Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 37 ]  [ Total: 38 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 Transformers Electronic Train and Battle Set
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: The Sunshine Limited Topic Next Topic: Blue Set vs Blue Set  

Acoma187
Switcher

Posted - February 23 2009 :  4:28:59 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Acoma187 to Buddylist
I was recently digging around in my parents attic to salvage some of my old toys. I found a box covered in about an inch of dust that I didn't remember. The box seemed to be in fairly good shape (not mint but near) and was unopened. It was an unopened 1985 Transformers Electric Train and Battle Set. According to my parents it was one of a few presents from my early childhood that was jammed back into the abyss of good hiding spots only to be lost for 23-24 yrs.

Does anyone have any idea the value of such a train set? I have found only one pricing at http://www.transformerland.com/store/search3.php?LinkName=Tyco%20Electric%20Train%20and%20Battle%20Set
for an opened version. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - Acoma187 on February 23 2009 5:26:19 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: February 23 2009 Alert Moderator 

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - February 23 2009 :  6:42:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
You might want to ask the guys on a Transformer collectors forum.
http://www.transformerland.com/forum/
I'm not trying to be ignorant but I seriously doubt that a train collector would give anywhere near $350 for that set.

Ray
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - February 24 2009 :  05:55:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i have seen quite a few of these for sale on ebay,never many bidders,but they do sell,but no where near that amount,unless you visit collecter sites to do with transformers then it can get silly see link below

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?s=5635d80ea147d6e7e6cb500b6ea41322&showtopic=6521&st=0&p=134ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - February 24 2009 :  09:52:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
I think you would have a bigger profit (if you plan on selling it that is) if you sold it to a Transformers nut instead of a model train nut.

Why? It's a Tyco, so no matter how cool it is, most model railroaders will have a poor opinion of it.
On the other hand, a Transformers nut would love to have it because it's quite different than just another action figure. And with the sequel to the new Transformers movie coming out soon, there will be a demand for Transformers toys, new and old.

That's just my crazy opinion though...

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

transform245
Switcher

Transform and Roll Out!

Posted - October 24 2009 :  08:12:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add transform245 to Buddylist
I have a mint conditioned set of this train! I'm a huge transformes toy collector! I truely love mine! I like the fact that it transforms! Here's pics of mine:

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 8  ~  Member Since: September 26 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2009 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 24 2009 :  08:20:43 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I likes! & you found a Transformer/Train nut right here
Does the Thansformer set use regular couplers or are they different? BUT not crazy on either prices

Edited by - microbusss on October 24 2009 08:27:09 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

transform245
Switcher

Transform and Roll Out!

Posted - October 24 2009 :  6:19:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add transform245 to Buddylist
Yes it uses regular couplers. It is a rare and uniquie piece.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 8  ~  Member Since: September 26 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2009 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 24 2009 :  6:21:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I know! I do need to find one!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: The Sunshine Limited Topic Next Topic: Blue Set vs Blue Set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000