Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 What's Old/New... Update Addition
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: OLD AZZ New Guy!!  (w/PICTURES!) Topic Next Topic: ahm boxcars  

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - July 18 2015 :  12:22:21 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Here, some have waited... Added new shelf unit See my latest entry.

John/Zebrails

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?

Edited by - zebrails on September 01 2015 7:59:05 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator 

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - July 21 2015 :  12:28:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
Here, some have waited...

John/Zebrails

Originally posted by zebrails - July 18 2015 :  12:22:21 PM

I sent a message. I've made efforts. When I get no response, I just stop coming back.
If you want my input, please let me know. Otherwise, I shall feel "put-out" and will just go away.

John
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 21 2015 :  12:50:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi john,its great to see you posting,not sure if you were here other week,a bit of a blow up,do not want to go into that,just to say nothing to do with me,its been quiet of recent,but am sure it will get back to normal,and nice to watch the video ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 22 2015 :  9:06:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Wow, quite a collection, John. And variety, too. The layout is very busy, but seems very functional. I like the automobiles on top of the boxcars, heh heh! Illegal immigrant cars? What was the sign on the side of that lone fast engine running around? Couldn't read it. Wish I had that much room for trackage. Thanks for posting that.

Jerry in VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - July 28 2015 :  04:37:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Running loco with a sign... it's a ALCo S1 that wants to be a demonstrator... Seriously, I want the demo version of the S1, so I have a printed sign of the ALCO emblem on it.

This layout used to be hooked up to a timer... 8:00, click... chsshhhhhhh... U30B demo # 302 fires up and starts to roll. I slept on a couch almost tucked right under the mainline... it's just what I wanted... and dreamed about ever since I saw the scene in the first "Arthur" movie with Dudley Moore.

Anyway... I will add to the YouTube blog in a couple days giving a greater explanation to the turmoil I have been dealing with...

I'm glad you've watched the video. I wish more people would. I need the encouragement... my depression is wanting to come back in full force.

John

"I love your catenary!"
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 28 2015 :  1:47:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Quite a collection you have there. That literally dwarfs my collection of trains.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - July 29 2015 :  11:34:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
I have an idea...

When I get a couple of shelves put up, and these shelves are 8 foot long, three foot high, I will display my locomotives... and make a short video with them displayed. I will use better lighting so that y'all get a good look at them.
And then, you see, I need the motivation to get my table put together... you make requests to see a particular locomotive run (provided it isn't a dummy or mechanically void of motivation.) I will do my best to describe the loco's...
Granted, my new room is not the glorious 5 foot by 28 foot space (with that nice straight mainline), but I have planned (in my head) about having two layers/levels...

Anyway, like I said, I need the motivation... and encouragement. While I cannot show this "video" to the general public in my own neighbourhood, I can still show it to y'alls... because that is what keeps me going.

Then again, isn't that what this forum is for?

John/Zebrails

"I love your catenary!"

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 29 2015 :  11:37:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
great idea cannot wait to see em ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 31 2015 :  10:20:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Nothing cures my depressive state like working on a long-dormant HO engine, and watching it come back to life, either at my shop, or at home ( or at my money job, when I secretly work on a few there in the morning before the Big Guns show up for work :) ) . Looks like you got a start on me on the layout side, I'm busy working on my collection, bringing more back to life. I hope to make some progress on my outdoor deck HO railroad this year, but was busy with getting the 2nd home ready for sale, among other things. One step at a time....

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - September 01 2015 :  7:55:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Okay... here's part two of my installment. Not all locomotives are present, but this is the gist of my collection.

You might need to zoom in to see them better. I do have two more views that show left and right halves of this shelf.

Not much in particular order other than most demo's on second level and steam on last two shelves...

Enjoy.

John

"I love your catenary!"
  Previous Topic: OLD AZZ New Guy!!  (w/PICTURES!) Topic Next Topic: ahm boxcars  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000