Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 22 ]  [ Total: 22 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Relco train & track cleaner
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: So You Want A Model Railroad Topic Next Topic: Tyco Church  

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 27 2022 :  4:45:10 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Anyone know about this?
have one?
used it?
will send me one?

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - September 27 2022 :  6:22:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
I remember those. It uses High frequency AC pulses to burn the crud off the rails. Because of this, it is incompatible with DCC.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 27 2022 :  7:40:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I remember those. It uses High frequency AC pulses to burn the crud off the rails. Because of this, it is incompatible with DCC.

Originally posted by jward - September 27 2022 :  6:22:42 PM

well good thing I don't RUN DCC Isn't it?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - September 27 2022 :  8:14:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
I had one once. I haven't seen it in years and don't remember what became of it. I don't recall that it did me any good.

Knowing what I know now, it seems like a bad idea. Most of the crud on the rails is caused by arcing. To solve the problem by arcing harder just doesn't sound right.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - September 29 2022 :  11:00:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by jward - September 27 2022 :  6:22:42 PM

well good thing I don't RUN DCC Isn't it?

Originally posted by microbusss - September 27 2022 :  7:40:56 PM

You don't. but others on this forum do.And we all read the posts. I'd hate to see somebody fry expensive electronics by using this with DCC.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 30 2022 :  12:35:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Sounds like a gimmick. I can't see an AC pulse burning crud off the
rails unless it was like 10,000 volts or something.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: So You Want A Model Railroad Topic Next Topic: Tyco Church  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000