Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 28 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 great PRR at Horseshoe Curve!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Post Your Favorite Model Train Pic Here Topic Next Topic: Auto Train and Ye Olde Steam  

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - July 25 2012 :  09:47:39 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator 

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 25 2012 :  11:35:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Erich,
Thanks, that was really neat. I did notice some editing FX and the models were great. This is Art.
My home is within 20 miles of the "curve" and I've only been there a couple of times.
The historical society used to have a live web cam that would allow you to operate the angle of the cam.
I have a part of my layout that I think of as the "Curve" with a Mantua Alco C430 in PRR to represent the Geep that sits there now.

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on July 25 2012 5:47:27 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 25 2012 :  12:08:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi erich that was wicked,what i would give to play with that layout,great detail,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - July 25 2012 :  3:30:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Astounding modelling. I thought it was a club layout, but it appears to be a private modeler. He says he changes his prototype every year! Right now he's into the N&W.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dferg100

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 25 2012 :  6:29:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
That isn't the only Horseshoe Curve Yes its more famous But there is one in NW Nebraska too It's BNSF of course
I'll go take pics sometime
Great vids, guys Nice to see how East RRs do thier buisness or used to
Wait a minute! In the N&W in December vid I think I saw a Burlington truck in the Downtown area
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SCVR66
Big Boy

SCVR #2

Posted - July 25 2012 :  7:12:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SCVR66 to Buddylist
I like the ending on the second video my cats jumped on my layout before but i quickly get him off so he wont ruin anything
I buy, repair, and collect
http://scvr.weebly.com/
http://seyboldlocomotiveworks.weebly.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeputation?feature=watch
Hyde.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1352  ~  Member Since: January 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: July 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - July 25 2012 :  8:00:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
You see that the backgrounds with mountains and trees are real from another video?
The trains and track are still art.

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on July 26 2012 3:02:54 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erich
Big Boy

train

Posted - July 26 2012 :  10:49:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erich to Buddylist
I think he made the backgrund by "blue screen" and used other tricks of the film makers.
they guy must be involved in video bussines . also think he is modeling only for films and there is no large layout. but i like the way the engines move! Sound seems to be also real! - Erich
 Country: Austria  ~  Posts: 1046  ~  Member Since: December 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 19 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - July 26 2012 :  2:25:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
The backdrops do move unnaturally at times, and sometimes it looks like there's a 2 mile dropoff to the side of the ROW, but overall the effect is great. I didn't realize that all of the backgrounds are green-screened until I watched the N&W winter scene til the end and saw Catzilla in front of it. He could make his own Japanese monster movie.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 13 2023 :  10:05:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Cool model train videos on that YouTube channel.

Has other YouTube videos.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5911  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Post Your Favorite Model Train Pic Here Topic Next Topic: Auto Train and Ye Olde Steam  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000