Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Maintenance & Repair Shop
 Replacement Screws
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Clemetine Restoration Topic Next Topic: Tyco handrail ?  

Patrick777777
Switcher

Steam

Posted - May 05 2024 :  10:23:32 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Patrick777777 to Buddylist
Hello! I'm new to the site.

I have a few Tyco steamers which are missing the screw that connects their tender to the drawbar. I'm a little tired of swapping the screw between models, specially since that screw is chipped.

Do any of you know where I can get a suitable replacement?

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: April 02 2024  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator 

Strummer
Switcher

Posted - May 05 2024 :  10:50:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Strummer to Buddylist
eBay will probably have some listed somewhere...

BTW, that screw is not "chipped": that's a self-tapping screw (2-56, I believe) that appears on a great many Tyco/Mantua steamers...very handy to have.

Mark in Oregon
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 16  ~  Member Since: April 17 2024  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 06 2024 :  10:04:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
The screws on Mantua/Tyco locomotives are 2-56 screws and lots of places sell them. I have not found a source of the screws with the washer built into the head.

If worse came to worst, you could use a separate washer. Also, the drawbar screw at the tender wouldn't need a washer because the spade connector at the end of the wire from the motor serves as a washer.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2359  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Patrick777777
Switcher

Steam

Posted - May 07 2024 :  02:14:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Patrick777777 to Buddylist
Thank you guys for the information!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: April 02 2024  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Clemetine Restoration Topic Next Topic: Tyco handrail ?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000