Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 Excellent MILW What-If Tower 55...
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Plainview and Lubbock Equipment. Topic Next Topic: Turtle Creek Centrall lives  

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - January 07 2007 :  06:44:38 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Here's the second loco displayed this weekend by our Minnesota visitor to Doc's Caboose in Kansas City...

It's a Tower 55, but not their "Classic Concept Series" Milwaukee Road...this one has the older Milwaukee Road scheme updated and applied to this Tower 55 General Electric boat. The decals were largely custom made and the unit was painted with Badger paints.

Is this sharp or what???

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator 

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - January 10 2007 :  03:13:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
That certainly is a handsome ride. Looks as good as factory in the photos.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 10 2007 :  11:57:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist

That truly is spectacular work. I wish I could paint that well. How on earcth did he get those fine black pinstripes so perfect? Not a trace of decal film either!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - January 10 2007 :  12:59:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
quote:

That truly is spectacular work. I wish I could paint that well. How on earcth did he get those fine black pinstripes so perfect? Not a trace of decal film either!

Originally posted by GoingInCirclez - January 10 2007 :  10:57:20 AM

Yes, the black pin stripes on the TOWER 55 boat are nothing short of stunning...HOW is the question. That is not easy work.

The FP-45 is masked off for its safari stripes, which is mind boggling too.

After those two projects, I would be ready only to do a solid black NW or Penn Central geep myself. [:D]

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - February 02 2007 :  11:24:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
...gasp... Sharp and or what! Imagine if all the pre merger roads were recognized? Like the GN with the BNSF? Imagine seeing the Northern Pacific circled "ying-yang" symbol on a glossy black background on a like unit? All the roads that made up the BNSF: GN, NP, CBQ, SPS, Frisco...
How about CSX? B&O, C&O, WM, SAL, ACL,... the Pennsy (like those pinstripped GG-1's), on and on...
Talk about foamer eye-candy! [8)]
Albeit, wouldn't be much for UP, (except for CNW is already done) MKT, WP (Feather Route scheme), Southern Pacific... all that shiny stuff...
Hey, just like what TYCO came out with when they painted up their rollingstock... uh...
See? History does repeat itself! oh, maybe I'm drooling, [:P] er... dreaming.
John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?

Edited by - zebrails on February 04 2007 3:17:05 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 16 2009 :  01:12:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
O.O thats COOL love it & zebrails is right but UP did its Heratige series of locos & thats close isn't it?? how about one of these in a PennCentral merger paint scheme?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 30 2009 :  3:26:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
or in NYC or Pennsylvania b4 the merger or my fav railroad Rock Island!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChrisC
Hudson

B&O

Posted - March 31 2009 :  12:01:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChrisC to Buddylist
Whoops posted my comments in the wrong topic lol.

Doing Pennsy or Penn Central would be easy. Paint it black, slap some lettering down the side, done lol. Though NYC always had some good looking color schemes.

That said, Norfolk Southern has a test car that looks ALOT like Pennsylvania tuscan red.
http://railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=262931&nseq=5
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 531  ~  Member Since: January 29 2009  ~  Last Visit: July 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 26 2020 :  12:53:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice Milwaukee Road unit.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 27 2020 :  10:00:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I still want one
Also NS has done some Heritage Units
So my comments are voided
  Previous Topic: Plainview and Lubbock Equipment. Topic Next Topic: Turtle Creek Centrall lives  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000