Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Yellow_TankCar ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 Spirit of 76 Boxcar Releases
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Flea market and antique store finds Topic Next Topic: What determines how rare a piece of rolling stock?  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - March 12 2010 :  12:15:55 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
This is a NEW updated version to an older post on the identification of Spirit of 76 boxcars.

In 1973, Tyco not only released The Alco 430 Presidential lettered seal locomotives in Bi-Centennial colors - They released boxcars also. Pictured below is the First Issued commemorative boxcars in 1776. These were only issued for a short while as the cars contained graphics that weren't licensed by Tyco to use as the graphics were already in use elsewhere and owned by another company. The star logo and writing of American BiCentennial 1776-1976 on these 3 boxcars were the issue. I do not know name of company that owned this logo. The graphics on the red and dark blue boxcar were also said by some to contain in-appropiate images on the silhouette images of the men. The image was altered slighltly after these were brought to attention and you will see differences in images in a comparison later. These were released in 1973 and began with Number 362A-2.50 Minuteman BiCentennial boxcar - 2nd = Paul Revere's Ride DK Blue -Number 362B-2.50 and Washington's Crossing Number 362C-2.50

Tyco 362A-2.50 The Minutemen

Tyco 362C-2.50 Paul Revere's Ride

Tyco362B-2.50 Washington's Crossing

Edited by - Brianstyco on March 15 2010 3:30:34 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 15 2010 :  4:01:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I wants these someday
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14696  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: May 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Coach
Switcher

LNAvatar2

Posted - May 31 2010 :  8:47:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Coach to Buddylist
Any ideas about scarcity? I have been looking for the white car, Washington's Crossing on Ebay for several months but can not even find one to bid on. See the red and blue cars sometimes, but not the white. Just wondering why it seems so much harder to find?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 20  ~  Member Since: March 04 2010  ~  Last Visit: August 07 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - May 31 2010 :  9:40:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
Any ideas about scarcity? I have been looking for the white car, Washington's Crossing on Ebay for several months but can not even find one to bid on. See the red and blue cars sometimes, but not the white. Just wondering why it seems so much harder to find?

Originally posted by Coach - May 31 2010 :  8:47:20 PM

Coach - Hi - The cars pictured above are RARE becasue these were first issued and for a very short time due to Graphic violation and supposedly a controversial image on the silhouette. They turn up Ebay -but not Frequently - The only advice i can give you is to look daily as i do - it may take you years to get too as it has taken me years to get some of these pieces i have shared on here
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Coach
Switcher

LNAvatar2

Posted - June 03 2010 :  08:38:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Coach to Buddylist
Thanks Brianstyco! That is some good advice.

Here is another example of what gets me, posted on ebay yesterday. The seller has the red and blue cars, but once again not the white! I'm starting to think the white must be the rarest of the rare.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 20  ~  Member Since: March 04 2010  ~  Last Visit: August 07 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - June 03 2010 :  4:38:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
The white Washington's Crossing for that initial release is by far the hardest one to find.

"easiest" to hardest.

Paul Revere
Minutemen
Washington's Crossing
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Coach
Switcher

LNAvatar2

Posted - June 03 2010 :  10:42:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Coach to Buddylist
Cool, good to know! Guess I'll just have to wait a while for a white one to show.
  Previous Topic: Flea market and antique store finds Topic Next Topic: What determines how rare a piece of rolling stock?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000