Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 TYCO pre-production Western Pacific Turbo Train
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production Pinkerton Detective Agency car  

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - February 09 2008 :  10:23:26 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
This unit would have really been cool if TYCO followed thru and created some of the different road names in the Turbo Train line. Prehaps they were deciding what engine should pull the freight car set and went with the Santa Fe. Either way, this and others would have been unique. enjoy, -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 09 2008 :  1:12:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Oh man!! That is one awesome paint job! How was this ones body made? It's not quite the same as the ones they actually sold, but it looks to good to be hand-made.

-cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - August 27 2023 :  02:03:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
The train is a prototype that was created but never released for the Tyco Turbo Train series. I was lucky enough to acquire this train from an estate auction. While it was never intended to run on normal train tracks i just love the futuristic feel of the train on the rustic train layouts. I will eventually release this as part of my drawings/review of the Tyco Turbo Train sets.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 9  ~  Member Since: August 27 2023  ~  Last Visit: October 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 27 2023 :  10:04:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Welcome aboard. Nice photos of the rare set and your layout.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5879  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - August 27 2023 :  11:28:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Good find! Were there other prototypes in this estate auction? I remember when the original poster was first sharing pictures of the large batch of originals, but I can't remember what happened to the collection afterwards. I think it was split up and sold off at some point.

Nice layout and pictures!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - August 27 2023 :  1:22:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
This was the only train Prototype I got, I did get an early version of the Slot Car turbo Train. I find it and post is later
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 9  ~  Member Since: August 27 2023  ~  Last Visit: October 05 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - August 27 2023 :  1:30:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
The Locomotive is made from a front and rear section from the production train blended together, the Caboose is a single piece vacuformed to shape

quote:
Oh man!! That is one awesome paint job! How was this ones body made? It's not quite the same as the ones they actually sold, but it looks to good to be hand-made.

-cheez

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 09 2008 :  1:12:39 PM

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - August 27 2023 :  1:35:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
Comparison of all the Tyco Turbo Trains

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - August 27 2023 :  1:49:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
Just a few more images, looks nicer on an actual train layout

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - August 28 2023 :  11:51:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
The Locomotive is made from a front and rear section from the production train blended together, the Caboose is a single piece vacuformed to shape

quote:

-cheez

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 09 2008 :  1:12:39 PM

Originally posted by Jackill - August 27 2023 :  1:30:48 PM

Ah yes, I see it now, 15 years later. Love the shot with all the turbos together!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 28 2023 :  6:17:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I still missing the frieght set
Also wonder if Tyco-Town is still alive too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 31 2023 :  6:09:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Fabulous bump! Never knew about these odd balls!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11194  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 02 2023 :  11:47:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
Attended the "North Texas Council of Railroad Clubs" Train Show in Plano Texas and I was able to place the Tyco Turbo Train Prototype on the "Spring Creek Rail Road" display, just like to see it in the wild.

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 03 2023 :  12:00:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
Attended the "North Texas Council of Railroad Clubs" Train Show in Plano Texas and I was able to place the Tyco Turbo Train Prototype on the "Denton Area Model Railroad Club" layout, just like to see it in the wild.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 03 2023 :  12:33:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The miracle of Tyco: thought I'd seen every variant of Tyco ever made, then this comes up!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11194  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 03 2023 :  12:40:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
Went to the "Texas Northern Model Railroad Club" in Plano Texas and I was able to place the Tyco Turbo Train Prototype on the their layout, just like to see it in the wild.

Jackill
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 03 2023 :  01:04:11 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jackill to Buddylist
Went to the "Texas Western Model Railroad Club" in Forest Hill Texas and I was able to place the Tyco Turbo Train Prototype on the their layout, just like to see it in the wild.

Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production Pinkerton Detective Agency car  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000