so... consolation prize! WE'Z GOIN' TO A TRAIN SHOW! [:D] [:D]

If any of ya cats is able to make it, it'd be great to meet. My pad is less than an hour away too.

Edited by - GoingInCirclez on January 13 2007 01:45:05 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 28 2007 :  10:06:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
This was a GREAT show. The only problem was, they promoted the bejeezus outta it this week, and the place was FULL of people and strollers. I have NEVER seen such a crowd at a train show. For the first 3 hours, you couldn;t move - and this was in the same amount of space they've always had for this show. Mostly families with kids... the Thomas and Brio booths were mobscenes... and the vendors I spoke with said they were doing VERY well. Thankfully, only a a couple of "dirty old grumps" were there.

And... I found some "serious" finds to indulge the modeler in me that I'd all but given up on...

And... whole caches of MIMB Tyco from a few tables... including some standouts like a Sanka Center Flow, Operating Holly Sugar car, and Hooker Chemical 2nd version - for $2.50 ea, MIMB. The whole set of 40' high-cubes for $10. And a few common cars with PRISTINE decoration - better than you usually see. And to round it out, a bunch of late-revision Tyco/Mehano 50' boxcars for $2 - worth it for the Tyco roller-bearing trucks alone. Found a bunch of promotional cars that Seaboard System commissioned from Model Power back when they were formed... the boxes are relabeled with cool Seaboard System livery.

Spent way more than I expected - but came home with way more than that usually would have bought, too [:D]

The find of the show is going to NYC - another MINT D&H Shark! For a relative pittance. I'll indulge a recreation of the last operating prototypical set before it goes on its way.

I hope they get a bigger room next year to handle the crowd... and that said same crowd didn't vow never to return to the crush.

Edited by - GoingInCirclez on January 28 2007 10:08:21 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Dupo Illinois Train Show... Topic Next Topic: The Maryland/ WV Model RR Club Spring Show  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000