Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 DC COMIC CARS
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 3 TYCO Ralston Purina vairaints Topic Next Topic: Cool Hobby Shop Find  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - May 27 2007 :  11:31:18 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
I bid and won a mint lot of the DC comic cars. It is not very often you get all cars in one lot mint. Got the whole lot with priority for around $50.00. Most of these cars seperately start a $9.99 or higher and not all listed are mint at times. The boxes for these are in great shape ( i really do not care that much about the boxes)for the age of these cars. The retail stickers on these are for a $1.99 when sold new back in 1977 when they were relaesed. The lettering on end flaps is typed and not a sticker. Wished they would have done Spider man-Incredible Hulk- and Warner Bros.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - May 27 2007 :  12:59:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
Nice set. I've collected those seperately over the years and have all 4 myself although I'm looking to upgrade my Superman one, it's nice but not mint.

I would guess that they made an equal amount of each of these cars but the Batman car fetches the most while Shazam can be had cheap. I would imagine that's due to Batman's popularity and the collecting is reaching outside that of just model railroading.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - May 27 2007 :  3:20:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Certainly one of TYCO's more popular 50ft. Plug Door set offerings. They are great looking cars. Nice pick-up getting the entire set in good condition.
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:14:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
quote:

I wish we knew of someone who made really nice decals and had experiencing "cloning" fantasy Tyco cars. [:D]

Originally posted by New York Central - May 27 2007

***NOTE*** I botched this topic up a couple days ago, because the "Reply with quote" and "Edit Topic" buttons look too much alike when you're in a hurry... that's why the quoted post is gone. I will try to be more careful but for me I'm surprised I never made that mistake sooner!

I had a Wonder Woman car that I scanned; as soon as I find an N-scale 50' plugger I am going to reduce the carside to N scale and print a decal.

I don't currently have any of the others except Shazam. They go a bit pricey for me; $50 for all four was a great deal indeed!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 24 2009 :  2:07:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
heh cool just picked up the Wonder Woman car for $10 did see these 4 for $20 each at The Great Train Expo in Denver
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 06 2023 :  6:12:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I hate to revive a old thread but saw this fan made set pic on FB

he made the other 4 recently & I DO WANT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14690  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 06 2023 :  7:06:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Very nice. Looks factory painted.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 09 2023 :  4:47:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
someone has the decals for these!
https://hotmart.com/en/marketplace/products/tyco-dc-comics-boxcars-designs/W82741481H?fbclid=IwAR0L4wj0dtYxK46hyHc0TRl6Cu8a1ls0WsZ1NTIqjjMUeGJaGRoNXLPnIv4

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 19 2023 :  2:55:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Tyco missed out on that one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5897  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 03 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: 3 TYCO Ralston Purina vairaints Topic Next Topic: Cool Hobby Shop Find  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000