Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 New member checking in!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Member Saying Thank You Topic Next Topic: Atlas  Railroad Crossing Flasher  

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - October 18 2009 :  6:14:40 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Finally! I've been trying to get on here for over a month! I love this forum. I've been into HO scale railroading for years, but this site really introduced me to TYCO. I'm a little caught off guard here...I didn't expect my login to work, because I never got a confirmation email. I'm going to get some pics ready and I'll post more later!

By the way...I've been talking to another member, DJdetrainman, through his blog. I'm the Patrick that he mentioned in a post. Thanks for helping me out, man!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator 

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 18 2009 :  8:40:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Welcome aboard!! Look forward to your pictures and or videos
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - October 18 2009 :  8:41:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
Welcome. I'm the lone admin here and have just returned to the forums after a long hiatus. Sorry for the delay in you getting aboard.

Tell DJdetrainman to check his email also, I reset his password.

Again, welcome and hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - October 18 2009 :  8:50:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Okay, so now that I have some time to sit down, here's some more about me.

I'm 32, married with one kid, and a I'm a high school teacher.

I started model railroading in the early 90's with a 4 x 8 Life-Like two train set from the Christmas catalog. That expanded through Junior High and early High School into a slightly more complicated layout with some better equipment. Unfortunately, I packed it all away through the last half of college and the first years of marriage. I tried to build a new layout in 2001, but had to tear it down before it was finished so I could sell the house.

Last summer my daughter (5 yrs) and I started building a new layout in a shed/garage we have outside. I've got an L-shaped layout, and she's got her own little 4x6. We've got track and some buildings down, but not much scenery other than mountains. I'll post some pics soon.

I really missed TYCO. I remember seeing it here and there, but I always thought of it as "toys" instead of "models." The only piece I ever owned was a Shazam! boxcar, which I bought because I'm also a comic book fan. I really wish I'd paid more attention. That's what I love about this site...it's all about fun with trains. I spent too much time trying to "model" things. Now I just want to play with trains.

I also recently got a postwar Lionel set. It's been a lot of fun, but I think the price will keep me from expanding much.

Patrick
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - October 18 2009 :  9:24:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
Welcome aboard...sounds like you'll fit in perfectly here!

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - October 18 2009 :  9:55:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Welcome Burlington, I live in Burlington, Ontario...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 18 2009 :  10:07:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Welcome burlington77! I hope your pal DJ can get back!
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - October 18 2009 :  10:22:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Nice to see you getting back into it, welcome to the site!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 19 2009 :  11:27:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Welcome Well aside the Shazaam car there is Superman Batman & Wonder Woman too Which I have the latter 2
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - October 19 2009 :  2:44:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
I've got all the super hero cars as well, but I picked them up on ebay only recently.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 19 2009 :  4:05:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Welcome aboard Burlington! I think everyone here "just wants to play with trains" Can't wait to see your pics BTW!

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - October 21 2009 :  11:18:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Patrick -- Welcome!! to a very fun site with GREAT people!! Don't be afraid to post any pictures of layout or anything else. You will discover a new family here. Feel free to ask questions and like DaCheez said -- Everyone here has fun running trains whether they are Tyco or not. Glad you jumped aboard
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DJdeTrainman
Little Six

NJTransitAvatar

Posted - October 22 2009 :  5:57:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DJdeTrainman to Buddylist
Hey, Patrick! It's great to see you around. If it wasn't for your heads up, I may never have made it back on the wonderful, yet sometimes frustrating, Tyco Forums!!!
D.J. (Yeah, I'm "that kid"... Deal.)

http://railroadrandomness.blogspot.com/
Look; a new blog...

Yippee!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 157  ~  Member Since: February 05 2009  ~  Last Visit: June 05 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 07 2010 :  9:24:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hello B77. Wellllllcome.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on May 07 2010 9:25:25 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SOU2645
Big Six

Posted - May 17 2010 :  8:33:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SOU2645 to Buddylist
I may as well introduce myself - Im Larry, 34 years old and a full time engineer for NS. I got my first trainset at age 8 - a Tyco set with a Santa Fe (mantua) GP20 plus a Santa Fe Athearn F7A dummy (warbonnet) was included. Have had a few Tyco cars over the years but my main love is classic Athearn. I have a large collection of HO diesels from all manufacturers - but Athearn bluebox kits are near and dear to me as they are the thing I most saw growing up in the 1980's/90's. As mentioned in other threads I have several classic/rare/error Athearn units - the most uncommon being the IMC GP7 (9) from the rare trainset from the early 1960's. As of today I just got my Hi-F drive CB&Q F7A running like its new too.
Larry-SOU2645
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 251  ~  Member Since: May 04 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pacific Surfliner
Switcher

Posted - May 18 2010 :  02:32:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pacific Surfliner to Buddylist
Hello everyone. I just joined your Forum and am honored to be a member. I was extremly pleased to discover your TYCO HO-Scale Trains Resource site. It's been wonderful re-discovering TYCO's again (To relive those wonderful childhood hours spent around my trainset). I've accumulated about 80% of the TYCO's made, within the last 6 months. When I was cataloging my rolling stock I noticed that there was a question mark for the letter on the Cities Services Tank Car # 315. I just purchased one with the box (red) and the missing letter is G. I can forward you the picture if you'd like. Thanks for letting me touch base with you, as we all have a passion for TYCO. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow railroaders.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 8  ~  Member Since: May 18 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 06 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: New Member Saying Thank You Topic Next Topic: Atlas  Railroad Crossing Flasher  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000