Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 28 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 Tyco "Sample" Santa Fe Shark
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO pre-production City of New Orleans close up Topic Next Topic: TYCO...Did you know...  

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - March 29 2012 :  1:32:17 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Here's another oddity I got from the Bob Beers collection. It came in a box labeled "Sample ok" on the top. I didn't notice until last night that this looks to be hand painted. The silver and most of the red could be spray or air brush painted, but there are also touch ups of globbed red, and if you look close enough you can see the yellow on the nose is hand painted. The Santa Fe name, herald, numbers, and the black and yellow stripes are all decals. You can see where there is some over spray of red on the silver around the pilot area. From looking at the production unit on Tony's site, the numbers look to be in the same place, but the Santa Fe name looks to be one letter space off on mine.

Also notice the trucks. One side frame is black, while the others are plain gray. Both trucks have the pick up wheel on the same sides, but that's okay, since there's no wiring at all in there. The wheels are SUPER clean, as I'm guessing this was never run.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator 

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - March 29 2012 :  1:35:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
These might show the decals and paint over spray a little better.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

rgcw5
Hudson

conrock switcher

Posted - March 29 2012 :  2:27:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send rgcw5 a Yahoo! Message  Add rgcw5 to Buddylist
Interesting story I heard about the AT&SF and the RF 16's. Because Baldwin's were sheer pulling monsters, Santa Fe was so impressed from the demonstrator tests in both Cajon and Raton, they made an initial order of 50 units as both heavy freight and helpers. EMD got wind of the purchase and a sales rep told them in so many words " if you purchase those Baldwin's, we may just have a shortage of EMD parts and our new locomotive deliveries may just be delayed"

Needless to say Chico cancelled the purchase.

just me Ray... and just because I have Tyco doesn't mean I am not a model railroader
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 506  ~  Member Since: April 03 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - April 13 2012 :  6:38:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Nice score newhudson! I totally missed any wins from that collection and any from auctions from Dan's' Trains in FL a couple of years ago.

Alco Fan
Edited by - Alco Fan on April 13 2012 6:40:08 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 17 2020 :  10:48:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice touch on a classic.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5878  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 17 2020 :  11:58:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: TYCO pre-production City of New Orleans close up Topic Next Topic: TYCO...Did you know...  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000