Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 2009 York Acquisitions
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The most elegant electric... Topic Next Topic: Youtube videos of real classics  

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - October 17 2009 :  3:05:14 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist
Well this years York for me was "heavy" with late 60s Red Box purchases. ..unfortunately even at York the "early stuff" is really starting to dry up.

First off I bought from a vendor 17 late 60s mint red box freight .

Not Tyco but a very nice little engine from Life Like
Mint and only $20 bucks.

Next a T6804A The Inter-City
missing a couple of window cellos from the component boxes
but still a nice set for $55 dollars

Finally 2 Golden West sets both mint never ran
these must be uncatalogued because I cant find
any info on the set numbers

BT

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 385  ~  Member Since: August 08 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 10 2023 Alert Moderator 

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - October 17 2009 :  3:08:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Nicely done! I have got to go to York sometime!
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 17 2009 :  4:33:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
$20 for a mint, boxed steam engine. Geez...around here the lowest you see for an unboxed steam engine MIGHT be under $50, if you're lucky Great finds though! The Tyco sets are sweet. There's never anything like that around where I live
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

eaglerock109
Mikado

MantuaAvatar

Posted - October 17 2009 :  4:37:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add eaglerock109 to Buddylist
Nice haul Tayco, I went to the York show several years back. I hope to coordinate another trip home and work that show into the trip.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 620  ~  Member Since: February 03 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ABE
Switcher

Posted - October 17 2009 :  5:31:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ABE to Buddylist
Hi Taycotrains,
I saw the B&O set on Friday at York but didnt see any of the rest you got, matter of fact for me this was the worse York show I ever attended due to the weather & hardly any HO trains at all, I saw one table with red box tyco on Friday morning but it was party covered & I didnt want to dig around with no one there so am not sure what was there, I hope it was the weather that kept people away from the show & the Spring show is better, anyway, nice find & did you see the CP Passenger boxed set for $250.00 ?
Abe

Abe Schwartz
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 50  ~  Member Since: May 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - October 17 2009 :  5:35:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist
Hey Cheez,
Its all about the "situation"...when you go to a show with 100s and 100s of vendors (maybe 1000s I don't know ? ) You are bound to find things like this if you look.
I was lucky because this particular vendor was selling primarily postwar Lionel and American Flyer.I spotted it hiding in the back of her table and showed a interest....she had it marked 25.00 dollars and when she saw I picked it up she came over and said she would take 20.00...( she had it sold at 25.00....but she offered and I jumped at it !)

On a HO dealers table that engine would have a asking price between 50 to 80 dollars...maybe more.

I have never seen a Life Like Steam Engine like that or any LL steam engine for that matter...but I am still relatively new at this HO thing

BT
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 385  ~  Member Since: August 08 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 10 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - October 17 2009 :  5:47:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist
quote:
Hi Taycotrains,
I saw the B&O set on Friday at York but didnt see any of the rest you got, matter of fact for me this was the worse York show I ever attended due to the weather & hardly any HO trains at all, I saw one table with red box tyco on Friday morning but it was party covered & I didnt want to dig around with no one there so am not sure what was there, I hope it was the weather that kept people away from the show & the Spring show is better, anyway, nice find & did you see the CP Passenger boxed set for $250.00 ?
Abe

Abe my kid wanted me to buy that set....I would have offered him $200 but
when there is no inserts for the cars I do not really have any interest in a set.

Yes the show was "light" on good HO I was literally looking under rocks for stuff.

Dale Kilsbaugh from Florida (a guy I have bought a lot of stuff from over the years) had nothing ...his son said he is "all sold out of the stuff"

Pat Neil from Dallas brought a bunch of G gauge stuff up in favor of his usual large selection of Tyco sets and confided in me that he made a mistake in doing that and that the sets will be there in the spring.

and your right the weather sucked !!!

Bob Taylor
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 385  ~  Member Since: August 08 2007  ~  Last Visit: October 10 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - October 18 2009 :  02:23:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
Nice finds.
I picked up a few things at a show in Phoenix today, Nothing like that though.
http://www.2guyzandsumtrains.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=80292.html#80292

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 18 2009 :  10:57:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
*is uber jealous* oh I knows you spent close to $1000 on those trains I'd like to find a UP set like the Inter-City set What? No billboard/ad cars?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

taycotrains
Big Six

TAYCOTRAINS

Posted - October 18 2009 :  2:03:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add taycotrains to Buddylist

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - October 18 2009 :  6:52:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist
Now I'm drooling...

Mike
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - October 18 2009 :  9:14:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
I'd say you had a good day with those finds, they all look perfect.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1324  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - October 18 2009 :  11:09:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
LMAO, tayco!

I feel ya, man.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - October 18 2009 :  11:11:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
LOL, I guess that is the equivalent of being "rick rolled" with each thread replied to. Good times.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

smokie
Hudson

smokie

Posted - October 18 2009 :  11:47:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add smokie to Buddylist
i like that 60's era stuff, it looks real nice. the life like engine looks sweet too. how long has life like been making trains? i thought the came out in the late 70's to early 80's.

great finds

jerry
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 553  ~  Member Since: January 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LoopnHook
Big Six

Crusader

Posted - October 26 2009 :  12:05:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LoopnHook to Buddylist

Bob,

I laughed so hard I feel out of my wheelchair... again! Well done!

Now 'bout your amazing stash from York... I don't know much about the late 1960's Tyco offerings but I do recall that when they offered the Golden West Set it marked the end of a decade of Disney Land and Petticoat Junction sets. I beleive the set on the left is a number 6927 from 1969. Cost with power pac was $38.00...They also offered the same set without the pac as number 6907 for $31.00.

I don't recall the other set with the 3 addtional freight cars and if it had been around I would have noticed it... At the time I was working for a real railroad and we ran mixed freights with a steam ten wheeler a couple of times a week! Perhaps the original owner bought a Golden West set plus the extra cars... whatever occured it's apparent that no one ever played with

Loopy

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 200  ~  Member Since: October 29 2006  ~  Last Visit: August 29 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 26 2009 :  10:21:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey LoopnHook try this link It has ALL the Tyco Red Box sets
http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/tycotrainsredboxtrainsets/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 12 2021 :  1:05:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:
Well this years York for me was "heavy" with late 60s Red Box purchases. ..unfortunately even at York the "early stuff" is really starting to dry up.

First off I bought from a vendor 17 late 60s mint red box freight .

Not Tyco but a very nice little engine from Life Like
Mint and only $20 bucks.

Next a T6804A The Inter-City
missing a couple of window cellos from the component boxes
but still a nice set for $55 dollars

Finally 2 Golden West sets both mint never ran
these must be uncatalogued because I cant find
any info on the set numbers

BT

Originally posted by taycotrains - October 17 2009 :  3:05:14 PM

Certainly picked up some nice sets and individual items.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5876  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 12 2021 :  11:11:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Very interesting overview of Tyco.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: The most elegant electric... Topic Next Topic: Youtube videos of real classics  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000