Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 New finds
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco UP Consolidation Topic Next Topic: TYCO RARE Red/Silver Illinois Central GP20 #5628  

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - February 09 2010 :  09:10:33 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
Just thought I'd put up a few photos of my recent eBay purchases for everyone to look at while they are snowed in...

Two shark nose diesels. Need a little touch up and I have to find some replacement horns. Otherwise they are in good shape and run well.

Little Six. Runs well in reverse! Not as good going forward. Needs a rear coupler and coupler pocket. Also a cool little Marx dwarf signal! I want more of these!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 09 2010 :  10:20:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I like the signals The ones in the top pic are backwards Usually the red is on bottom & green on the top Plus if you find horns for those Sharks I could use one I loves the watertower in the background Who made it? I got one just like it Will look for that dwarf signal on the 20th Is it O scale?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - February 09 2010 :  10:29:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
All the accessories in the top photo are Marx HO as is the dwarf signal. The water towers are usually on eBay for about $10-15. The block signals came like that! I have two. I didn't realize they were backwards. I don't care, though! The dwarf signal comes attached to a cardboard backer with a picture of a track on it. You just snap it right on the track. I've never seen one before this one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LIGuy45
Switcher

Posted - February 09 2010 :  2:20:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LIGuy45 to Buddylist
to 59chevy: I've tinkered with HO steam engines from Mantua, Penn Line and Bowser for 30 years and I can tell you that most of them seem to run better in reverse! It has something to do with thrust bearings and the armature of an open frame motor.

I started in HO with Mantua little six - I even had the matching valve gear. A long time ago I gave it to a minister who was working with his youth club to build an HO layout. I wish I had it now.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 39  ~  Member Since: July 14 2006  ~  Last Visit: February 06 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - February 09 2010 :  4:08:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
Ha ha...maybe I'll just run everything backwards!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 293  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: September 29 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - February 09 2010 :  4:36:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
They don't make signal towers like THAT anymore. Wicked Marx pieces!

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - February 09 2010 :  5:16:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi 59Chevy,

Wow! those are nice sharks. Are they all metal? Mantua? Do you have plans to put couplers on the front of one of them for a nice AA-ABA set?
I really like the track side items as well. Marx in particular is one of my favorites for these.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - February 09 2010 :  7:04:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
I really like Marx accessories, too! I've never seen that little dwarf signal until a few weeks ago and I had to have it! The sanding tower in the background in the top photo is really nice, too.

I'm going to leave the sharks as they are. I leave everything stock; I like it that way. I really like keeping things, as they say in collector car lingo, "OEM!" (Original Equipment of the Manufacturer) The sharks are all metal, original paint, stamped "Mantua Tyco" inside.

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 12 2010 :  11:19:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
"59,
I was following that auction. I've wanted one of those for years.
Congrats. No modifications, their historical:)
How do they run?

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 12 2010 :  12:57:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I leave everything stock; I like it that way. I really like keeping things,

yes I agree & since when do real locos have a NICE & new paint on them
I'd rather run them as-is Who cares if the paint is scratched &/or messed up
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

59Chevy
Big Six

Posted - February 12 2010 :  1:20:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 59Chevy to Buddylist
They both run pretty well! I got them both from the same guy. Paid more than I wanted for the second one, but got the first one really cheap, so it all evens out. When I saw the second one, I knew it probably ran well because the first one did, so that's why I bid on it.

Eventually, I'd like to find replacement horns and pull the other ones out. Both are missing half the horn. I don't modify anything! I like them the way they come from the factory.

Don't see these too often in the factory tuscan paint!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 27 2021 :  8:46:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Just thought I would put up a few photos of my recent eBay purchases for everyone to look at while they are snowed in.

Two shark nose diesels. Need a little touch up and I have to find some replacement horns.
Otherwise they are in good shape and run well.

Little Six. Runs well in reverse! Not as good going forward. Needs a rear coupler and coupler pocket.
Also a cool little Marx dwarf signal! I want more of these!"

Originally posted by 59Chevy on February 09 2010 at 9:10 am.

Just when you thought it was safe to venture into the sea.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco UP Consolidation Topic Next Topic: TYCO RARE Red/Silver Illinois Central GP20 #5628  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000