Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: cobranut427 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Car of the Week (COTW)
 COTW May 9-May 15
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: COTW May 16-22, 2010 Topic Next Topic: COTW May 02-May 08, 2010  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 15 2010 :  10:52:11 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Here's my first boxed Tyco passenger car, an Amtrak Observation in a LONG brown box. I never remember seeing these stocked at any of the dept. stores I bought from as a kid, nor the hobby shops ( probably because they were more expensive? ), THis one has KayBee sticker on it, $3.99. Amazing. I could have afforded it back then, even, because I remember buying cars in the $3-5 range after Christmas ( but after everything had been picked over ). Ah well.

I intend to make a B-unit powered consist with an Observation car on either end, the first name that came to mind rather quickly was The Silver Sausage. One end will be Santa Fe with a red stripe, the other end will have the Amtrak blue stripe, and I hope to paint a white strip on the B unit sometime. At night, this commuter express could add two dining cars, and live up to the name as it becomes a late-night or weekend track-cruisin' dinner restaurant for scenic railing. Something different than just a simple excursion train. I've got the Santa Fe already from a recent auction. Now looking for a silver B unit to DCC. :) Usually I'm more into haulin' freight than "2-legged livestock", but have recently decided to dip my toes into the passenger market with some unusual ideas. NO telling how long this project will take, my recent completion of 5 AHM Helium cars to NMRA standards was a success, and the first of my many projects to acheive some completion ( I have another 4 or 5 Helium cars to convert, but I can live with 5 for now ). Sick this weekend, so not doing much outside other than birdwatching with the cats. All for now,

Jerry in Virginia

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
Edited by - AMC_Gremlin_GT on May 15 2010 10:53:54 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 16 2010 :  12:45:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice piece AMC, A few years ago I bought a bunch of the Tyco Amtrak. After thinking awhile, I remembered that basically all my engines were Santa Fe as a kid. So I bought a bunch of Tyco SF passenger cars and sold the Amtrak items on ebay...
Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: COTW May 16-22, 2010 Topic Next Topic: COTW May 02-May 08, 2010  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000