Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 32 ]  [ Total: 32 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Car of the Week (COTW)
 CoTW June 13 - 19
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: CoTW June 20-27 Topic Next Topic: COTW June 6 - June 12  

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - June 13 2010 :  4:44:56 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
One of my box lot buys from yesterday's open house...

Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 13 2010 :  4:50:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
another atlas caboose love em ken

Edited by - catfordken on June 13 2010 5:13:07 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 13 2010 :  6:49:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oooo I ain't got that Shazam!/Capt Marvel car Only other one I needs is Superman
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 14 2010 :  01:12:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
That Shazam car was my first Tyco. It's currently running on my daughter's layout with the rest of that series.

Here's my COTW:

This came in the garage sale lot last week. I love these old time beer reefers.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 17 2010 :  9:02:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Ok, after posting to the AOTW, I have something for the COTW as well. More stored items unpacked from attic storage, this time a pair of billboard boxcars with one of my favorite stores on it - notice the different colors in the store name, too! Wonder how many variations there are? These aren't Tyco, but I like'em!

I think these were Ebay buys, but I"m not sure of that. Nice and clean, though!

Oh yeah, there's one OTHER difference I see....can you spot it? This is like one of those games where a detail is changed, and you have to look for them. Lets see how many people find the one I"m seeing other than the different colored letter spelling.
Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

steve
Big Six

PRREagleAvatar

Posted - June 17 2010 :  9:26:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see steve's MSN Messenger address  Add steve to Buddylist
the eyes are different on the girraffe? did I get it?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 227  ~  Member Since: January 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 17 2010 :  9:34:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
the eyes are different on the girraffe? did I get it?

Originally posted by steve - June 17 2010 :  9:26:24 PM

Dang, you got that one quick! It's the eyelashes, actually. I was looking at them, and the one on top looks "angry", and the one below looks wide-eyed. The only real difference is the eyelash placement, but it makes a big difference in impression. Strange how such a slight change can make a big difference.

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

steve
Big Six

PRREagleAvatar

Posted - June 17 2010 :  9:37:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see steve's MSN Messenger address  Add steve to Buddylist
I have the car with the angry look lol had to go look at it too!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 227  ~  Member Since: January 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - June 17 2010 :  10:05:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
Likelike makes the Toys R Us Cars. Here are a few more versions. The Boxcar with Geoffey, Gigi, and Baby Gee is hard to find. Carl

Numquam Immoderatio Satis Est
(Too Much Is Never Enough )

Edited by - VintageHO on June 17 2010 10:08:15 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 17 2010 :  11:31:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
I was surprised when I learned Toys R Us sold trains. I don't recall seeing them there--maybe it was regional. But then again, the nearest one was an hour a way and we didn't go there often, so maybe I missed it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 18 2010 :  12:02:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Toys "R" Us another on my wish list
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14691  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

steve
Big Six

PRREagleAvatar

Posted - June 18 2010 :  03:06:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see steve's MSN Messenger address  Add steve to Buddylist
I have superman car too!

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 18 2010 :  06:24:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
I was surprised when I learned Toys R Us sold trains. I don't recall seeing them there--maybe it was regional.
Originally posted by burlington77 - June 17 2010 :  11:31:25 PM

Usually they're over with the R/C cars, along a long wall. If you never look down that wall, you'll never see trains. I'm usually looking in the diecast aisles, so I rarely look down that one wall where they keep the R/C and trains and misc. But that's where they usually are. I think my TRU's have Lifelike starter train sets in stock in HO.

Jerry

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 18 2010 :  07:08:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi guys even uk trus sell train sets and other bits,more so at xmas,and very cheap ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 18 2010 :  4:00:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
I did see a LL starter set there this year, but I thought it was only for Christmas. They didn't have them after that. I've never seen any track, accessoried, etc.

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - June 18 2010 :  10:07:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi All,

Nice cars! I have a few of the TOYS R US cars myself. It looks as though my two cars with the orange roofs and different color letters both have the "angry" eyes. Both of those cars came to me with no doors. I think the one with the green doors looks good. I just need to find doors for the other one and we will be keeping the little Thuglems at bay.

Thanks for sharing
Mike

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 18 2010 :  11:11:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Geoffrey = gee-off-ree Not gonna show mine as its crummy
  Previous Topic: CoTW June 20-27 Topic Next Topic: COTW June 6 - June 12  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000