Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 TYCO pre-production GG1 brunswick green
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO prototype  GM+O Diesel Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production City of New Orleans close up  

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - March 23 2008 :  7:18:35 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
never made, a half dozen exist from what I was told. Here is mine, do you think it is painted or molded in green? A close-up is in the LotW March 23-30. -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
Edited by - TYCO-TOWN Trains on March 23 2008 7:19:32 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 24 2008 :  8:00:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
My guess is that it's painted. My Tuscan GG1 is. Not sure about my Amtrak. They should have done it!
Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on March 24 2008 8:01:17 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - March 29 2008 :  11:44:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
I'm probably wasting my fingers since it seems you (Tyco-Town) still do not reply to people, but I have to take my chances and ask: How do you know there were only 6 made; who knows and shared this info? I'm not questioning the accuracy of the statement, but I'm excited if you found a new source??

~~~~~~~~~~~

In response to YOUR question, the sheen makes me think it is painted. Unpainted plastic is more flat / satin in appearance yet that loco is uniform glossy around all the compound curves. Also, Tampos / printing (the stripes and decals on the GG1) do not stick well to unpainted plastic.

Edited by - GoingInCirclez on March 29 2008 11:45:28 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - March 29 2008 :  2:19:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
Painted is correct. The six pieces made was told to me by the TYCO employee they came from. -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - March 29 2008 :  2:49:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Thanks for the reply Bob. Is this a new Tyco employee, or were you able to track the original source of your collection?

Please don't take me as being nosey... I'm just genuinely curious about Tyco and if there is an available former employee out there, I need to be in touch with him or her...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - March 29 2008 :  4:33:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
I was able to track down and speak to the source of my collection and I substantiated a lot of the assumptions I was told. I must say I did take exception to the comment about sill not replying to people. I did not realize your forum issue was with me. Now I know so I will be more careful in getting back to people in a timely manner. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I tried to PM you this info but it bounced back saying you were not accepting any PM's. -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - March 29 2008 :  4:53:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Hi Bob,

I'm sorry if you were offended, my intent was not to needle you hard. But I found it a little disheartening that after catching up on all the posts made in my absence over the past couple months, you'd had several inquiries from others (not just me) that you never replied to. Normally I wouldn't make it my business but then you yourself have asked me why nobody posted much about your stuff. I guess what I was trying to say is that it's a two way street... but maybe I could have been more tactful. Consider this a public apology of sorts then.

But, you gotta realize by now that you're essentially the "keymaster" of all Tyco rarities now, so people can get antsy and if you seemingly ignore them, it doesn't look too good...

At any rate, I do always appreciate what you share here, and look forward to more. Timely replies facilitate a healthy exchange of ideas and info, and foster more interest, which is a win-win [^].

I was not accepting PMs when I was gone. They should be allowed now, but I will double-check.

BTW I forgot to say, that looks like a very odd shade of green... is it the same as the roof on the Miller HighLife car? That's an another odd one. Pea Soup Puke Green... some things really are better left in the 70's! But we do have a couch that color... [Oops!]

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - March 29 2008 :  5:38:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey GIC:

That sofa colour is perfect for the baby's age. All that spit up won't be noticed unless you sit on it. Otherwise it will blend unless it was mashed carrots!!!

-Gareth
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - March 29 2008 :  7:05:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
The green color really is a pea green of sorts and is darker than the roof on the Miller car. My situation is a catch 22. The last thing I want to do is offend people by seeming like I know it all. Fact is, ALL of you guys know more about HO trains than I do and ALL of you know more about TYCO HO trains than I do. back to the trains.......... [Yeah!]
Bob the Slot Car Guy

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 17 2020 :  10:38:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:
never made, a half dozen exist from what I was told. Here is mine, do you think it is painted or molded in green? A close-up is in the LotW March 23-30. -Bob

Originally posted by TYCO-TOWN Trains - March 23 2008 :  7:18:35 PM

Attractive GG1 with Penn Central in the background.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 18 2020 :  12:03:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A striking piece, the layout looks perfect to the Tyco theme.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: TYCO prototype  GM+O Diesel Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production City of New Orleans close up  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000