Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Forum Related
 Test the Forums here.
 Leaving Forum/Apology Wanted
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Test image upload from ipad Topic Next Topic: Tech 2 Loco Motion 2500 using #56 switch control  

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  3:34:47 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
I Would like An Apology From Some One Who I Shall Not name, But They know Who They Are. In The Form Of PM, I Was Sent This:

Please stop spamming the forum with dozens of useless posts, and resurrecting long dead threads just to bump up your post count. It's ticking people off. This forum isn't your personal doodle pad. I'm tired of wading through your spam just to get to something useful.

Note The Use Of Please Only Once. If You Want Something Useful out of Me, Than Be Kind. This Person, Who Shall Remain Unknown, Was Not Kind. Had They Been Kinder In There Response, Than I Would Not Be Typing This.

Thanks To Those Who Helped Me.
For Those Who Traded me For Something, Those Trades Are Still Live Unless Noted. MB, The Hopper Is Yours. Redneck Justin, The Class J Is Yours. AMCGremlinGT, You Still Get The Chassi.

Thanks For Taking The Time To Read This.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - September 29 2011 :  3:43:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Sayin' goodbye huh? Nothing wrong with replyin' to 'em older posts! Kinda rekindles 'em and other members may reply. Its a forum and no rule says ya can't do what yer a doin' Mr. CNVIATyco. There is some grouchy members!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 29 2011 :  3:49:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
CVT:

Since I am privvy to who sent you that message, I would say; you may want to step back and consider there have been a few clues that not everyone was excited or happy about this run amuck posting you have been doing.

Now since this is public I'm not going to take it further than that, but I would say i don't think the fella who sent you that PM and who has been on here a long time and who has numerous times been helpful to other members owes you an apology.

I will also tell you that had he not done so I probably would have sent you a PM last night after the threads you activated hit 43.

So again, step back and consider where you are.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - September 29 2011 :  3:50:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
posting old postings is ok in my eyes if you have something positive or negative to add to it ie constructive,as long as it is one or the other,otherwise whats the point?ken
Edited by - catfordken on September 29 2011 4:03:49 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  4:23:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Thanks You Guys. I Just Want An Appology From This Person. They Are A Big Boy, Which Should Give Something Away. Im Back!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - September 29 2011 :  4:57:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist
I don't know who sent him that PM.....but I sure would like to buy him a steak dinner !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 385  ~  Member Since: August 08 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 10 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - September 29 2011 :  5:06:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:
I don't know who sent him that PM.....but I sure would like to buy him a steak dinner !!!

Originally posted by taycotrains - September 29 2011 :  4:57:44 PM

You're on, Bob! Outback sounds good!

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  5:08:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Thats Selfish. Nor Does It Sound Like An Apology.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 29 2011 :  5:09:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I see like this . Our posts, tho some are unrelated questions, some pats on the back and some negative. You can't make all the people happy all the time. It is just how it is. If you pull up a old post and add to it, nothing wrong with that. Especially if you added more related information.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  5:11:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Thanks Toptrain.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 29 2011 :  5:42:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oph relax guys & whoever was complaining Jeez I love reading old posts Some remind me when I 1st joined up & since then my collection of Tycos & others has gone into the 100s
Some of you is envious & wowed as to what I find & post in here
I will admit I go just abit crazy sometimes I apologize for that but this is a FUN site Love meeting in here & chatting, trading, selling & sometimes buying stuff from you
I has also leaned much from Tony Cook's site & in here too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  5:56:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Amen Microbusss! Its Nice To Read Old Posts. I Do It Because Ive Been Here Only A Few Months, And They Were posted Before My Time.

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - September 29 2011 :  6:25:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
I've been OK with it...Spurgeon once said, "Record your sermons that you may look back and weep." By golly there've been a couple times when I looked back and said, "I wrote what?"
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  6:35:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Thanks Shay-man.

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  6:50:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Heres My Appreciation Toptrain, Walt, Shaygetz, And Redneck Justin. And Im Back! Check This out! I Took All Of My E units out And Set Them Up For A Photo Shoot!

Thanks Guys! Tell me What You Think!

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - September 29 2011 :  7:05:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Very fine selection there! I do likes the ACL!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  7:10:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Ive Got More, But There Repeats. Nice Engines, Life Like. Good Runners. The PRR Is Atlas RR. It Is The One For AMCGremlinGT.

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - September 29 2011 :  7:28:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
Heres My Appreciation Toptrain, Walt, Shaygetz, And Redneck Justin.

Originally posted by CNVIATyco - September 29 2011 :  6:50:15 PM

So...when do we get them?
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - September 29 2011 :  7:28:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Look to be N or HO.

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  7:34:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
It Was The Picture! I Dont Have Lots To Get Rid Of Every Day. (even Though I Wish) Howd You Like Them?

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - September 29 2011 :  7:38:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
It Was The Picture! I Dont Have Lots To Get Rid Of Every Day. (even Though I Wish) Howd You Like Them?

Originally posted by CNVIATyco - September 29 2011 :  7:34:58 PM

Rats... Nice pic though...

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  7:46:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
I Can Get Better Pics On The Layout Tommorow. Time To Run Some Trains!

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:12:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Personally, I read more than a few of the older posts that had been replied to, some I hadn't read because I'm still fairly new, and I do NOT normally go back and search through the whole forum for material to read. It was Ok for the most part, and if I got tired of just reading some of CNVIA's comments, I just skipped them. You veteran guys could have just noted who posted last, and ignored all "new" posts with his name. Tch. You're not obligated to open each new post ya know. I was shocked to see 48 posts when I logged in that one time a few days ago. But again, I DID get some new posts to read that I had never read before, due to their age, thanks to CNVIA. If he rained on your parades, at least some of us got a silver lining to enjoy. Sorry you guys already "know" everything posted here, but I sure don't. I enjoyed reading most of them. ANd skipped the ones I had no interest in, either. The Next key works on my keyboard.

Jerry in Virginia

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:13:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
CVT:

No one minds if you read an old thread, that's fine. But apparently you find it neccesary to comment on every single one of them. A lot of the comments are just not that useful, they appear to serve no other purpose than allowing you to verbalize.

Nickleplate sent you a PM. He found what you're doing was irritating. You chose to make it public and start crying about it. Fun is fine, but you may want to make sure your fun is shared by most if not all.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:18:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
I Didnt Cry About It. If He Found It Irritating, An You And 2 Others Did, However Everyone Else Enjoyed It, It Goes Uneven. In That Case, I Win.
I Get What Everyone Was Saying, And I Can Try To Do It, But I Joined In July. It Is September. Most People Joined Years Ago. I Didnt. Hence I Look Back At What Was Before My Time. AMCGremlinGT is Right.

Edited by - CNVIATyco on September 29 2011 9:21:48 PM

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:24:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
CVT;

Really, that's what you concluded is it, that you have a quorum based on the postings?

You're welcome to "your" supporters, I'm not going to debate with a kid.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:29:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
But you See, I Have Walt, Redneck Justin, Microbuss, Catfordken, and AMCGremlinGT.
Note That All Of Them Are Big Boys Except For Redneck Justin, And Hes Inching toward It.

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:30:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:
An You And 2 Others Did, However Everyone Else Enjoyed It, It Goes Uneven. In That Case, I Win.
Originally posted by CNVIATyco - September 29 2011 :  9:18:00 PM

A truly immature response.

It's not about winning, CNVT, it's about forum etiquette and respect for those who were here before you. Resurrecting dead threads, particularly when no new useful information is offered, or even worse, to bump up one's forum status is frowned upon in all forums and borders on troll behavior. If I had done what you have at your age and been called out for it, I would have been embarrassed and apologetic. Of course, I never would have done this in the first place out of respect, the same reason I don't do it now.

Otherwise, we might as well just rename this the CNVIATyco Forum and be done with it. All those in favor, say "Aye!"

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:33:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
If By Voting, I Leave This Forum. Goodbuy! You Win. But At Least I Wont be Playing Video Games All Day. Itll Give Me More Time To Play With My Trains.

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:36:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Again, no point, you clearly believe you are above reproach.

Anywho, Anybody catch any of that amazing night of Baseball last night!? Boston's Curse of the Bambino may be back!?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:40:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Maybe I Owe You An Apoloby.

I Owe You This.
Im Sorry. This Might Have Hurt Me More Than It Did You.

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:42:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
I Regret What I Did. Can You Forgive Me? Or Does This Need To Be Done Via PM?

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:46:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Aye!

Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - September 29 2011 :  9:58:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist
Well all I have to say is this.......Anybody who thinks this kids postings have some "substance" then should consider joining your local chapter of this club...

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 385  ~  Member Since: August 08 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 10 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  10:05:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Im Begining To Think I Should Have Never Joined This Forum. Except For A Few People Who Have PMd Me Multiple Times About Trading, Im Just Another Person. Can You Delete Your Name And All, And All Your Posts? I Might Just Do That And Leave The Forum To Big Boys.

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - September 29 2011 :  10:13:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
CVT, If you have something interesting to add to a long buried thread,I'm sure almost no one will have a problem with that.
But posting on old threads with mindless jibberish is only going to annoy some folks.
I admit to being annoyed yesterday when I checked the new threads and found most of them to be re-hashed old threads,with silly commentary.
There is no need to leave this fine forum,you just have to learn how things work,and maybe a little patience.
We all poke fun here,I'm guilty of that,but there are some serious talk here also.
In the future,just try to use better judgement before posting your responses.

Regards,
Carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  10:16:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
I will, But If Someone like NKP759 Will Actualy Not Try To Pick On Someone, I Could Shut My Mouth.

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 29 2011 :  10:27:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
choochin3
I Would Do What You Said, But Im Afraid That NKP759 Wants Me Off Of This Forum With All The bashing Hes Done In 24 Hours. Its Incredible. Ive Had Enough For Today. Check With You Tommorow.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 29 2011 :  10:44:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I've watched this on & off all day and must say that I am quite sorry to see this happen to anyone on the forum. I like all the guys here on the forum and I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes with my opinion.
If I'm correct NYC is the owner of the forum and I believe only he should be the one to send a message such as CVT received. I've dealt with Todd a little and I am certain that he would do so in a pleasant way.
I was happy to see CVT come on the forum and enjoy himself (or atleast attempt to). I hope more young people get interested in Tyco trains. These are the guys that will keep these old trains alive long after I'm gone... that is if we let'em

This is a toy train forum and I don't think there's any rules posted now It's free!! So why should we argue about what someone else does.

I've been on the fiorum now for 2 or 3 years. CVT has been on a few months. Does that make me superior over him? I hope not. Do I feel superior over him? No I don't.

So we have a toy/hobby train forum. There's nothing so important here that if I have to sift thru 43 of CVT's old threads, I'm gonna miss something. It's not like we're searching for a cure for Cancer here.

I don't search on the forum very often, so I enjoyed a couple of the threads CVT brought up. I just wish CVT would stop making fun of my spelling typo's

Of course this is only my opinion, I very well may be wrong...

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 29 2011 :  10:57:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Walt:

I think for me, well seniority isn't the only thing, but it has some value for the old and the young alike. W'e're missing some of that in our culture. Not the only thing to be sure but important.

I don't mind old threads most of them I rmember or participated in excepting those of MagAc's who left just before I came aboard. The thing is a throwaway comment by CVT leaves his moniker on that thread and I don't see who else has posted last before him. Some of the threads I open not because of the subject but because of the person commenting. I may not have much interest per se in the topic, but because someone like NP or Shaygetz has posted a comment I'll probably look, or GIC. Just because odds are it will be worth my while. I've learned that over several years on this forum. BTW, please don't email me if I didn't name you! I could have chosen from a dozen names, they just spring to mind. So i'm stuck opening thread after thread to see. Kinda like looking through a curtain rather than pulling it aside and looking out the window. It's the issue of volume then, how often I have to repeat this while someone indulges themselves.

I hope that makes sense.

Btw, None of the above is spoken; "Ex cathedra"

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - September 29 2011 :  11:09:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
I don't mind reading old threads, in fact they may entice more membership. And bringing up old threads every now and again ensures that new members and old are reminded of the valuable information contained there.

Seems to be cranky, wining day...

Peace...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 29 2011 :  11:22:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Yeah MIke,

Until the volume reaches Spamming levels, then it's a problem.

I also don't hink having/wanting some standards is a reflection of being cranky any more than wanting less reflects wanting Anarchy.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

Edited by - romcat on September 29 2011 11:36:31 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 29 2011 :  11:27:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Gareth,
I understand what you are saying. I too, check out comments made by common names here on the forum...

I'm not too worried about CVT,, as I see it if we can just keep MICROBUSSS under control we've all done something right!!!

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 29 2011 :  11:37:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Maybe they are the sa....... shhhhh

-gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - September 29 2011 :  11:54:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:
Maybe they are the sa....... shhhhh

-gareth

Originally posted by romcat - September 29 2011 :  11:37:40 PM

You don't mean.... Micro-Tyco?

The Tyco Depot

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - September 30 2011 :  01:11:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
...I haven't posted on here in months. I haven't even lurked until lately. And this is why. I was thinking about posting some recent finds, but now why would I bother? The cops will show up, and tell you you broke the law.

Since I don't care, and have nothing to lose, here's how I see it:

There's nothing wrong in resurrecting old threads. That's how many of us come to this forum. It's an internet forum. Random people find random things to talk about. Who cares, that's how the internet works. It's not a local coffee shop discussion, nor is it the evening news. I don't know what great sin was committed to warrant this discussion, but what does it matter? If you don't like what's being said, click the little white "X" in the red box in the upper right corner of your screen. This is all just entertainment anyway. If this CNVIATyco guy wants to respond to every thread ever discussed with meaningless jibberish, so what?

This is the only forum I've been on that I've ever been "scolded" for posting too much. It's ridiculous. If someone makes a post, and I reply with a comment like "That's a great loco." I get someone telling me that I'm responding too much. I learned that early on. I was told by moderators that I replied too often. From that moment, I've never known what was appropriate to say here. On other internet forums, there is a nearly constant conversation, but on here you have to wait for something really profound to enter your thoughts before you reply.

There are numerous unwritten rules for what qualifies a legitimate post on here. This came up in the past over off-topic discussions. Several topics were okay, then randomly someone (romcat) stepped in to shut down certain discussions.

This forum definitely has its quirks.

There are a a few of "old guys" that don't seem to contribute anymore. They're on here, they've forgotten more than most of us know about trains, and they have PM's, but they don't post. I've talked to a couple "old guys" and they seem to think this forum isn't worth it. Too much drama. That's all I'll say about that.

The people who do still post are a mixed lot. Some are polite and helpful, some are dictators looking for a country to run, and some are just random guys. For a forum devoted to cheap toy trains, there's an awful lot of snobbery and elitism here.

The average post goes like this: A guy, we'll call him Joe, makes a post. Joe puts up a picture of a train he saw in a local town. Microbusss tells him he put it in the wrong thread, then asks him if he wants to give it away or sell it. Nothing wrong with that, that's just what Microbusss does. He's an average guy. Several others comment, often with condescending remarks or criticism. Perhaps the loco in the picture wasn't good enough, and they need to counter it with an amazing brass model, perfectly detailed and flawless in its design. Guys like shaygetz offer sage advice and promote healthy discussion. The discussion continues, and then officer romcat comes along and tells everyone to move along. Once we have romcat's holy blessing and forgiveness, we can go about our business.

So much for "toy" trains.

EDIT: I want to add to this, because now I took the time to go back and look at CNVIATyco's posts. This guy has taken the time to comment, and now he's being attacked? Seriously? It looks like he's trying to stimulate discussion, much like I have in the past. Discussion is one thing this forum lacks. Instead, we're supposed to bow our heads in reverence to the anointed few who have incredible toy trains to show off. We then wait our turns until we have something worthy to offer.

I said it before, and I want to repeat it: this is the only internet forum I've ever been on that discourages discussion. Why do people post things on here, if they don't want people like CNVIATyco commenting on it? If an average person does a Google search for a Tyco train, they might stumble along this forum. They might find a very old topic. That might inspire them to comment. Is that wrong? Will romcat lecture them?

This whole situation is disappointing.

Edited by - burlington77 on September 30 2011 01:34:43 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 30 2011 :  06:54:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
What About MB? Hes Probably Posted 1000 "I Wants" or "Gimmie"s On His Time here.

Im Not Picking On You MB. Im On Yourside.

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - September 30 2011 :  07:39:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i love this forum,its been a great help to me in my ongoing search for knowledge regarding model trains,it has also been a great help via members support when i had personnel problems,i will admit some of the postings by our fellow member CNVIATyco ,seemed pointless to me but on reflection,and from what he said in his defence,if that's the right word,he did nothing wrong,can we all not agree to disagree on this issue and start a fresh page,and get on with what's important here,having fun,learning,and posting items of interest to some if not all,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 30 2011 :  07:47:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Thanks Catfordken. Im Trying To Help Those Who Are Like Me To Find The Older topic.
For Example, Sombody Told Me About An Older Post With The GN 430. I Found It, And made It Alive For A Short Peirod Of Time. I Bet Some People Completly forgot about that post.

Hey You Guys, To Save Time WHen Saying my Username, Use CVT. It Sounds Like Central Vermont But Its Much Shorter.

Edited by - CNVIATyco on September 30 2011 08:15:24 AM

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - September 30 2011 :  08:38:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
B77:

I suggest, that other than voicing my opinion about postings about tragedies in a thread, (which I did just as a memebr, I wasn't a moderator then) that at no time did I in a role as a moderator tell you you were posting too much. So, here's what I'll do. Invite you to find the thread where I say to you, As a forum moderator I want you to stop....
Not some place where I say; I think, or don't you think, but actually use the expression your apparent hyperbole suggests. Not a personal difference of view, but where it actually resembles your accusation.

That's it from my end.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

Admin
Forum Admin

GilbertBuildingAvatar

Posted - September 30 2011 :  10:11:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Admin to Buddylist
Thread Locked.

Please take up a matter that was sent privately by private means. Taking this public isn't the answer.

Thank you for your consideration and contributions.

Todd
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 80  ~  Member Since: July 25 2001  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Test image upload from ipad Topic Next Topic: Tech 2 Loco Motion 2500 using #56 switch control  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000