Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 28 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 Came into a bunch of trains
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Eat It All Topic Next Topic: Seeking Replacement Varney Little Joe Motor  

Ozz
Switcher

CNRedAvatar

Posted - June 13 2023 :  8:43:12 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Ozz to Buddylist
Hi everyone.

I came into a bunch of trains, some vehicles that go behind them and a few (broken?) parts. I was going to hand them off to my little kid. But then I realized some of them might be uncommon and my kid might destroy them while playing with them.

Are any of these worth setting aside to preserve?

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: June 13 2023  ~  Last Visit: June 14 2023 Alert Moderator 

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 13 2023 :  9:15:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Welcome aboard Mr Oz. The observation car is hard to find in some areas.

Everything else appears to be plentiful on the internet and in train shows.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ozz
Switcher

CNRedAvatar

Posted - June 13 2023 :  9:33:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ozz to Buddylist
quote:

Welcome aboard Mr Oz. The observation car is hard to find in some areas.

Everything else appears to be plentiful on the internet and in train shows.

Originally posted by wks - June 13 2023 :  9:15:26 PM

Thanks for the welcome :).

Which one is the observation car? Sorry I am just starting to learn about trains since my kid is so obsessed with them.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: June 13 2023  ~  Last Visit: June 14 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - June 13 2023 :  9:41:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Are any of these worth setting aside to preserve?"

This one.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - June 14 2023 :  10:26:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Also the Canadian Locos but they seem to need some work The passenger car is the most valuble
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 15 2023 :  10:43:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Also the Canadian Locos but they seem to need some work The passenger car is the most valuble

Originally posted by thesiding - June 14 2023 :  10:26:12 AM

& that IS where the Rapido Trains got their name from too!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 16 2023 :  12:21:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

This brings up a real hazard of this hobby we share. It is so, so easy to side tracked (excuse
the pun) by the abundance of stuff out there. Worse, if one is not terribly picky, one can
end up with a massive train overload.

In my case, people kept giving me stuff and I kept taking it and overnight Tin Plate Henry
dropped five or six boxes of mostly cars upon me. Most by AHM, a few Tyco, Athearn, etc.
It took me hours to sift through everything and filled my available shelf space beyond the
limit.

Worse still, I couldn't bring myself to part with it. I mean, when was I going to see another
Three Dome Mobil Gas? After two years of trying to run as much of it as I could, I began to
force myself to cull a few items (LL Amtrak Caboose, e.g.) that "I would run back into
a burning house" to save. Gradually, I literally forced myself to box up the rest and
sell them as lots on eBay.

Surprisingly, boxes of broken junk, including motors working and non-working got
a hire bid average ($40 to $50 per crate) than the intact model trains ($6 to $15 per
crate).

Some things, like the ones WKS sent me, I have to keep. They are just too cool. Had to
hang onto all my Tyco Billboards, and only sold off a very few other Billboard brands, and
only the damaged ones that I didn't have the energy to repair.

All, in all, I reckon maybe I cleared about $200 and about twenty trips to the PO.
Numerous damage claims and lost claims, which I had to pay for out of pocket, because,
as I discovered filing a claim for L&D with USPS or UPS is nearly impossible. They just
ignore it.

My hat is off to modelers like RP, the guy that does Queensville, and a few
others who manage to maintain a certain focus.
Does anyone else suffer from this model train overload?

Edited by - Chops124 on June 16 2023 12:23:14 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11197  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 16 2023 :  11:49:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yes I do
got a bunch that needs gone
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - June 17 2023 :  11:29:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
HELL YEAH (should see my residence) and check MY e bay avinathan Did you ever see those pics I told you about?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: May 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Eat It All Topic Next Topic: Seeking Replacement Varney Little Joe Motor  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000