Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Layouts - Construction and Operations
 Ephrata Valley RR "Mainline" - the 4'x8' project
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Ephrata Valley Railroad UPDATES Topic Next Topic: Red Mountain Railroad  

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 04 2021 :  10:06:32 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Many of you will recall the free 4'x8' layout I picked up a long time ago.....

Long story short, I pondered what to do with the layout, and developed a track plan, for a bi-level HO fictional layout, but never made any progress. The plywood sheet on top was badly warped, due to having no cross support under the tabletop. So, I built a "benchwork" frame out of 2x4's, flipped the original 4x8 plywood sheet over on its unpainted side, and screwed it down to the frame, preventing any major future bowing. Then, I installed new "banquet" folding table legs while reusing the original caster wheels (bought 1 new one), adding three extra inches to the height of the table through the use of fabricated 2x4 pieces for the table leg brackets to attach to the underside of the tabletop. The final result is a much sturdier, heavier, and non-bowed 4x8 table! The only additional costs, beside hard work, was the $40 spent on the new table legs and caster wheel - all screws, 2x4s, and the original 4x8 sheet of plywood were already owned.

Then, thin green carpeting was cut and affixed to the tabletop with rug adhesive.

Around this time, I officially decided to name this layout the "Ephrata Valley RR Mainline" - with a rapidly increasing locomotive roster thanks to the incredible work done by the Anderson Shops, the 4'x4' Ephrata Valley Railroad has at last become too small. After selling off the N-Scale Santa Fe Paradise layout and some other train stuff, with further plans to downsize, I decided to focus on what I enjoy most about model railroading - my Ephrata Valley Railroad. With this 4x8, I plan to focus primarily on realistic railroad operations, with 2 separate lines, 1 siding, and a decent train yard with engine shed and locomotive maintenance facilities - while still keeping the autumn theme. I do Not intend on tearing down the original 4x4, simply because the layout has 6+ years of memories invested in it, not to mention countless photos and videos, and being my first HO layout ever.

So, without further ado, here's how much track I've laid so far - the train yard is decently sized, with 6 sidings which can and eventually will, be used to store locomotives. It should be mentioned that I bought and built a Pola 2-door engine shed for the layout, which helped me to improve the train yard trackage. I still have time to change the track, as I plan to tackle wiring next, which needless to say, will be challenging - considering I want to wire-in blocks for all 6 locomotive storage tracks in the yard, as well as for the 1 siding connected to the inner line.

Thank you for reading, and I will post updates here when further progress is made.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on October 04 2021 10:10:38 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 04 2021 :  11:17:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
An empty 4x8 is like a blank canvas to guys like us.
You did an amazing job of rehabbing that sheet, and
that stuff isn't cheap. The joy of creating something
from a bunch of pieces; we are but Mini-Creators, in
His image. We look forward to your progress.

Edited by - Chops124 on October 04 2021 11:18:50 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 05 2021 :  1:04:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Looks like a nice, clean start!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 05 2021 :  4:11:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thank You Chops and DaCheez.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 05 2021 :  9:35:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Having the day off work, I made further progress on the layout, including adding another switch track which allowed for the 7th and last storage track in the train yard. Also, I trimmed several straight tracks to the exact length I needed, to make all of the sidings in the yard even. Furthermore, I put a Tyco coaling tower (that I bought pre-assembled on Ebay from lurker43 - it was well packaged and arrived safely. Thanks!) in the yard along with a Tyco Trackside Sand House I customized a little while ago.

To make the train yard fully operational, I plan to install 8 blocks, for all 7 storage tracks and the half-circle siding (as you can see, I've already placed 1 insulated rail joiner on 1 side of the tracks that I eventually plan to wire to a block switch.) I have successfully wired up a Tyco block switch previously, for the siding on RETRO TYCO, so I do believe I know what I'm doing.....hopefully.

I am curious, is there some sort of a block switch panel I can buy, for the purpose of having block switches for each of the individual storage tracks? I don't think buying 7 or 8 Tyco block switches, and having to attach 9 different wires to the same side of the powerpack will be ideal. I have seen what appear to be mini block switch "boards" if you will, made by Atlas on Ebay, but figured I'd ask here first. Any help will be appreciated.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 05 2021 :  10:25:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

You certainly keep busy with your layouts. Then again that is the purpose of this wonderful hobby.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 06 2021 :  12:20:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193600191097?hash=item2d13787a79:g:ZeUAAOSwdytfHHNf

This by Atlas. I seem to recall that this activates
an A & B block, between two transformers, but I
recall wiring up only one port, "A," to activate the
block, which is really kind of sloppy.

Also, it is a bit more more work, but single throw on
off toggle switches, fixed into drilled holes on the
side support can be used, but the support cannot
be very deep for the toggle to fit and be screwed on.

UGH. I HATE WIRING.

Here's an idea: take 8 turnout control switches, screw them
into a horizontal series, and wire only the left feed to the
insulated rail and then to the correct side of the power pack
(might take a spark or two to figure out which side. Depress
the switch button to activate the siding, and release for the
locomotive to halt.

Edited by - Chops124 on October 06 2021 10:23:05 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Bamos
Big Six

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - October 06 2021 :  12:55:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Bamos to Buddylist
The Atlas selectors are probably the cheapest option. My hobbytown has them for around 10 dollers a piece. To turn off power to the track leave the selectors switches in the center position. If you can find some single pole single throw switches cheap they will work also but are about 4 bucks piece at the local Menards.
Bill
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 202  ~  Member Since: December 24 2017  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 06 2021 :  8:45:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks wks!

Chops and Bamos - thanks for the advice. It seems that the Atlas selector blocks will be my best and easiest option....and I will need 8 blocks total, so 2 Atlas selector blocks should do. I am going to do some more research first and update you all once more progress has been made and if I have more questions.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 08 2021 :  03:29:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Selectors are fine, but were designed to switch power
back and forth from two different cabs in an age
before DCC. By wiring on side, A, or B, you
will get the desired on/off effect.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 08 2021 :  8:56:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Selectors are fine, but were designed to switch power
back and forth from two different cabs in an age
before DCC. By wiring on side, A, or B, you
will get the desired on/off effect.

Originally posted by Chops124-October 08 2021: 03:29:14 AM

Yep. I bought 2 Atlas selectors off Ebay for around 10 bucks each, 1 of which has the plates which enable it to be "connected" to the 2nd selector, for power transfer. I think I am actually looking forward to the wiring process. Stay tuned.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 09 2021 :  08:16:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
when you got the board
did anything fly off as you transported it?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 09 2021 :  6:13:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I saw it first.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 09 2021 :  9:33:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
when you got the board
did anything fly off as you transported it?

Originally posted by microbusss-October 09 2021: 08:16:52 AM

Nope, all of the track (or what was left of it that is) was nailed down to the plywood, while the wiring was all underneath the layout, hanging inside my truck bed.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 26 2021 :  10:28:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Well, I wired up the layout and nailed down all of the track, today. Rather than writing a novel to explain my progress, please enjoy my latest YouTube video:
Please be aware that I left the switch/turnout tracks manual, to keep it simpler in design and because I like manually switching the track.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1q1PL9mhYI

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 26 2021 :  11:42:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Impressive work. A dedicated EVRR layout- quite unique!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 27 2021 :  8:55:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Impressive work. A dedicated EVRR layout- quite unique!

Originally posted by Chops124-October 26 2021: 11:42:00 PM

Thank You!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 27 2021 :  9:17:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Looks nice. I guess you are doing a spring or summer setting on this one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 28 2021 :  10:13:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:

Looks nice. I guess you are doing a spring or summer setting on this one.

Originally posted by wks-October 27 2021: 9:17:28 PM

Thanks. I originally planned on doing this layout up in fall colors too, but at this stage, am not 100% sure.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 29 2021 :  05:51:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Well, winter, spring, summer or fall, you got 'em running
nice! Huh....what about winter?

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 29 2021 :  8:52:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
[quote]Well, winter, spring, summer or fall, you got 'em running
nice! Huh....what about winter?

Originally posted by Chops124-October 29 2021: 05:51:04 AM

[/quot

Definitely not gonna be winter, as I think modeling snow will be quite time consuming. Most likely fall, to match the original 4x4 layout, but I might also just leave the layout a plain but realistic, green. I've got plenty more to do to the layout before I need to decide on scenery.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 27 2021 :  9:27:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
After waiting in vain for over a month for the 4 to 5 Dollar Trees in my area to get black sand bags once again, I decided to take a trip to Michael's and found a similar black stone "ballast," if you will, which I then used on the layout. The results, well, speak for themselves - the layout looks awesome with black stone around the tracks!

Here's a video of Ephrata Valley RR train action on the 4'x8' mainline - enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cC3iXItswA&t=130s

Since then, I moved the fuel and water columns from behind the diesel sanding towers, to in front, where they will be both seen better, and appear more functionally realistic. I then plan on using an old junk tank car, and customizing it to become a diesel fuel tank, to put off to the side of the tracks in the diesel servicing area.

From here on out, progress on the layout is going to be even more fun, as I focus on scenery and structures, possibly adding a siding or 2, and backdrops.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - November 28 2021 :  3:33:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Looks good RP! I like the choice of black ballast. The collection of custom rolling stock looks great together. Makes me want to step my own game up on custom engines.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 28 2021 :  7:11:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Engine yard revision looks really good.

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - November 28 2021 :  9:40:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
Have you considered adding crossovers between the mainlines? Those Atlas Selectors you are using make the wiring for a two cab railroad easy, so adding those crossovers would be the next logical step.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 483  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 29 2021 :  12:06:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*builds a Erector bridge & uses the Lionel Hell Gate Bridge to connect both layouts!*
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 29 2021 :  9:53:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thank You DaCheez and Chops! I appreciate it.
LOL busss
Jward, I originally thought about doing that, and I still could in the future, but would have to pull up the nails in the track first before doing so. I'm happy with the layout as it is right now, but if I get bored with it in the future, I can do that, as I have plenty of spare brass rail track.

Between yesterday and today, I completed the backdrop for the layout. I used saved pieces of lauan wood - cutting a few to the sizes I needed, and then added 3 coats of blue paint. The backdrop was then nailed to the sides of the layout, and glued with wood glue in the corners. The final result looks quite good and will be a gamechanger for taking photos and videos of train action on the layout. Next up, the fun stuff - buildings and scenery.

I may paint clouds in the future.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 12 2021 :  10:16:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I decided to dismantle the original 4'x4' Ephrata Valley Railroad layout and add as much as possible from the old layout onto the new 4'x8'. The video tells all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN3rve8Gd94&t=2s

Today I worked on some scenery on the 4'x8', specifically adding tri-color green Woodland Scenics clump foliage (that I kept all this time from dismantling my N-Scale Horseshoe Curve layout years ago) to the rear of the layout and along the right side by the backdrop, where the space from track to backdrop isn't large enough for trees. I can still improve the backdrop with either a picture or rocks.....

Thanks to a tip from the Budget Model Railroading Facebook group, I picked up a roll of black Duck Tape, to use for roads. Here are my results for the road I planned on adding to the edge of town, running right along the tracks. I also found a good use for the HO Atlas white fence I've been holding on to forever, separating trains from cars. I am happy with the results, although the tape is a little too shiny for my liking - I'll try sanding it slightly to get rid of the glossy sheen, for a more realistic road. Best part about using Duck Tape (besides cheap) is it is easy to pull up, so if I need to move or replace roads, it will be a breeze.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 12 2021 :  11:10:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Bravo! It was time to move forward and try something new.
It is my conviction that if we are created in His image, then
it follows we are mini-creators. We are at our best when
we are creating. It's what we do.

Lotsa archival footage of the original EVRR, which gave me
much inspiration and enjoyment.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 13 2021 :  9:12:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Bravo! It was time to move forward and try something new.
It is my conviction that if we are created in His image, then
it follows we are mini-creators. We are at our best when
we are creating. It's what we do.

Lotsa archival footage of the original EVRR, which gave me
much inspiration and enjoyment.

Originally posted by Chops124-December 12 2021: 11:10:42 PM

Thanks, Chops, I appreciate it. And I agree with that sentiment.

Exactly, the many photos and videos of the layout will keep its memory alive, not to mention all of my favorite buildings being grafted on to the new 4'x8'.

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 13 2021 :  11:44:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Looks good! It's always sad saying goodbye to a layout, but the evolution is inevitable. There are a couple of buildings on my current layout that have survived all the way from my first layout. It's kind of fun how that happens...

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 14 2021 :  9:39:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Looks good! It's always sad saying goodbye to a layout, but the evolution is inevitable. There are a couple of buildings on my current layout that have survived all the way from my first layout. It's kind of fun how that happens...

Originally posted by DaCheez-December 13 2021: 11:44:07 PM

Thanks!

It will be sad when I eventually tear down the original 4'x4', but yeah, having many of the buildings on the new layout (as well as the trains in my collection) will keep the memories alive. That's cool!

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - December 14 2021 :  10:32:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
Nice work, RP. I enjoyed the colorful scenery on the original layout. Regarding the duct tape road, it looks a bit lumpy. You may want to get some thin cardboard (Costco, Sams, Ikea, ...) and use it as the road base, then apply the tape on top. Maybe that will help smooth out the road?
Edited by - Brian4321 on December 14 2021 10:34:53 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 14 2021 :  11:48:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*moves the highway to the FRONT of the buildings*
thats better
don't need a ALLEY highway exactly

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 15 2021 :  8:58:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Nice work, RP. I enjoyed the colorful scenery on the original layout. Regarding the duct tape road, it looks a bit lumpy. You may want to get some thin cardboard (Costco, Sams, Ikea, ...) and use it as the road base, then apply the tape on top. Maybe that will help smooth out the road?

Originally posted by Brian4321-December 14 2021: 10:32:48 PM

Thanks. Yeah, I noticed that as well, and maybe cardboard would do the trick. I can cut up an old cereal box and see what happens. Best part about using duct tape is, 1 roll gives me plenty of road.

busss, there will be more roads in the town, but I specifically wanted a road on the edge of town that runs parallel to the tracks, for photo/scenery purposes.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 16 2021 :  4:54:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Shaping up nicely.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 24 2021 :  8:00:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Coming along nicely Robert. I do like the original layout though.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 24 2021 :  9:22:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Thanks guys!

Me too, wks, but I will do my best to incorporate what I loved about the 4'x4', into the 4'x8'.

Here's a shot of how the town scene has progressed.

RealBnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - December 24 2021 :  10:02:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RealBnsfIA to Buddylist
Looking great RP!! I really love those house kits, adding a few trees, cars, and people alongside the houses will really make them pop
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 241  ~  Member Since: October 02 2017  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 01 2022 :  10:19:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Looking great RP!! I really love those house kits, adding a few trees, cars, and people alongside the houses will really make them pop

Originally posted by RealBnsfIA-December 24 2021: 10:02:50 PM

Thank you! These latest houses are quite nice, and I definitely plan on adding trees, cars, and people to the town, once I get more buildings and figure out the road setup.

I saved all of the autumn trees made with Woodland Scenics "lichen" from the old layout, and after trimming some and fixing others, glued them on the 4'x8', creating a brand new "tracks thru the trees" scene in the right-rear section of the layout. I am very happy to have saved these trees and mimicked the iconic scene of the old layout, where I enjoyed taking so many photos.

Edited by - RP model railroads on January 01 2022 10:20:50 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 06 2022 :  10:57:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Every now and then I switch out the Ephrata Valley RR steam and diesel locomotives stored in "Norristown Yard," so this time, I decided to record the locomotive moving action. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbCPQs_oWnk&t=58s

Old Bandit
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - March 29 2022 :  1:23:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Old Bandit to Buddylist
Great layout. Love it !
I don't take myself seriously, so I apologize if you do.
 Country: Ukraine  ~  Posts: 10  ~  Member Since: March 29 2022  ~  Last Visit: March 31 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 29 2022 :  10:59:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Great layout. Love it !

Originally posted by Old Bandit-March 29 2022: 1:23:21 PM

Thank You!

Lachute
Switcher

CNRedAvatar

Posted - May 20 2022 :  05:23:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Lachute to Buddylist
Awesome layout ! could you tell me why there is no turnouts between the two main tracks? It will be more interesting. Only my two cents...
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 7  ~  Member Since: May 15 2022  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 20 2022 :  10:00:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Awesome layout ! could you tell me why there is no turnouts between the two main tracks? It will be more interesting. Only my two cents...

Originally posted by Lachute-May 20 2022: 05:23:38 AM

Thanks!

Actually, I've gotten this suggestion before and I do plan on eventually doing so - I don't know why I didn't do it at first.

CPL57
Switcher

RoboAvatar

Posted - May 21 2022 :  08:09:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CPL57 to Buddylist
Wonderful layout. Hope you don't mind if I borrow a lot of ideas...What's the height of the backdrop ? Thanks.
 Country: France  ~  Posts: 67  ~  Member Since: May 21 2022  ~  Last Visit: June 07 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 22 2022 :  10:35:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Wonderful layout. Hope you don't mind if I borrow a lot of ideas...What's the height of the backdrop ? Thanks.

Originally posted by CPL57-May 21 2022: 08:09:21 AM

No problem. The backdrop is 13.5 inches high.

CPL57
Switcher

RoboAvatar

Posted - May 23 2022 :  08:59:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CPL57 to Buddylist
quote:
No problem. The backdrop is 13.5 inches high.
Originally posted by RP model railroads - May 22 2022 :  10:35:09 PM

Thanks !
 Country: France  ~  Posts: 67  ~  Member Since: May 21 2022  ~  Last Visit: June 07 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Ephrata Valley Railroad UPDATES Topic Next Topic: Red Mountain Railroad  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000