Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 20 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 transformers recycled
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Mexico Garden Railway Club Topic Next Topic: Steamtown.  

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 20 2022 :  6:28:53 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Sorry guys cleaning out my recycle/junk pile & had to eliminate transformers as I have super too many!

before I started

ones going to scrapyard to get recycled

Ones I keeping for now

Now I'm pretty sure all worked but time to get rid of what I don't need
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 22 2022 :  08:24:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
no one likes?

$137. 73 was the total for all the wires I had
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Gary B
Hudson

ChicagoNorthWesternAvatar

Posted - October 25 2022 :  1:15:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Gary B to Buddylist
Guy at the monthly DuPage show a few years ago had a box of these things. Told me to take all I wanted. Using them to power my layout lighting.
Master Of Plasticville
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 444  ~  Member Since: March 17 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 25 2022 :  7:41:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Guy at the monthly DuPage show a few years ago had a box of these things. Told me to take all I wanted. Using them to power my layout lighting.

Originally posted by Gary B - October 25 2022 :  1:15:22 PM

I have enuff for that anyway
hated to but Boat Anchors you know

a good idea is to UNPLUG them when not in use
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 26 2022 :  12:53:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yes, sometimes the accumulation of needful things becomes too much.

Interesting foot note: it turns out that maybe 3% of plastic that goes
into the recycle bins gets recycled. The other 97% ends up in landfill.
Reason is several fold: it is cheaper to make new plastic. Recycled plastic
gets toxic after two or three cycles. Plastic deteriorates to an unusable state
after a few cycles, too. So, all all this recycling thing is a
big, fat scam.

Edited by - Chops124 on October 26 2022 12:54:53 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: New Mexico Garden Railway Club Topic Next Topic: Steamtown.  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000