Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Okay, who made this container?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Who made this engine Topic Next Topic: Soo Line Flat Car ID Help Requested  

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - March 01 2015 :  11:38:45 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
I bought a 40 foot container today that looks exactly like the one at the top of this page:

http://tycotrain.tripod.com/pemcorailwaysystem/id8.html

Except: It's yellow, not silver, and it's not marked Pemco.

Anyone want to hazard a guess who made it? I wonder why Pemco chose to copy the artwork for someone else's 40 foot wood reefer for their container?

Also, wish I could find about a dozen of the Sea-Land ones.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 02 2015 :  4:23:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I'd not mind some of them cars & containers
Course I wants the FedEx & US Mail ones MP made
& some custom ones with Walmart Kmart & Target on them too

Now its possible they might be Atherns too idk
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - March 03 2015 :  8:33:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
The Dubuque one?
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - March 03 2015 :  11:35:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
That would be the one at the top of the page, yes.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - March 03 2015 :  11:48:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
Pemco was an offshoot of a few manufacturers including AHM, Model Power, late TYCO, Life Like...

They also did not mark all their rolling stock including locomotives. Their GG1's are a good example of copied AHM/RivaRossi's production line. Albeit only one "truck" was powered.

If it isn't marked... it's a PEMCO.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - March 04 2015 :  3:23:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
From the linked page, these containers are marked Pemco, there's a nice picture of the cast in lettering. That's why I made this post.

Pemco was where the guys canned from Tyco went and all of their items were all new in 1978 or so. When it went bust some of the items turned up marketed by other names, like AHM.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Who made this engine Topic Next Topic: Soo Line Flat Car ID Help Requested  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000