Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 24 ]  [ Total: 24 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 American Flyer (Gilbert)
 Gilbert score
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gilbert / AF  HO F3 repair help needed Topic Next Topic: Gilbert HO trains  

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - November 10 2010 :  10:06:13 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Train show last weekend, walked around just before doors open and a guy had a row of engines $15 each... I grabbed the Gilberrt C&O Alco diesel right off. Not in bad shape, one missing handrail, one broken, one horn absent. Didn't even notice until today it's the 31022 - the bell-ringer engine. Figure I did good there, it's a good $75 or better on eBay for one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator 

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - November 10 2010 :  11:05:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
Nice find with the Gilbert loco.
I had good luck a few years ago,my wifes cousins boyfriend found out I liked trains and gave me an almost mint Northern Pacific passenger set.
Has an A-B-A set of F3s,and 4 passenger cars,all in the two tone green paint scheme.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 10 2010 :  4:51:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Nice score there. I've started collecting many of the "fallen flag manufacturers" in the hobby - Cox, Gilbert, Varney, Penn Line, Train-Miniature, to name a few. I throw in Lionel, too, because they don't do HO anymore. I hope to someday have an entire train/consist totally of each manufacturer. I've got a Lionel HO engine, a Varney, a Cox, I think, Gilbert will be next.

So far, my Gilbert acquisitions are a rare bayola caboose, and a couple of all-metal flatcars. I don't think I have an engine, I'd need to see the frame to know for sure, guess I should look thru HOSeeker's literature to see if any of the junkers I got from my buddy are actually Gilbert or not. I think I have enough LIonel HO to make a consist, maybe Varney and Cox as well. I'll have to gather them all up one day, my trains are scattered over 3 floors in different storage areas. :) One day, I'll be organized. Anyway, cool deal, didn't know they had sound as well.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Gilbert / AF  HO F3 repair help needed Topic Next Topic: Gilbert HO trains  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 1.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000