Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 23 ]  [ Total: 23 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Can anyone ID these passenger cars?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Who made these? Topic Next Topic: Memory Jog  

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 30 2015 :  11:18:00 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I picked up some old passenger cars at a hobby shop a couple of weeks back. The floors are wood and the bodies are metal (I think...hard to tell through the paint). The trucks are Central Valley.

Any ideas? The shop owner thought they were old Walthers kits.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator 

PGE33
Hudson

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - July 31 2015 :  12:11:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PGE33 to Buddylist
Eric, how is the roof attached?
A large screw through the floor at each end?
They do look like old Walthers, looking at old instructions I have.
My cars are later ones with the plastic roof.
Those cars do look great.
As the 'Busss would say, I wants!
Evan
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 505  ~  Member Since: August 09 2014  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - July 31 2015 :  10:23:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
The wood bits glued almost willy-nilly along the bottom smack of Walthers (even in 0). Run into a whole lot of Walthers with non-removeable roofs, so....I see one hole at one end not used for a truck kingpin, but not the other.
CV's are nice.
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 350  ~  Member Since: April 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - December 05 2015 :  12:59:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
There are other companies that made this sort of coach kit, such as O.K. and Rail Chief. O.K. seems the least likely to me, as they used talgo couplers (and their truck frames are a bit lacking in relief) and didn't provide any blocks or dowels for use in detailing the undercarriage. Of course, these are secondhand models and thus might have aftermarket details and trucks.

That being said, based on the difference in the pieces present on the undercarriages I would say that the baggage car is from a different manufacturer than the other two.

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 05 2015 :  11:44:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Beautiful old coaches, great photo. Even on your trolley layout, this looks
great.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - December 19 2015 :  6:49:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
Either Walthers (may be modified) or JC Silversides. Would have to check Hoseeker to confirm.
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Who made these? Topic Next Topic: Memory Jog  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000