Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 Poll - should there be
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Stopping distance- Train at 50 MPH Topic   

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 06 2010 :  10:54:53 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Poll Question:
This poll regards a new catagory for *OTW , this new one being AOTW ( Accessory of The Week ). Seems to me to be a neglected catagory, what with all the neat items available. Romcat gently reminded me that it would be "nice" if I asked first before creating a new Forum subject catagory. LOL. So I'm doing a poll to see if it's worth doing it officially, or just stick it in Loose Ends. So the question is :

Should there be a separate and officially recognized Accessory of the Week catagory to post in?

Choices:

Yes
No
Don't care
I don't have TIME to keep up with all this!
I don't answer polls
Don't bother me, I'm playing with my Tyco's

(Anonymous Vote)

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
Edited by - AMC_Gremlin_GT on June 06 2010 10:58:40 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - June 07 2010 :  07:17:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Excellent proactive idea expanding the categories I think.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 07 2010 :  5:31:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
It sounds like a cool idea to me
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3325  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 07 2010 :  10:58:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I don't why not, we talk & post about everything else! I do sometimes wonder about how much space is avalible for the forum members.

With that in mind, last night I removed a new topic I had posted that had received no replies within the first 24 hours or so. I just felt there was no reason to leave my topic with photo on here taking up space, getting zero interest...

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - June 13 2010 :  4:03:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
I voted yes as the overwhelming majority of you did. I think accessories and structures would be two distinctly different areas (of course there is some overlap). The more the merrier I say.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - June 13 2010 :  4:06:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
quote:
I do sometimes wonder about how much space is avalible for the forum members.

With that in mind, last night I removed a new topic I had posted that had received no replies within the first 24 hours or so. I just felt there was no reason to leave my topic with photo on here taking up space, getting zero interest...

Originally posted by walt - June 07 2010 :  10:58:06 PM

First, space isn't an issue. I've got us covered.

Second, just because there are no replies to something doesn't mean others didn't appreciate it. I've seen many topics here that were appreciated by me but I don't reply to all of them.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 14 2010 :  01:17:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
I didn't get around to voting, but I wholeheartedly agree with the "more the merrier" attitude. Anything that gets people posting on forum would be great!

Personally, I'd love to see more comments and discussion. It seems like we post things and then they go away. Might as well talk about them! Of course, maybe we're all too busy playing with our trains.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Stopping distance- Train at 50 MPH Topic   
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000